Over the past week or so my battery life has plummeted. No change in usage, which is on the heavy side, but I've gone from having 20% left after 12-14 hours to it almost dying in around 8.

Any tricks to get the battery to recalibrate itself, or are others seeing a similar decline? This is what happened with my S8+ which prompted me to get the Note 9. I didn't plan on grabbing the Note 10, but this situation will force my hand. Approaching 1 year, battery shot?-screenshot_20190807-101937_settings.jpeg
    08-07-2019 11:19 AM
    If you're near a Samsung Repair, Ubreakit... get a new factory battery installed. I did with the Note 8 and Verizon split the cost with me, $50.00 my side, under extended warranty.
    08-07-2019 12:09 PM
    If you're near a Samsung Repair, Ubreakit... get a new factory battery installed. I did with the Note 8 and Verizon split the cost with me, $50.00 my side, under extended warranty.
    Thanks. I called the nearby UBREAKIFIX and they said the phone is still under warranty so they can swap the battery at no charge to me. Any idea why you got charged?
    08-07-2019 01:07 PM
    Thanks. I called the nearby UBREAKIFIX and they said the phone is still under warranty so they can swap the battery at no charge to me. Any idea why you got charged?
    I was under extended warranty, and the battery was not covered. That's what VZ, Samsung both said. At least VZ picked up half the cost. A month later, the Note 8 got corrupted by a major update, could not be repaired, and VZ gave me a Note 9 as a replacement rather than another Note 8. No extra charge! So in the end, major win! No complaints.
    08-07-2019 04:29 PM
    What did you tell them to get it fixed? Did they need proof?

Because I notice mine dies faster and gets much hotter than a few weeks ago. Had it since launch month.
    08-08-2019 12:29 AM
    Have you tried going into recovery and wiping the cache partition? And also going into the Device Maintenance and cleaning up background apps, storage and cache? Doing those things has always brought my Note's around when they start to use too much battery.

Facebook can be a real battery hog too. Might have been some update to that or another app that is the problem also. Even though your screen shot doesn't show a lot of FB usage, if it's spinning the background all the time, it can still be pulling your battery down faster.
    08-08-2019 08:04 AM
    Have you tried going into recovery and wiping the cache partition? And also going into the Device Maintenance and cleaning up background apps, storage and cache? Doing those things has always brought my Note's around when they start to use too much battery.

Facebook can be a real battery hog too. Might have been some update to that or another app that is the problem also. Even though your screen shot doesn't show a lot of FB usage, if it's spinning the background all the time, it can still be pulling your battery down faster.
    I've gone as far as factory reset. No social media apps. Still the same. I'm a really heavy user and the phone is pretty much on and used all day calls texts and gaming. This pretty much happens to all my phones which is why I swap every year lol
    08-08-2019 08:41 AM
    Over the past week or so my battery life has plummeted. No change in usage, which is on the heavy side, but I've gone from having 20% left after 12-14 hours to it almost dying in around 8.
    That's one of the causes right there - letting the battery drop to 20% regularly. Lithium ploymer batteries are not deep-discharge batteries. They last if you keep them between 40% and 98% - if you keep dropping the battery to 20%, it should last about a year. (If you keep dropping it to 8%, it won;t last even that long.) A deep-discharge battery for the Note 9 would weigh a few pounds (a sealed lead-acid battery).
    08-08-2019 01:20 PM
    What did you tell them to get it fixed? Did they need proof?

Because I notice mine dies faster and gets much hotter than a few weeks ago. Had it since launch month.
    Just told them the battery life tanked and that was enough. I'm assuming since they just bill Samsung that they aren't too picky.

The bad news is they replaced it at no charge to me...but somehow messed up the loudspeaker so I have to take it back to them to look at it.

They said a loudspeaker test is 1 of 70 tests required by Samsung and that it passed. So either they fudged it or something came loose after I left the store.
    erwaso likes this.
    08-08-2019 06:49 PM