Who still can't make up their mind... Note 10 or nah?

anon(10598448)

Apr 15, 2019
Visit site
Sounds like you got some pretty good backup phones in the N9 and S10+ :)

I'm thinking the S10+ and the Note 10+ are the best phones Samsung has made to date. I'm not even considering the lack of a headset jack because I haven't used one on a Samsung phone maybe since the Note 4 days.

I'll definitely be keeping the Note 9 as a backup, the S10+ is still active with a sim in it.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking the S10+ and the Note 10+ are the best phones Samsung has made to date. I'm not even considering the lack of a headset jack because I haven't used one on a Samsung phone maybe since the Note 4 days.

I'll definitely be keeping the Note 9 as a backup, the S10+ is still active with a sim in it.

Nice!

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the 256GB and really, there's no reason to even need a SD card with that much space.
I understand that, but I still list an SD card as required. I drowned my N8 and it never booted again. So having all of my data and backups on an SD card was a Godsend to me for getting the warranty replacement N8 up and running quickly.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Unless you have 5G in your area already, you're probably better off waiting for the next gen Qualcomm X55 5G chipset. Note 10 has the X50, which has limitations on 5G. I'd guess whatever replaces the Note 10 will have the X55, and maybe no surcharge for the 5G sticker. There is no 5G in my area and won't be for quite a while probably. So easy to wait that one out.

My phone service provider/carrier just launched 5G and it is free with my phone plan and 5G antenna is just outside my window/front door, it's not that I really need it but more because I'm curious.
We have the sub6 not MMwave here which is supposed to be slower but more consistent from what I understand

anon(10598448)

Apr 15, 2019
Visit site
I understand that, but I still list an SD card as required. I drowned my N8 and it never booted again. So having all of my data and backups on an SD card was a Godsend to me for getting the warranty replacement N8 up and running quickly.

I ended up taking my SD card out of the Note 9 and putting it in my Note 10 because...

When I copied everything over from my Note 9 using Smart Switch. it copied over all my pictures and changed the dates of my pictures to yesterdays date because it copied them from the SD card to the Note 10s internal storage.

I put the SD card back in the phone, restored to factory and then copied everything over once more and this time, pictures that were already on the internal storage retained their correct dates and the pictures on the SD card were all what they should have been as well. No doubt that this was because it didn't have to copy the pictures from the card to the internal storage. Note sure why the pictures that were already on the internal storage had their dates changed as well the first time.

I had this same thing happen with my S10+ when I tried using Smart Switch without an SD in it.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Some people may need an sd card while some may not. I think on the 10+ it's one of those things that is better to have and not need than need and not have. That said, I still use an sd card.

ExpatTR

Jul 24, 2018
Visit site
Here in Turkey, Samsung and their distributor have made the choice for us.

The Note 9 is US$1,100

The Note 10+ is US$2,000

It's a no brainer. Neither.

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I've had my heart set on the Asus ROG 2 phone, was sure that's the next one. Then I realised that I use this Note 9 so much that i will miss a lot features, especially the pen. So I figured, ok, I'll go for the Note 10. But you know what? This Note 9 is such a good phone I'd be a bit stupid to upgrade to something that in some ways gives me less. So, as a poster said earlier, for the first time I'm going to stick with what i have and not upgrade the millisecond my contract allows it. I may cry but it's for the best.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Nah.
Me and my Oreo Note 9 are good.
I just got tempted and succumbed to an S10e venture. That was a no go, after only three days, but it showed me how happy I am with the Note 9, even if it is a heavy mofo.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Which battery last longer the note 9 or 10pro

After seven months with the Note 9, I'm still getting between 6 to 8.5 hours SOT, averaging well over 7 hours, depending on data and phone reception speed. PLUS, absolutely ZERO issues with the 9. No way I was going to the 10 or 10+. Also, my phone is all paid off and it only cost me $265.00 including the Note 8 that got updated under extended warranty. WINNING!

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
Last night at my daughters volleyball game they wanted music played through the gymnasium sound system.

The sound board had a 3.5mm headphone jack input and cable.

Everyone with their iPhones could not figure out what to do.

My trusty Note 9 was there to save the day, LOL :) I hooked it up and put on some spotify so they could play some music.

So nah, I'll keep my Note 9.

ExpatTR

Jul 24, 2018
Visit site
just get it on ebay instead

The Turkish government has seen fit to force anyone importing a phone to pay a $300 registration fee. Once the phone's been on a Turkish network for a few weeks yo either have to pay it or have a nice paperweight at your disposal.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
And if the battery starts to tank like mine did at the 1 year mark, you can take it to UBREAKIFIX and they can swap it for you in a couple hours at no charge, no questions asked (assuming you're in the States). My battery issue had me eyeing the Note 10+, but no need with the replacement battery. I'm going to have this phone a very long time lol.
After seven months with the Note 9, I'm still getting between 6 to 8.5 hours SOT, averaging well over 7 hours, depending on data and phone reception speed. PLUS, absolutely ZERO issues with the 9. No way I was going to the 10 or 10+. Also, my phone is all paid off and it only cost me $265.00 including the Note 8 that got updated under extended warranty. WINNING!

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
The Turkish government has seen fit to force anyone importing a phone to pay a $300 registration fee. Once the phone's been on a Turkish network for a few weeks yo either have to pay it or have a nice paperweight at your disposal.

Ouch that's harsh

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
And if the battery starts to tank like mine did at the 1 year mark, you can take it to UBREAKIFIX and they can swap it for you in a couple hours at no charge, no questions asked (assuming you're in the States). My battery issue had me eyeing the Note 10+, but no need with the replacement battery. I'm going to have this phone a very long time lol.

I did that with the Note 8 while under extended warranty. Verizon split the cost of the new battery with me. Then, a month later, the phone while running fine, got weirdly corrupted on an OS update and even ubreakifixit couldn't fix it in conjunction with Samsung techs. VZ stepped up and sent me a new Note 9 as a extended warranty replacement. That was cool of them. One more reason why I did not jump to 10+. The 9 is not that old and performing flawlessly.