Rumors of samsung using google messages instead of its own

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Not really tried the Google messaging app but I do use the Samsung stock app, it would be a shame to lose it, I've got used to it over the last few years after using others because Samsung got rid of the personalised message tone to each contact, but they brought it back (in a fashion)

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I just switched to Google messages the other day because I bought a Chromebook (Asus C434) and to be able to use the text messaging from that I had to set Google messages as default, I'll try it for a while anyway

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I use the stock app and with my luck, this'll happen, I'll change to Google's and they'll drop it as they have other apps.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Lol, only went into Google sms messages to see if it had been upgraded to the RCS version. It had. I promptly ignored it and went back to using WhatsApp like the previous 5 years or so.

Can't believe people still use sms.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
SMS is the only messaging I use for work. Everyone has it, and it delivers messages. Don't really have time, or desire, to check what messaging app people may use. In my area, I have seen zero people using Whatsapp for work - and I communicate with tons of people all day long as a function of my job. For anything more than a short, basic message, it goes through email, which everyone also has and is pretty universally accepted as an official business communication. My wife and I use Telegram though. Some of my friends use FB Messenger. I have also seen some people use Whatsapp in social communication, but not that much. I wound up just deleting it from my phone.

Lol, only went into Google sms messages to see if it had been upgraded to the RCS version. It had. I promptly ignored it and went back to using WhatsApp like the previous 5 years or so.

Can't believe people still use sms.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I use SMS in between breaks at work because I turn off internet while I'm working, does my head in notification after notification while I'm working!

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. On my work devices it's email only. Even for the shortest of messages.

But I don't know anyone who doesn't use WhatsApp anymore. As sending pictures or videos via sms is just too expensive.
SMS is the only messaging I use for work. Everyone has it, and it delivers messages. Don't really have time, or desire, to check what messaging app people may use. In my area, I have seen zero people using Whatsapp for work - and I communicate with tons of people all day long as a function of my job. For anything more than a short, basic message, it goes through email, which everyone also has and is pretty universally accepted as an official business communication. My wife and I use Telegram though. Some of my friends use FB Messenger. I have also seen some people use Whatsapp in social communication, but not that much. I wound up just deleting it from my phone.

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Not really tried the Google messaging app but I do use the Samsung stock app, it would be a shame to lose it, I've got used to it over the last few years after using others because Samsung got rid of the personalised message tone to each contact, but they brought it back (in a fashion)

Well... THATS a matter of opinion. Most of my messages are group messages and it don't do a DANG thing for them!

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I like Textra best, but since neither the Google girl nor the Bixby girl will read SMS aloud from a third party app, I use the Samsung Messages app, because it has the pin to top option and Google's does not.
Why would Google leave this feature out of their SMS app? I bet Google doesn't even know.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I like Textra best, but since neither the Google girl nor the Bixby girl will read SMS aloud from a third party app, I use the Samsung Messages app, because it has the pin to top option and Google's does not.
Why would Google leave this feature out of their SMS app? I bet couldn't doesn't even know.
I do like Samsung message , never really gave Textra a fair try but they can't back up like Google message or Samsung? Using the standard back up from phone?

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I do like Samsung message , never really gave Textra a fair try but they can't back up like Google message or Samsung? Using the standard back up from phone?

I don't think so. I use SMS BACKUP & RESTORE for that. It backs up calls also, though I've not had any luck backing up both SMS & Calls in one file. I back them up separately and it works like a champ.
I used it often when I had 4 phones, but I haven't used it in a while because the Note 9 is my only daily driver. 😊

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't think so. I use SMS BACKUP & RESTORE for that. It backs up calls also, though I've not had any luck backing up both SMS & Calls in one file. I back them up separately and it works like a champ.
I used it often when I had 4 phones, but I haven't used it in a while because the Note 9 is my only daily driver.
You upgrading to Note 10?

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

I've no experience with this site, but the story is weak. By their own admission,
Although it has not been confirmed, a post on Reddit has brought this piece of information to light. The post comes from a user who calls himself a Samsung engineer. It has been mentioned that the company is considering ditching its messaging app for Android’s default Messages app. However, there has been no confirmation on the decision yet.
The article didn't explain how they came to the conclusion that the quoted poster is a developer.
I think the author of the article is jumping to a lot of conclusions.

Other than more characters, what are the benefits of RCS?

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Oh, here is the SMS backup app I was talking about. I forgot to add the screenshot in that previous post.

Attachments

• 17722.jpg
    17722.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey