Does anyone know of a way to save my SMS/MMS text messages to my SD card?
    08-22-2019 12:45 PM
    There are 3rd party apps that suggest they can do that. However, for MMS you usually require root (especially on Samsung devices).
    rdimedic likes this.
    08-22-2019 12:59 PM
    Does anyone know of a way to save my SMS/MMS text messages to my SD card?
    IDK if this app will work with MMS, for SMS and calls, it works like a cheap and is free, to boot!
    I suggest backing up calls and SMS separately. That works faster and more smoothly than batching them together.
    It's called SMS Backup & Restore.
    Attached Thumbnails Transferring Text Messages-18968.jpg  
    rdimedic likes this.
    08-22-2019 05:54 PM
    IDK if this app will work with MMS, for SMS and calls, it works like a cheap and is free, to boot!
    I suggest having up calls and SMS separately. That works faster and more smoothly than batching them together.
    It's called SMS Backup & Restore.
    It's a good app for SMS and calls, but it doesn't work for MMS. I used it before I switched to Verizon then I didn't have to worry about backing up with Messages+.

Just make sure you delete backups from time to time. It doesn't append to previous backups and keep one running file, it backs up every text, every time. I actually filled up my Google Drive with hundreds of full backups. Took me a while to get that cleared up lol.
    rdimedic likes this.
    08-22-2019 08:05 PM
    It's a good app for SMS and calls, but it doesn't work for MMS. I used it before I switched to Verizon then I didn't have to worry about backing up with Messages+.

Just make sure you delete backups from time to time. It doesn't append to previous backups and keep one running file, it backs up every text, every time. I actually filled up my Google Drive with hundreds of full backups. Took me a while to get that cleared up lol.
    I don't have auto backup enabled.

If Verizon's Message+ backs up MMS, why not do it with that app?
    You could restore the MMS back to the Verizon app as default and then change the default SMS app to whatever you like and the backed up MMS should cross over.
    rdimedic likes this.
    08-23-2019 11:34 AM
    I don't have auto backup enabled.

If Verizon's Message+ backs up MMS, why not do it with that app?
    You could restore the MMS back to the Verizon app as default and then change the default SMS app to whatever you like and the backed up MMS should cross over.
    I don't use the phone's native app at all. What I meant was I don't do any manual back ups or use SMS backup anymore because I use Verizon Messages+ and it effectively backs up everything for me since it syncs across devices.

Messages+ only syncs for 90 days so I suppose it's technically just redundancy since it's not permanent. So after 90 days, you will lose any "back ups," SMS or MMS. If there are any messages that are that important or photos or whatever that I really want to keep it's easy enough to just download them somewhere permanent.

I used to obsess over saving all of my texts (I have texts that are a decade old) , but because of the limits of SMS and MMS, 90% of my messaging is through an online platform like Messenger or Hangouts where everything is stored forever for you.
    08-27-2019 05:45 AM