08-22-2019 08:59 PM
89 1234
tools
    Has it been established if Note 10 really has ir blaster or if the ir is only for the spen?
    08-01-2019 08:29 AM
    I like Asus products. I have an Asus watch (which unfortunately they no longer make) and an Asus laptop however their phone doesn't work in VZW so no shot.
    I know the Note is all about the pen... but the Note 10 hasn't shown me anything exciting to get rid of my 8. But if having a pen is not that important and we're talking about basically getting the best flagship phone out (spec-wise)... after seeing this video and the insane specs, especially the 6000 mah battery with other flagship specs, I'd get the Asus Rog 2 phone to be a daily driver not caring about the game aspect of it.

08-01-2019 11:55 AM
    The only device I have fancied ditching the note for recently is the s10 5g.

I would still get one if they were not locked in the UK.
    08-02-2019 03:46 AM
    Oh I love tablets. I hear people say their Notes replace tablets but nothing beats media consumption on a tablet (around 10") screen like reading a book or magazine on your favorite place. I'll do quite a bit on my Note but when I want to really take the time to read/view something and get more absorbed in it, I'll wait until I can do it on my tablet. Even when in front of my desktop and if I have 22 to 27" monitors, I still prefer to pull out my tablet, tilt back my office chair and read it like a magazine.

I just bought an iPad Pro 11" last week when it was $150 off at BB to replace my 4+ year old cellular iPad 2 Air.

Agreed. The Note 9 is definitely the first phone where I don't feel the need to upgrade to the next/greatest. Also, $$$. What I might do instead is upgrade my old, aging Tab S2 tablet with either the S5e or the new Tab S6. Or wait for the rumored 8" S2 successor.

Yes, I still use a tablet.
    davisgq and burrzoo like this.
    08-02-2019 07:24 AM
    IR for the S-Pen?? Is that a new feature on the 10?? Cause I believe the Note 9 doesn't have IR feature... it's using low power BT to do all the tricks the current pen does.

Has it been established if Note 10 really has ir blaster or if the ir is only for the spen?
    08-02-2019 07:26 AM
    It has an ir sensor but nobody knows what it does. Spen is one theory
    08-02-2019 09:27 AM
    Keeping my 2 Note9 and will trade in both my S9 Plus for 2 Note10 Pro with 1 terabyte.
    08-05-2019 01:22 PM
    Keeping my 2 Note9 and will trade in both my S9 Plus for 2 Note10 Pro with 1 terabyte.
    How's that work ? To a carrier you'll trade in , I never did 2 phones same time .
    08-05-2019 01:31 PM
    You'll only $300 trade in value for the S9+.
    If I were you, I'll trade the S9+ for a fair condition note 9 (I am sure someone on CL or FB marketplace will trade), then use the N9 as trade in for the N10 pro.
    08-05-2019 01:31 PM
    I would really like to say yes, but no. Not only a budget issue, but I honestly wouldn't pay money for a Note 10 unless my Note 9 dies
    rsmin likes this.
    08-08-2019 01:10 AM
    I'm not, I have bill credits to making my monthly payment cheaper. I'm also not willing to have a phone with no headphone Jack as my daily driver.

I'll probably buy the Note 10 at some point during the holidays when it's on sale, but I have 2 lines so I'll rock it and the Note 9.
    08-08-2019 01:36 AM
    Well I couldn't resist it, I just ordered a black 10+ 4G
    debdroid1a and kevinpleasants like this.
    08-08-2019 06:03 AM
    I guess it's because we all knew what the N10 new features would be, but I thought it was a pretty boring unveiling yesterday. More loss than gain, IMO, at least for me. Not the least bit excited about any of the N10's.

It's like the laptop or tablet wars of years ago. When the platforms were young, there were a lot of meaningful changes from year to year, making it easier to justify upgrading often. Better screens/faster/lighter/etc. But then the platforms matured and they were all basically the same. Yeah, they still get a little faster each year, but except to hardcore gamers, that does not really help most of us. It seems we are more into the change for change's sake phase, rather than changes that make them a truly better product.
    saffy77, rsmin, Ellzin and 1 others like this.
    08-08-2019 06:57 AM
    I guess it's because we all knew what the N10 new features would be, but I thought it was a pretty boring unveiling yesterday. More loss than gain, IMO, at least for me. Not the least bit excited about any of the N10's.

It's like the laptop or tablet wars of years ago. When the platforms were young, there were a lot of meaningful changes from year to year, making it easier to justify upgrading often. Better screens/faster/lighter/etc. But then the platforms matured and they were all basically the same. Yeah, they still get a little faster each year, but except to hardcore gamers, that does not really help most of us. It seems we are more into the change for change's sake phase, rather than changes that make them a truly better product.
    Completely agree and couldn't have put it better myself.

It really feels as if smartphone technology has peaked now. Although I'd loved to be proved wrong on this. But there was no 'wow' moment for me yesterday to offset the huge cost of upgrading.
    08-08-2019 07:06 AM
    Keeping my new note 9 replacement.
    And yes I pre-ordered the Silver s10 note plus.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    08-08-2019 09:12 AM
    For the first time in a long time I have absolutely no desire to upgrade to the next Note. I am perfectly happy with my Note 9 and plan on keeping it for the next year.
    Glad I am not the only one. First time in a long time I haven't upgraded. For one, I love my Note 9, secondly I am retired now and have to watch my money a little closer!
    08-08-2019 09:28 AM
    Well I pre-ordered aura glow 256 keeping my note 9. With trade 601.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    08-08-2019 11:03 AM
    Glad I am not the only one. First time in a long time I haven't upgraded. For one, I love my Note 9, secondly I am retired now and have to watch my money a little closer!
    I really can't see myself upgrading and I would have done if it was worth it. BUT... No iris scanner, no LED, no SD (unless you want a 10+ which is too big for me and my wardrobe(!)), and no headphone jack is a hell of a sacrifice for a couple of mills less bezel (and a thinner phone... but the N9 is hardly a brick!). Plus a hole in the display, plus a fatter notification bar which takes away the advantage of the thinner bezel in any case. Why on earth would I choose that? Plus I'd have to wait for a new Brodit car charger to come out and they are expensive. (OK I don't need to do that but they are my favourite and the best IMO). Plus the cost of a new Clear View case... No thanks. Lucky I love the N9!
    08-08-2019 03:06 PM
    I really can't see myself upgrading and I would have done if it was worth it.
    I respect your reasons and I'm glad you're happy with your N9. But for me: I won't miss the iris-scanner when there's a front-side fingerprint scanner; I don't care about the LEDs if the screen can show the same notification lights; the N10+ is just 1mm taller, and 0.5mm wider, than a N9 (and the N10+ is 1mm thinner, thus 10% less size overall, than the N9); I've never used close to 256GB (but the N10+ still accepts an SD card); I doubt I'll notice the cutout, and a hole is better than missing an entire edge of the screen (N10+ height is 3040 pixels, vs 2960 for the N9); I seldom use wired headphones but if I want to, the N10 comes with USB-C AKG headphones; I haven't heard about the notification-bar size, but if even if it's not software-configurable, it doesn't matter for full-screen apps; I've never used a case for my phone (and my screen has never ended up scratched or cracked), so I won't need a new one; my N9 chargers will still work, plus the N10 comes with a new 25W adapter.

I wouldn't pay $1100 for a N10+. But it's not implausible to pay $500 to trade a N9 for a N10+ with a credit for BT earbuds.
    sonnnet and kevinpleasants like this.
    08-08-2019 05:03 PM
    I respect your reasons and I'm glad you're happy with your N9. But for me: I won't miss the iris-scanner when there's a front-side fingerprint scanner; I don't care about the LEDs if the screen can show the same notification lights; the N10+ is just 1mm taller, and 0.5mm wider, than a N9 (and the N10+ is 1mm thinner, thus 10% less size overall, than the N9); I've never used close to 256GB (but the N10+ still accepts an SD card); I doubt I'll notice the cutout, and a hole is better than missing an entire edge of the screen (N10+ height is 3040 pixels, vs 2960 for the N9); I seldom use wired headphones but if I want to, the N10 comes with USB-C AKG headphones; I haven't heard about the notification-bar size, but if even if it's not software-configurable, it doesn't matter for full-screen apps; I've never used a case for my phone (and my screen has never ended up scratched or cracked), so I won't need a new one; my N9 chargers will still work, plus the N10 comes with a new 25W adapter.

I wouldn't pay $1100 for a N10+. But it's not implausible to pay $500 to trade a N9 for a N10+ with a credit for BT earbuds.
    I hear you and respect your view, too. LED is a big one for me, I like a bit of vintage on a sophisticated device and it's just more instant and eye catching for me and with Light Flow super useful. But I get it's not essential. I also like Iris, it's cool, kind of sci-fi and flows so nicely. I just think they are nice hardware and I like that in a device. And the choice of finger print or Iris is cool and I do use them in different conditions, and often choose in a split second. Hey, I'm telling you nothing new and no doubt the N10 and N10+ will be awesome in real world conditions. Give it a couple of months, maybe I'll change my view, but for now, for me the N9 is still a fantastic device to be using and my phone of choice. I hope the N10 or N10+ is as good or better for you as the N9 has been. I'll definitely be scouring the forums and reviews so please keep us posted
    Gary02468 likes this.
    08-08-2019 06:24 PM
    I'm going to get the Note 10 +, 5G.
    08-08-2019 10:25 PM

I actually had a Galaxy when they had iris and front facing fps. I ended up using iris more because it was more comfortable than trying to twist my hand around to use the fps.

Front facing has always been an uncomfortable and unnatural placement for the fps.
    08-08-2019 11:27 PM
    I actually had a Galaxy when they had iris and front facing fps. I ended up using iris more because it was more comfortable than trying to twist my hand around to use the fps.

Front facing has always been an uncomfortable and unnatural placement for the fps.
    I think the N10+ has face recognition
    08-09-2019 02:05 AM
    Finally, I decided to do it.
    08-09-2019 03:07 AM
    I keep my phone in my left pants pocket, upside down, screen facing inward. When I reach for the phone, my left thumb can press the sensor before the phone even exits my pocket.

When I want to use the phone without removing it from its charging stand, it's similarly quick to use the fingerprint sensor. When I'm already holding the phone, I can use the thumb of my other hand, also quick and easy.
    08-09-2019 06:01 AM
89 1234