My Note 9 battery life isn't what it used to be and is starting to get a little slower, so I did a factory reset this morning. I did a backup of absolutely everything using Smart Switch, and I had automatic backups to Google enabled. I did the factory reset and loaded the restore file from my SD card. It restored my downloaded apps and wallpaper, but that was it. All of the phone settings are gone, such as sound and keyboard preferences. And none of the sign in information for my apps is available. I thought that when I opened an app, it would remember my sign in information, but there is nothing. Did I do something wrong? Or is this not possible?

When I set up the phone after the reset, there was an option to use a recovery file from Google, but I chose not to because I thought the Smart Switch backup would have everything I needed. Now I can't find that Google restore option. Is there a way to restore that Google backup now? When I go to my accounts in the settings menu and choose my Google account, under App Passwords, it says there are none.
    09-23-2019 01:00 PM
    My Note 9 battery life isn't what it used to be and is starting to get a little slower, so I did a factory reset this morning. I did a backup of absolutely everything using Smart Switch, and I had automatic backups to Google enabled. I did the factory reset and loaded the restore file from my SD card. It restored my downloaded apps and wallpaper, but that was it. All of the phone settings are gone, such as sound and keyboard preferences. And none of the sign in information for my apps is available. I thought that when I opened an app, it would remember my sign in information, but there is nothing. Did I do something wrong? Or is this not possible?

When I set up the phone after the reset, there was an option to use a recovery file from Google, but I chose not to because I thought the Smart Switch backup would have everything I needed. Now I can't find that Google restore option. Is there a way to restore that Google backup now? When I go to my accounts in the settings menu and choose my Google account, under App Passwords, it says there are none.
    Go under account and back up , choose restore Samsung from drop menu
    09-23-2019 01:03 PM
    I don't see that option. I have Back Up My Data, which is checked, Backup Account which is my Google Account, and Automatic Restore which is enabled.

My text messages and call history was restored though. Just not my phone settings and app data.
    09-23-2019 01:07 PM
    Do another factory reset, and choose Google restore this time.
    09-23-2019 01:11 PM
    I don't see that option. I have Back Up My Data, which is checked, Backup Account which is my Google Account, and Automatic Restore which is enabled.
    Ok so when you account and back up >back up and restore>restore data , tap this symbol for the menu of previous back up
    09-23-2019 01:11 PM
    I'm sorry, I don't see that option either. This is what I have
    Attached Thumbnails How To Recover App Data After Factory Reset?-screenshot_20190923-132059_gallery.jpg  
    09-23-2019 01:21 PM
    You on Verizon ?
    I'm sorry, I don't see that option either. This is what I have
    09-23-2019 01:29 PM
    Yes, I'm on Verizon
    09-23-2019 01:30 PM
    Yes, I'm on Verizon
    Lol I can tell by that 4g symbol
    They do things differently that's why u don't have that , maybe wait until a member chimes in with Verizon model .. they pull stuff out
    09-23-2019 01:32 PM
    Thanks for the help. I have automatic restore enabled, but that doesn't seem to be working. Also, when I open my Google Drive app, I can see my backup file and it lists the app data.
    09-23-2019 01:47 PM