Google Feed is Blank

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
So, I cleared data on the Google app, because my search results were cutoff and only showing the first couple of results and wouldn't finish drawing the page.
It worked, but resulted in no more Google Now (or whatever is called now) feed, when I hold the home button and open it.
It's fine if open it in a browser on my Note 9,just not the baked in version.
I've gone thru all Google app and Google web page settings. I've gone thru all Nova Launcher settings. No joy.
Discover is turned on in the Google app and on their web page.
The CUSTOMIZE setting, in the Google app MORE menu is greyed out and cannot be selected.
Screenshots attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190720-120426_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20190720-120426_Google.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20190720_122600.jpg
    20190720_122600.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So, I cleared data on the Google app, because my search results were cutoff and only showing the first couple of results and wouldn't finish drawing the page.
It worked, but resulted in no more Google Now (or whatever is called now) feed, when I hold the home button and open it.
It's fine if open it in a browser on my Note 9,just not the baked in version.
I've gone thru all Google app and Google web page settings. I've gone thru all Nova Launcher settings. No joy.
Discover is turned on in the Google app and on their web page.
The CUSTOMIZE setting, in the Google app MORE menu is greyed out and cannot be selected.
Screenshots attached.

I'm going through same, after I switched Google accounts for the phone it happened, so trying figure it out

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Oh you not using Ac forums app?

I am, but when I select a link, while in the AC app, I choose Chrome because it I try to open the link on the AC app, it won't go. Just like when I receive an email about comments on an AC thread. Nothing opens when I select a link in the email.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I find no prompts, when selecting UPDATES at the bottom of the Google feed page. There are examples of what I should see.
I can't get it now because I past the prompt, but after I selected update it took me to do Google assistant voice also .then everything came back

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am, but when I select a link, while in the AC app, I choose Chrome because it I try to open the link on the AC app, it won't go. Just like when I receive an email about comments on an AC thread. Nothing opens when I select a link in the email.
Yeah that's crazy app

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I can't get it now because I past the prompt, but after I selected update it took me to do Google assistant voice also .then everything came back

That's so weird! I've looked at the UPDATES tab several times over the past few days and have seen nothing.

Why is my CUSTOMIZE greyed out?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's so weird! I've looked at the UPDATES tab several times over the past few days and have seen nothing.

Why is my CUSTOMIZE greyed out?
Greyed out because feed not working
Try clearing cache ,data then force stop google app then go back to google feed through search bar widget tap the G twice then bottom hit update

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol