Who still can't make up their mind... Note 10 or nah?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
No, I'm sure you're not. I was convinced I was going to stay on the N9 after the announce. But then the $800 deal from Best Buy for my N9 got me to place a pre-order for the N10+. But like you, I watched a ton of videos and read a bunch on the forums and finally decided there just was not much there there for me to justify getting rid of my N9. So I cancelled the order and put all of it behind me.

I'll take a look at the next generation. Gives the whole 5G thing more time to mature and not be an extra feature/charge.

Maybe turning 60 I've finally "matured" enough that I don't think I have to have the latest/greatest in technology...on second thought, nah. The Note 9 is just THAT good!

PinkLipstick

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Well, I gave in to temptation and went and picked up the Note 10+. I will keep my Note 9 as a backup. This will probably be my last phone for a good while.

silkyms3

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
For me N10+ was a downgrade, it's going back today and I'll stick with the N9.

The screen is bigger and less curved so that was nice, but it's doesn't display any more content than N9, everything is just zoomed in.

The fingerprint sensor is totally useless, hit rate is low and slow to home screen, no thanks. Rear fps is so much faster.

Signal is weaker than the N9, usb-c dongles that I tried for for my wired headphones made sound worse and/or volume really low. Included AKG buds were pretty decent, though.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Nah for me. My N9 is barely a year old and it has been absolutely phenomenal. staying with it like I did my Note Edge to the end.
Nothing wrong with last year's device unless you can score a home run trade in on some devices. Even then it's still debatable as to whether or not to swap out.

anon(10598448)

Apr 15, 2019
Visit site
I decided to order a Note 10+ today. It will be here tomorrow. I sold two XS Max in the last two weeks so I figured why not buy a Note 10 now.

I won't get rid of the Note 9 and I even still have my Note 8.

I always take a vacation Labor Day week and don't go back to work until the following Wednesday so I usually use that week to order that years Note. I ordered the 256GB and really, there's no reason to even need a SD card with that much space.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
it's not that I can't make up my mind, it just not the easiest thing to get a 512gb/5G version, Note 9 makes it easy for me to wait though.
Combination of Note 10 plus 5G and quite possibly a Book S as well when released will have me smiling I think (and that my tech budget gone for 2019 and 2020)

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I've decided that the Note 10+ isn't for me right now...

Only bought my Note 9 2 months ago and I'd only get the 10+ just because I like gadgets etc

It's not a justifiable upgrade for me currently; but may reconsider around Christmas or in to the New Year.

TBH I'd like to see what the Pixel 4 XL is like first as well.

For now; I love the Note 9 and it does everything I need it to do, very well indeed!

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
it's not that I can't make up my mind, it just not the easiest thing to get a 512gb/5G version, Note 9 makes it easy for me to wait though.
Combination of Note 10 plus 5G and quite possibly a Book S as well when released will have me smiling I think (and that my tech budget gone for 2019 and 2020)

Unless you have 5G in your area already, you're probably better off waiting for the next gen Qualcomm X55 5G chipset. Note 10 has the X50, which has limitations on 5G. I'd guess whatever replaces the Note 10 will have the X55, and maybe no surcharge for the 5G sticker. There is no 5G in my area and won't be for quite a while probably. So easy to wait that one out.

anon(10598448)

Apr 15, 2019
Visit site
True. Unless you shoot a lot of 4K video. I know I won't use all that space.

I really don't shoot video at all. If I did, I could always use my S10+, I have the 1TB model on that one.

I've pretty much retired my Note 9, I had to take the sim out of that one to put it my Note 10.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I really don't shoot video at all. If I did, I could always use my S10+, I have the 1TB model on that one.

I've pretty much retired my Note 9, I had to take the sim out of that one to put it my Note 10.

Sounds like you got some pretty good backup phones in the N9 and S10+ :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae