08-26-2019 04:41 PM
34 12
tools
    I've developed some pretty bed issues since I updated yesterday. I've notice the phone lagging horribly. I click on pretty much anything and it lags for several seconds before reacting. Also I've noticed no apps will install. This includes updates and new apps. It will download them, get to 100% and just sit there saying installing but never finish. I have cleared the device cache and the play store app cache as well. Didn't fix the issues. Anyone else having any problems since the update? I'm hoping to avoid the dreaded factory reset. Seems I always lose something when I do that.
    08-20-2019 09:11 AM
    Forgot to mention the horrible battery drain as well. Phone went from 100% down to 20% in 4 hours with little use.
    08-20-2019 09:12 AM
    Forgot to mention the horrible battery drain as well. Phone went from 100% down to 20% in 4 hours with little use.
    You could monitor it in safe mode , but I think factory reset probably going to do .
    08-20-2019 09:59 AM
    You could monitor it in safe mode , but I think factory reset probably going to do .
    I was afraid of that. I really hate factory resets. No matter how much I back up I always seem to lose stuff. Lol
    mustang7757 likes this.
    08-20-2019 10:47 AM
    This thing has been plugged into a wired quick charge for over 2 hours and has only gone up 50%. Something is definitely running wild on it. Shows only normal use on the battery page though.
    08-20-2019 10:50 AM
    Yeah something not right
    This thing has been plugged into a wired quick charge for over 2 hours and has only gone up 50%. Something is definitely running wild on it. Shows only normal use on the battery page though.
    08-20-2019 11:10 AM
    Absolutely... ZERO issues at all with the Note 9. Great phone and I absolutely love the 3.5mm Jack for my high end PS Audio Two Channel system with Paradigm Signature 8 Speakers and my Sony Pro Studio and Sennheiser WIRED Headphones. People try to compare a dongle with a phone jack and there is NO COMPARISON! Note 9... ROCKS!
    08-20-2019 04:13 PM
    I am assuming that the update you took was just a security update.
    If you haven't already performed the dreaded factory reset, I would clear data in the Google services app and Google play store app. Then, go into recovery and clear the system cache partition.
    It won't hurt anything and may just fix your issues.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    08-20-2019 08:44 PM
    I am assuming that the update you took was just a security update.
    If you haven't already performed the dreaded factory reset, I would clear data in the Google services app and Google play store app. Then, go into recovery and clear the system cache partition.
    It won't hurt anything and may just fix your issues.
    I'll give that a try now. Just got the email about your reply as I was doing my backups. Lol
    mustang7757 likes this.
    08-20-2019 08:54 PM
    I'm glad it isn't just me having these issues. I updated as well and the phone is getting really hot and lagging so much. I've also done the system wipes.. I really hope I don't have to factory reset the phone.
    08-21-2019 09:31 AM
    I'm glad it isn't just me having these issues. I updated as well and the phone is getting really hot and lagging so much. I've also done the system wipes.. I really hope I don't have to factory reset the phone.
    That sounds just like what's been happening to me. I haven't had the time to do factory reset yet and I'm really hoping I don't have to. Hate starting over.
    08-21-2019 09:35 AM
    are you guys Exynos or snapdragon?
    I have gotten august updates on both my Note 8 and Note 9 and neither have issues, both Exynos
    08-21-2019 09:49 AM
    I have gotten august updates on both my Note 8 and Note 9 and neither have issues, both Exynos
    Snapdragon here. US on AT&T.
    08-21-2019 09:55 AM
    I'm running the Exynos 9810. i did a factory reset last night and it has solved the lagging issues. I didn't want to do it but it was the last resort. Apps are now opening instantly and there is no lag when scrolling.
    08-22-2019 04:09 AM
    Same here, no issues since update. Exynos 128GB
    08-23-2019 09:31 AM
    This might be a little off topic, but I'm using Winamp on my new Note 9, but the background music won't pause automatically, like it did on my old Note 3, when I want to use voice texting or when other media plays, like YT videos or Instagram story videos. Instead, I have to manually stop Winamp. It's rather annoying. Is there a way I can enable automatic pausing and restarting?
    08-23-2019 10:14 AM
    I'm having the same PlayStore problems on a factory unlocked Note 9. The apps update to anywhere from 95 to 99% and stop. Nothing has helped. I've cleared the play services and store caches and data, cleared the phone cache through recovery...the battery is draining like nobody's business (this is a first since I've been going two days before having to charge) and it all just started in the past two and a half days. Short of a factory reset, I'd really like to know if there's a fix out there and what's causing it.
    08-23-2019 03:26 PM
    Do a hard reboot to stop all tasks. Hold down the volume down and power button until it shots off. This has fixed problems like this I've had in the past.

Also check Options/Device Care/Battery/Battery Usage to see what is draining it so fast.
    08-23-2019 03:56 PM
    I did the hard reboot, but the battery shows nothing out of the ordinary. This all started, the play store not finishing downloads and the battery drain in the last two days. There must have been a system update or security update that's causing this since there are so many others across Google, not just here, who are reporting this problem.
    08-23-2019 04:48 PM
    Do a hard reboot to stop all tasks. Hold down the volume down and power button until it shots off. This has fixed problems like this I've had in the past.

Also check Options/Device Care/Battery/Battery Usage to see what is draining it so fast.
    I like how the hard boot menu reads, use volume up and down to scroll and the LOWER LEFT KEY to select! 😁
    Even the phone doesn't want to say BIXBY BUTTON! 😀😂😂🤣🤣🤣
    kixfan likes this.
    08-23-2019 05:14 PM
    Hi,

I bought an open box Note 9 N960U1 from eBay, and I had it less than 2 weeks.

The past couple of days, I find that some parts of the screen, particularly to upper half, is not quite responsive to my touch when I try to push an icon.

I try to pressure push it, and nothing will happen. Unless I keep pushing the same spot, eventually the phone will think I'm multi-tapping the screen.

My phone is a Snapdragon and updated with the latest OS and patch.

Is this a common issue, or is my phone defective?

cd
    08-25-2019 12:14 AM
    Hi,

I bought an open box Note 9 N960U1 from eBay, and I had it less than 2 weeks.

The past couple of days, I find that some parts of the screen, particularly to upper half, is not quite responsive to my touch when I try to push an icon.

I try to pressure push it, and nothing will happen. Unless I keep pushing the same spot, eventually the phone will think I'm multi-tapping the screen.

My phone is a Snapdragon and updated with the latest OS and patch.

Is this a common issue, or is my phone defective?

cd
    Hi ,no this is not common.
    Do you have a glass screen protector on?
    08-25-2019 12:28 AM
    Nope.

I don't use a screen protector.
    08-25-2019 12:39 AM
    You can try to turn on screen sensitivity
    Nope.

I don't use a screen protector.
    08-25-2019 12:40 AM
    I did the hard reboot, but the battery shows nothing out of the ordinary. This all started, the play store not finishing downloads and the battery drain in the last two days. There must have been a system update or security update that's causing this since there are so many others across Google, not just here, who are reporting this problem.
    I ended up biting the bullet and did a factory reset last night. Took me awhile to get things back to where i had them but it seems to have worked. The lag is gone, the google play issues are gone, and the battery drain/slow charging issue is gone. Phone is back to it's former speedy self!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    08-26-2019 12:51 PM
34 12