Why are my calendar events off by one day on my Note 9?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

We got a complaint from a client saying that his calendar is not syncing properly. Any event he creates on a shared calendar is off by one full day early. This apparently is only happening on his Samsung Note (don't know model #). So I tried to recreate the issue using my Note 9 and lo and behold, the events are off by one full day early. A co-worker tried to recreate the issue on his LG, but it displays the events correctly. I tried to re-create the issue on an iPad, but it also displayed the events correctly.
The client is using Outlook 2013 to create the events and the server is Exchange 2016. has anyone heard of or had experience with this issue? Is it a Note problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It appears to be a Samsung problem for all day events. Since dates are stores as Unix timestamps, "all day" is displayed as 00:00:00 on the day in question. Evidently, Samsung's version of Calendar interprets that as midnight of the previous day. (I can't fault Samsung for that - many, many programmers have gotten bitten by that. I always considered "midnight" to be 00:00:01, just to avoid that possibility. A calendar being 1 second off is nothing, but having it interpreted as one day off is bad.)

Not much your client can do except make an all day "event" start at one second (or one minute) past midnight, and end at 1 second (or one minute) before the following midnight.

If the problem is with all events, not just "all day" ones, then Samsung has really messed up.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
It's not just items that are added as events. I just went into my calendar to add something and saw that Thanksgiving is now listed as Wednesday and not Thursday. Then I saw some other events that had been pulled from my calendar that are off a day. I went in and fixed that I'm just wondering how many others are off. Never had this problem before why is it happening all of a sudden?

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Just an FYI. I went in to look at my calendar and noticed that it's the Hotmail / Outlook calendar that is off. So I turned it off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta