Who is planning to trade in for the Note 10?

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Plus/Pro but I'll sell my current Note 8 privately to get a better price than trade in, the Note 9 I'm getting delivered this week I'll keep as a spare phone when I do get the Note 10.
Then again, trade in are not offered much here anyway, neither are the good promotions, we get to pay full price though :-(

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm still on the fence about the Note 10, but if I do end up getting it it will be the 10+ for sure.
It's about time we had some sort of promotional gift over here as it's been a while, in fact it was the Note 8 when we had the DeX Dock.
I think this time they should give the option of wireless headphones (hate buds) because of getting rid of the headphone jack.

So for me I'll see what they announce on 7th August.

saffy77

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site
Even though I'm a member of Samsung's upgrade program, I've made the decision to stick with my Note 9 for another year.

The main reasons being that I don't want to feel that I have to choose the more expensive Note 10 Plus to avoid a reduction in battery capacity coming from the Note 9 (although I appreciate that the rumoured 1080p display on the regular Note 10 may help prolong battery life).

I also don't want to have to pay out loads to retain micro-sd storage capability either.

So these are my main reasons for staying with the Note 9. Oh, and the fact that my Note 9 is still working perfectly! And that it has a headphone jack too (I know, I know... I just find wired headphones too convenient!)

I no longer feel the urge to upgrade annually. And I have to say that it's a good urge to have, especially where my bank account is concerned. :) But I'm looking forward to the launch and upcoming Note 10 reviews. Once a geek, always a geek!

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Plus/Pro but I'll sell my current Note 8 privately to get a better price than trade in, the Note 9 I'm getting delivered this week I'll keep as a spare phone when I do get the Note 10.
Then again, trade in are not offered much here anyway, neither are the good promotions, we get to pay full price though :-(

When I went to upgrade to the Note 8, my N5 was paid off. Tmobile offered me less then what I could sell it for if I wanted. I kept it for backup and to play with if I need to while streaming to my TV from my phone.

I didn't pay off my N8, and haven't for my N9, so I'll just upgrade and give back the N9 to tmobile. That is if I choose the 10, which I'm sure I will.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I know the Note is all about the pen... but the Note 10 hasn't shown me anything exciting to get rid of my 8. But if having a pen is not that important and we're talking about basically getting the best flagship phone out (spec-wise)... after seeing this video and the insane specs, especially the 6000 mah battery with other flagship specs, I'd get the Asus Rog 2 phone to be a daily driver not caring about the game aspect of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3eFXeO62oo

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
They never offer fair market value for the trade of a newish flagship phone. Sometimes you can make out with an old piece of junk if it still works.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I know the Note is all about the pen... but the Note 10 hasn't shown me anything exciting to get rid of my 8. But if having a pen is not that important and we're talking about basically getting the best flagship phone out (spec-wise)... after seeing this video and the insane specs, especially the 6000 mah battery with other flagship specs, I'd get the Asus Rog 2 phone to be a daily driver not caring about the game aspect of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3eFXeO62oo

It weighs 248g. That is very heavy. Minus a case. The Note 9 weighs 201g.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm in. Whatever the base model of the + is.

Probably won't take 5G this time round. Especially if the 5G devices are locked like the S10 5G's are here.

Looking at other devices due around the same time. Don't think the OP7proT, Pixel4XL, Mate 30 pro et al will hold a candle to the Swiss army knife that is the note. Of course, won't know for sure until big DJ dances across the stage on the 7th.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Right now I'm thinking I'll keep my Note 9 another year. Based on the missing headphone jack and the lack of new features to get me excited. I'm too cheap to upgrade to wireless headphones. LOL

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
LOL I haven't been keeping up with the stuff lately I didn't realize there were two Note 10 versions. I am able to upgrade I may just be doing that but I want to see more info on then

svtcobra

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm a Samsung platinum member, and I don't get freebies or discounts! That's the point? Anyway, Note 10 5g for me. A little future proofing.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Since I use my line and my dad's line for my phone addiction I'm going to use my upgrade on my line for the note 10 plus and just keep the note 9. I normally like keep a backup phone just in case.

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm ready to get the 10+. Even with the fast 256gb (min) UFS 3.0 storage, I still want the MicroSD option. I would like a headphone jack but only as a backup option. Latest rumor is AKG earbuds that are USB-C & also a headphone jack dongle will be included.
If the Galaxy Fold had a bigger front facing screen, the best camera setup & didn't have that enormous bezel around the camera lens, I'd be getting that instead of N10+. Alas, the Fold should be better in the next generation.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes

I got the s10e so I don't need 2 phones. The note 9 street value is too low to sell so I can buy the 10 and make a profit from the 600 off on the note 9. Hoping it's under 1100 bucks, I know I can make a couple hundred profit if I do it this way rather than selling for 400 which is what people are offering me.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Nope, losing too much to consider moving to the N10.
-No LED notification icons
-No 3.5mm port
-No expandable memory (at least on the non-Pro)
-No Iris scanner
-No rear finger print reader, and not hearing good things about the in screen FPS

I'm not a gamer so I don't care about the slightly faster processor. And from what I've been reading, the 5G that is available now in these phones may not work well once 5G really rolls out and Qualcomm releases the X55 chipset, probably next year sometime. I'm looking forward to 5G, but believe any 5G phone w/o the X55 is going to disappoint.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. I actually have mentioned often I hate bigger phones and do not care for anything really larger than my Note 8 and it would be a pocketful!!

But if I was going to go for the phone with the best specs out there... 120hz panel with no notch or hole punch, dual front facing speakers, the CPU is overclocked(!), and the biggest battery out there in an attractive package. That's the phone to play with IMO. And I think it's priced less than the 10??

Yes heavier but a monstrous 6000 mah phone that doesnt look like a huge brick with the thickness of two phones. I am ok with the weight knowing its because of a 6000 mah battery.

It weighs 248g. That is very heavy. Minus a case. The Note 9 weighs 201g.