Aug Update Broke USPS Tracking Text

MomoMilky

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
After the August update, I am no longer able to receive text from USPS for delivery updates and confirmations. Anyone have a fix for this? It was working fine before the stupid update.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's only USPS that doesn't seem to come through? What about other short code text messages (i.e., messages from 5 or 6 digit phone numbers)?

MomoMilky

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
It's only USPS that doesn't seem to come through? What about other short code text messages (i.e., messages from 5 or 6 digit phone numbers)?

Come to think of it, I didn't get a text from Amazon either when something shipped. So maybe those short hand numbers all got blocked? How do I get them unblocked? This is so stupid! It was working just fine!

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Come to think of it, I didn't get a text from Amazon either when something shipped. So maybe those short hand numbers all got blocked? How do I get them unblocked? This is so stupid! It was working just fine!

Try resetting your network connections. Settings > connections > more connection settings > reset network connections. (thank you Mustang 7757) I had problems after that same update. Reset all my connections and haven't had any problems. And I just tracked packages via Post office and from Amazon both by text.
The only drawback is you'll have to re synch all Bluetooth connections and re-enter all your WiFi passwords again.

MomoMilky

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Try resetting your network connections. Settings > connections > more connection settings > reset network connections. (thank you Mustang 7757) I had problems after that same update. Reset all my connections and haven't had any problems. And I just tracked packages via Post office and from Amazon both by text.
The only drawback is you'll have to re synch all Bluetooth connections and re-enter all your WiFi passwords again.

THANK YOU. I will give it a try and see if it works. I was SUPER frusterated that it would break something that always worked.

MomoMilky

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
IT WORKED!! Thank you SOOO MUCH! I really really appreciate your help! The people at ATT were NOT helpful at all and couldn't give a straight answer on how to fix. I would give you 10000+ hearts for this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech