In the past, if I needed to leave myself a reminder, it was much easier and faster to write myself a text, schedule it for when I needed and hit send. Hours, days, weeks later I'd get my message. Much easier than typing an entry in my calendar.
    Now here recently, I can't send to myself. I enter the message, hit send and nothing happens. The message appears to go out, but nothing happens. It used to work really good.
    Carrier AT&T, running CSGA, SM-960U, cleared cache, force stopped app, cleared app cache, tested in safe mode and rebooted multiple times.
    Any ideas?
    08-17-2019 08:08 PM
    Probably doesn't help you much, but just sent myself a txt to try it. It worked for me. I'm on VZW.
    08-17-2019 09:41 PM
    Well, did some experimenting. I'd been using the standard app, so I bit the bullet and tried Textra. I have no idea why, but Textra works and the default don't. So I guess I'll try Textra for a while and see how it works. I got some questions about some things that I need to figure out how they work.
    08-17-2019 10:24 PM
    The only difference I've experienced between the Samsung, Google and Textra SMS apps is that Google will no longer read SMS aloud from any app but Google. Bixby will read SMS aloud from the Samsung app and neither will read SMS aloud from Textra.
    Otherwise, all the seem to act the same, tho I've only tried to schedule an SMS to others, but myself?

Samsung does have the REMINDER app that works well for single use or repeating reminders.
    08-18-2019 02:30 PM
    This app,
    Attached Thumbnails Stupid texting question...-18733.jpg  
    08-18-2019 03:04 PM
    I appreciate it. I've thought about reminder apps, but self texting (use to) work really good and was simple and quick. That, and one less notification sound to keep up with. Textra has some nice features, but I'd rather use the stock texting app that existed BEFORE someone modified it out of existence. I want the version I had on my Note 5 under Oreo. But that's a whole other soap box to climb up on... LOL
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    08-18-2019 03:16 PM
    I appreciate it. I've thought about reminder apps, but self texting (use to) work really good and was simple and quick. That, and one less notification sound to keep up with. Textra has some nice features, but I'd rather use the stock texting app that existed BEFORE someone modified it out of existence. I want the version I had on my Note 5 under Oreo. But that's a whole other soap box to climb up on... LOL
    I still have scheduled text on my S9 (Pie, July update). Just write a text, hit the + button, then the tree dots on the far right. Schedule message is there.

Wait. NVM. I thought your problem was schedule.
    I tried sending myself a message and it still works.
    Brad Bilger likes this.
    08-19-2019 08:48 AM
    I still have scheduled text on my S9 (Pie, July update). Just write a text, hit the + button, then the tree dots on the far right. Schedule message is there.

Wait. NVM. I thought your problem was schedule.
    I tried sending myself a message and it still works.
    LOL.. not to worry. At least you caught it. Texting others it seems to be ok now. But with my history of messed up texts and not receiving them, I use texting my self as a quick test. I also use it as a quick and easy reminder system with scheduling. My complaint is that I seem to be losing more and more features and abilities with my standard sms program. What I am needing is something reliable. I was just wondering if I was the only one. This whole mess started when my messages were vanishing or not being sent and I found that I had a Message Center number entered that wasn't what AT&T stated was theirs. I changed it and my messages went from 50% working to 100%.
    So needless to say, I thought my problem had returned when none of my test texts to myself would work. It's not a system problem because since I switched to Textra, it's perfect again.

So far... LOL
    08-19-2019 11:24 AM