Note 9 won't update??

cdragonm

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Samsung is completely useless in this, I have a SM-N9600 Note 9 that has never been updated/can't be updated. All I keep hearing is carrier this carrier that but I am using a straight talk sim and this phone as far as I know is unlocked and not tied to a specific carrier (the straight talk service I AM using uses ATT towers) I upgraded from an s7 Edge (G-935f) and it updated with no issues. This Note 9 I get nothing. I don't get it. I want android 9! lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Samsung is completely useless in this, I have a SM-N9600 Note 9 that has never been updated/can't be updated. All I keep hearing is carrier this carrier that but I am using a straight talk sim and this phone as far as I know is unlocked and not tied to a specific carrier (the straight talk service I AM using uses ATT towers) I upgraded from an s7 Edge (G-935f) and it updated with no issues. This Note 9 I get nothing. I don't get it. I want android 9! lol
You know how to use Odin?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you already tried using Smart Switch to update, or does that also tell you it's up to date?

Also, has the phone ever been rooted?

zergLink

Sep 23, 2019
Visit site
Hello, I'm a little bit desperate over here, I'm trying to update my Note 9, it would never update by itself, Smart Switch never worked, the changing date trick didn't as well. I don't know how to use Odin, so I found in one of your treads the option of using firmware.science to update patch by patch, the device was running on N960USQS1ARI5, according to that site the next version would be the N960USQU1ARI9, I downloaded it to my sd card and updated the phone, no problem with that.

After that I tried to install the next version, which would be the N960USQU1ARJ2, but couldn't find the proper file to download. I just cannot find any record of the N960USQU1ARI9 on the whole Internet, like at all, zero mention of it anywhere, so I cannot find any kind of patch to move up from there. I tried using patches parting from N960USQS1ARI5 to ARJ2 and ARJ7 to no avail. I already tried to factory reset the device, but it stays on the current N960USQU1ARI9. Any help you could offer?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello, I'm a little bit desperate over here, I'm trying to update my Note 9, it would never update by itself, Smart Switch never worked, the changing date trick didn't as well. I don't know how to use Odin, so I found in one of your treads the option of using firmware.science to update patch by patch, the device was running on N960USQS1ARI5, according to that site the next version would be the N960USQU1ARI9, I downloaded it to my sd card and updated the phone, no problem with that.

After that I tried to install the next version, which would be the N960USQU1ARJ2, but couldn't find the proper file to download. I just cannot find any record of the N960USQU1ARI9 on the whole Internet, like at all, zero mention of it anywhere, so I cannot find any kind of patch to move up from there. I tried using patches parting from N960USQS1ARI5 to ARJ2 and ARJ7 to no avail. I already tried to factory reset the device, but it stays on the current N960USQU1ARI9. Any help you could offer?
I will try look over the sd card updates , see what's available but Odin is so much easier, if you watch a few you tube video on your version all it takes is download Odin , the file and extract it and load them in 4 slots and done ...

zergLink

Sep 23, 2019
Visit site
I'd really appreciate that, what I'm doubting about Odin is the fact that I don't know if it would mess with the security capabilities of Knox or stuff like that. What really bugs me is the fact that this so called N960USQU1ARI9 patch is nowhere to be found, any mention at all, as if it didn't exist. For reference, this is the thread I got the firmware.science idea from: https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-9/940571-t-note-9-not-updating-3.html

Thank you in advance for any help!!!

zergLink

Sep 23, 2019
Visit site
I'm already checking the Odin option, will it work with any previous firmware? as I mentioned before, the current firmware of the device is N960USQU1ARI9, and I still can't find any trace of it anywhere, info or whatsoever. Will I kill my phone if I try to use Odin like that?

cdragonm

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'd really appreciate that, what I'm doubting about Odin is the fact that I don't know if it would mess with the security capabilities of Knox or stuff like that. What really bugs me is the fact that this so called N960USQU1ARI9 patch is nowhere to be found, any mention at all, as if it didn't exist. For reference, this is the thread I got the firmware.science idea from: https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-9/940571-t-note-9-not-updating-3.html

Thank you in advance for any help!!!

Why are you worried about knox? What is Knox and what does that have to do with getting updates?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm already checking the Odin option, will it work with any previous firmware? as I mentioned before, the current firmware of the device is N960USQU1ARI9, and I still can't find any trace of it anywhere, info or whatsoever. Will I kill my phone if I try to use Odin like that?
No...its safe and if you dont use the correct files it will abort

zergLink

Sep 23, 2019
Visit site
Update: I ditched the previous link, I'm going all in with the links provided by Ruben around here, right now I'm downloading

"If you Odin to latest Android Pie 1CSD1 April patch
This one https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...89523397944212

And also need this Odin3_v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...45805528067949 and only add BL, AP, CP, CSC , put HOME_CSC in slot CSC not CSC.TAR it will update your phone with no data wipe will just upgrade to latest Android Pie."

Found on this thread: https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...-note-9-sd-card-sideloads-firmware-how-2.html

Any advice from here?

It's my first time flashing and I'm kind of terrified, in any case I'd like to say thank you for the support you offer around here, ATT and Samsung could definitely learn a thing or two from you!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks