Improved Battery life after the update?

TheWounded

Nov 27, 2018
Visit site
September or October update.,also Snapdragon or Exynos version... Unlocked or carrier version?
September update for my Exynos version absolutely destroyed battery life.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That depends on which Google update it was (which you can't tell by the Samsung update date). Google did make some kernel changes to improve battery life - Samsung may have incorporated that.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
September or October update.,also Snapdragon or Exynos version... Unlocked or carrier version?
September update for my Exynos version absolutely destroyed battery life.

I didn't download the August patch. September was fine for me. I just installed the October patch 3 hours ago. Delayed doing so for about 4 days but didn't see any negative reports concerning it online. Unlocked Exynos version. I wonder why there's so much variability in people's experiences after installing updates. ☹️🤔🤨😠

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
No difference in the previous updates, including this past week's on VZ. Averaging 7-8 hours SOT after ten months. So far, very satisfied!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Usage pattern, mainly, I think. If an update changes a process an app you use a lot to use a lot less battery, it's going to look like the phone suddenly got better with the battery. If nothing you run uses that process, you don't see a difference. If another process, that you do use a lot, had things added and it uses a lot mote battery, you see a decrease in battery life and blame it on the update.