Galaxy Note 10 Deal: BOGO at Verizon!
07-29-2019 12:16 PM
31 12
tools
    What is this removed apps and users and why is it using data? I am the only user
    07-20-2019 05:03 PM
    I cannot find that screen.
    Where is it?
    Which provider?
    I have a Verizon branded Note 9 on Verizon service.
    This is SETTINGS > CONNECTIONS > DATA USAGE > MOBILE DATA USAGE
    Attached Thumbnails Why So Much Data?-16852.jpg ย 
    07-20-2019 05:39 PM
    I think it's just app you install and deletedWhy So Much Data?-screenshot_20190720-204310_settings.jpeg
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    07-20-2019 07:44 PM
    I cannot find that screen.
    Where is it?
    Which provider?
    I have a Verizon branded Note 9 on Verizon service.
    This is SETTINGS > CONNECTIONS > DATA USAGE > MOBILE DATA USAGE
    Scroll down where you at and tap it
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    07-20-2019 07:44 PM
    Scroll down where you at and tap it
    Ah! I see. It's a selection from the list.
    Got it. Thanks!

I don't have that app on my very lengthy list.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-20-2019 10:11 PM
    Ah! I see. It's a selection from the list.
    Got it. Thanks!

I don't have that app on my very lengthy list.
    Lol , that many
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    07-20-2019 10:41 PM
    Lol , that many
    118 on the data usage list. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    07-20-2019 10:49 PM
    118 on the data usage list.
    danmmmm
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    07-20-2019 10:50 PM
    danmmmm
    ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-20-2019 10:56 PM
    I didn't uninstall any apps that used gb of data. They used a few mb.
    07-21-2019 11:19 AM
    I just checked for the past 3 months that category is at least 3gb a month. Doesn't seem right to me.
    07-21-2019 11:22 AM
    I didn't uninstall any apps that used gb of data. They used a few mb.
    But it calculate from 1 month
    07-21-2019 11:23 AM
    I just checked for the past 3 months that category is at least 3gb a month. Doesn't seem right to me.
    That monitor might be off
    07-21-2019 11:27 AM
    I understand but that is a ton of data! I used 17gb this month and all is accounted for but that. 4 mos ago it was 30mb . The last 3 mons at least 3 gb a month. I'd like to know what's using that data
    I seldom add or delete apps.
    shoeboy23 likes this.
    07-21-2019 11:28 AM
    I understand but that is a ton of data! I used 17gb this month and all is accounted for but that. 4 mos ago it was 30mb . The last 3 mons at least 3 gb a month. I'd like to know what's using that data
    I seldom add or delete apps.
    I'm not 100 percent sure on this , because it doesn't give better details.
    07-21-2019 11:30 AM
    So if it's not coming from removing Apps it has to come from multiple accounts on the phone?
    07-21-2019 11:37 AM
    07-21-2019 11:45 AM
    Only 1 user - me. I don't even log in to chrome on my phone. If I were hacked as some in the other thread were wouldn't I see some sign of it?

So if it's not coming from removing Apps it has to come from multiple accounts on the phone?
    07-22-2019 06:14 PM
    Only 1 user - me. I don't even log in to chrome on my phone. If I were hacked as some in the other thread were wouldn't I see some sign of it?
    Maybe multiple accounts like , one in Gmail, Samsung,outlook,ect?
    07-22-2019 06:26 PM
    Yes I have multiple accounts but not multiple users. Big difference. Each user can have his own multiple accounts. All of my synced email accounts total wouldn't add up to a gb a month.

Samsung tech tried to figure out if I have multiple users and doesn't even know how to see that?
    Maybe multiple accounts like , one in Gmail, Samsung,outlook,ect?
    I'm on the first day of a new month. I have been using the phone all day mostly on social media but no sign of the deleted apps or users data category today. I'm going to make a point of noting any apps added or deleted. Maybe I will have to do a system reset then no auto restore to see if that works. Seems like an awful waste of time and effort unless I am hacked.

Do you think there is any point in downloading and running malwarebytes or any other security software? I don't know which is best? Most say it is unnecessary on Android phones.

I noticed in my unlocked model I have built in Samsung McAfee scan that runs every day on its own and it shows nothing wrong

I did a manual scan on it and it found nothing. I'm at wits end trying to figure this out. I tried another popular forum also but no help.
    07-22-2019 06:29 PM
    Yes I have multiple accounts but not multiple users. Big difference. Each user can have his own multiple accounts. All of my synced email accounts total wouldn't add up to a gb a month.

Samsung tech tried to figure out if I have multiple users and doesn't even know how to see that?

I'm on the first day of a new month. I have been using the phone all day mostly on social media but no sign of the deleted apps or users data category today. I'm going to make a point of noting any apps added or deleted. Maybe I will have to do a system reset then no auto restore to see if that works. Seems like an awful waste of time and effort unless I am hacked.

Do you think there is any point in downloading and running malwarebytes or any other security software? I don't know which is best? Most say it is unnecessary on Android phones.

I noticed in my unlocked model I have built in Samsung McAfee scan that runs every day on its own and it shows nothing wrong

I did a manual scan on it and it found nothing. I'm at wits end trying to figure this out. I tried another popular forum also but no help.
    Don't add none of those antivirus or malware , it will do more harm then good .
    Yes the built in one is fine.
    Let me ask you this , are you experiencing any battery problems or performance?
    07-22-2019 07:04 PM
    No battery or performance issues. No popups or weird sms. My bill however agreed with my phone data use. I called vzw yesterday and she said I used 13gb but as my phone said bill agreed it was 17. Never been that high before. As I said though no unusual activity per app. Only that unexplained data use in deleted apps or users. VZW only sees that as part of a category called web use which can be anything.

The only thing I thought of is I did wipe and reinstall my gear watch a couple of times but I don't think it uses that much data. In fact it is bluetooth only so it doesn't use any data. The phone uses the data.
    07-22-2019 07:14 PM
    No battery or performance issues. No popups or weird sms. My bill however agreed with my phone data use. I called vzw yesterday and she said I used 13gb but as my phone said bill agreed it was 17. Never been that high before. As I said though no unusual activity per app. Only that unexplained data use in deleted apps or users. VZW only sees that as part of a category called web use which can be anything.

The only thing I thought of is I did wipe and reinstall my gear watch a couple of times but I don't think it uses that much data. In fact it is bluetooth only so it doesn't use any data. The phone uses the data.
    If everything ok , I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    07-22-2019 07:24 PM
    Ya but of course if I get to 22 gb I get throttled. Fortunately I have no bank accounts on the phone and I use a prepaid credit card for Android Pay and Paypal and Amazon so I can't be ripped off for more than face value. I'm a worrier and that thread you directed me to included some individuals who had this problem because they were indeed hacked.
    07-22-2019 07:39 PM
    Ya but of course if I get to 22 gb I get throttled. Fortunately I have no bank accounts on the phone and I use a prepaid credit card for Android Pay and Paypal and Amazon so I can't be ripped off for more than face value. I'm a worrier and that thread you directed me to included some individuals who had this problem because they were indeed hacked.
    That thread was 5 years ago , chances are slim in today phone.
    07-22-2019 07:46 PM
31 12