Note 9 screen issue

Mattdels

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I bought a Galaxy Note 9 (128gb Verizon Model) just under a month ago, and yesterday I noticed a ghost like image on my home screen. It's really noticeable when I use the dark mode, and in my apps drawer. I attached a photo of the image I'm seeing on my screen (the vertical box with circles). I was reading a bit online that this is a screen uniformity problem?

Attachments

• Note 9 screen.jpg
    Note 9 screen.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 60

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I bought a Galaxy Note 9 (128gb Verizon Model) just under a month ago, and yesterday I noticed a ghost like image on my home screen. It's really noticeable when I use the dark mode, and in my apps drawer. I attached a photo of the image I'm seeing on my screen (the vertical box with circles). I was reading a bit online that this is a screen uniformity problem?
Hi, do you still have warranty left , I would contact Samsung

Mattdels

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi, do you still have warranty left , I would contact Samsung

Yes I just purchased the phone merely a month ago. I contacted Samsung and they recommended me to take it to a ubreakifix location. Although I'm a bit hesitant to, as I read this problem came back after others had it repaired. So I'm wondering if maybe there is another solution or if this image will disappear on its own.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes I just purchased the phone merely a month ago. I contacted Samsung and they recommended me to take it to a ubreakifix location. Although I'm a bit hesitant to, as I read this problem came back after others had it repaired. So I'm wondering if maybe there is another solution or if this image will disappear on its own.
Take to Samsung experience store if you have one close by or mail it to Samsung direct , but Ifixit is certified by Samsung for repair

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It looks like screen burn-in. The shapes in a grid pattern look like they could be from app icons. I'm not sure why the elongated vertical rectangle shape is there, but if your wallpaper as a somewhat bright shape like that, that would explain it.

Mattdels

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
It looks like screen burn-in. The shapes in a grid pattern look like they could be from app icons. I'm not sure why the elongated vertical rectangle shape is there, but if your wallpaper as a somewhat bright shape like that, that would explain it.

No that is not my wallpaper. I was just using that color so you can clearly see the shape I'm seeing. I use the Samsung stock wallpaper (Ocean Blue infinity one). I use adaptive brightness, it never stays above 50% brightness. I don't see how this can be screen burn in that quickly, as I just bought the phone a month ago.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

It's not burn in. I had the exact same thing a few months back. No screens I used ever looked like that. I dropped my phone 3 days before I noticed this. I wonder if it happened because of the drop but ended up with a warranty replacement

Attachments

• 7770.jpg
    7770.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 43

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There must be something specific about that pattern. Maybe that's what some underlying component looks like?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

They told me the same thing but I opted to get a warranty replacement through my Verizon insurance. I dropped my phone 3 days before I noticed this. I still don't know if it was the drop or just a defect on the screen that showed up but you can see in my attachment it's exactly the same. With mine the pattern kept getting brighter every few days. Odd right?

Attachments

• 7770.jpg
    7770.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 38

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
They told me the same thing but I opted to get a warranty replacement through my Verizon insurance. I dropped my phone 3 days before I noticed this. I still don't know if it was the drop or just a defect on the screen that showed up but you can see in my attachment it's exactly the same. With mine the pattern kept getting brighter every few days. Odd right?
I remember your issue

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yep at the time I didn't associate it with the drop because, no cracked screen and everything worked fine but after I thought about it...I really wonder if dropping it didn't do something?
I mean anything possible, but should be able take little bit of a drop.

Mattdels

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Yep at the time I didn't associate it with the drop because, no cracked screen and everything worked fine but after I thought about it...I really wonder if dropping it didn't do something?

I highly doubt dropping it had anything to cause this pattern. I've never dropped mine. I will have to contact Verizon, although I purchased it through Best Buy. Of course it's already past their 14 day return policy. Hope I can get a brand new one to replace this one.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I highly doubt dropping it had anything to cause this pattern. I've never dropped mine. I will have to contact Verizon, although I purchased it through Best Buy. Of course it's already passed their 14 day return policy. Hope I can get a brand new one to replace this one.
Main thing is don't use your insurance, use the manufacturer warranty, use your insurance for accident you did .

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I highly doubt dropping it had anything to cause this pattern. I've never dropped mine. I will have to contact Verizon, although I purchased it through Best Buy. Of course it's already past their 14 day return policy. Hope I can get a brand new one to replace this one.

Did you get a replacement? I had to get a refurb. Verizon refused to send a new one since phone was just about a year old. Thankfully no screen issues on replacement yet. Btw ive seen a few posts on reddit about this same issue. Not very widespread but it does happen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad