Why So Much Data?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes I have multiple accounts but not multiple users. Big difference. Each user can have his own multiple accounts. All of my synced email accounts total wouldn't add up to a gb a month.

Samsung tech tried to figure out if I have multiple users and doesn't even know how to see that?

I'm on the first day of a new month. I have been using the phone all day mostly on social media but no sign of the deleted apps or users data category today. I'm going to make a point of noting any apps added or deleted. Maybe I will have to do a system reset then no auto restore to see if that works. Seems like an awful waste of time and effort unless I am hacked.

Do you think there is any point in downloading and running malwarebytes or any other security software? I don't know which is best? Most say it is unnecessary on Android phones.

I noticed in my unlocked model I have built in Samsung McAfee scan that runs every day on its own and it shows nothing wrong

I did a manual scan on it and it found nothing. I'm at wits end trying to figure this out. I tried another popular forum also but no help.
Don't add none of those antivirus or malware , it will do more harm then good .
Yes the built in one is fine.
Let me ask you this , are you experiencing any battery problems or performance?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
No battery or performance issues. No popups or weird sms. My bill however agreed with my phone data use. I called vzw yesterday and she said I used 13gb but as my phone said bill agreed it was 17. Never been that high before. As I said though no unusual activity per app. Only that unexplained data use in deleted apps or users. VZW only sees that as part of a category called web use which can be anything.

The only thing I thought of is I did wipe and reinstall my gear watch a couple of times but I don't think it uses that much data. In fact it is bluetooth only so it doesn't use any data. The phone uses the data.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No battery or performance issues. No popups or weird sms. My bill however agreed with my phone data use. I called vzw yesterday and she said I used 13gb but as my phone said bill agreed it was 17. Never been that high before. As I said though no unusual activity per app. Only that unexplained data use in deleted apps or users. VZW only sees that as part of a category called web use which can be anything.

The only thing I thought of is I did wipe and reinstall my gear watch a couple of times but I don't think it uses that much data. In fact it is bluetooth only so it doesn't use any data. The phone uses the data.
If everything ok , I wouldn't worry too much about it.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ya but of course if I get to 22 gb I get throttled. Fortunately I have no bank accounts on the phone and I use a prepaid credit card for Android Pay and Paypal and Amazon so I can't be ripped off for more than face value. I'm a worrier and that thread you directed me to included some individuals who had this problem because they were indeed hacked.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ya but of course if I get to 22 gb I get throttled. Fortunately I have no bank accounts on the phone and I use a prepaid credit card for Android Pay and Paypal and Amazon so I can't be ripped off for more than face value. I'm a worrier and that thread you directed me to included some individuals who had this problem because they were indeed hacked.
That thread was 5 years ago , chances are slim in today phone.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
After 3 months of huge data usage Removed apps and users hasn't used any at all at the end of the first week of this monthly cycle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781