No voicemail notifications

ilgal

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi, all. Note 9 on Android 9 (Pie) on Verizon - U. S. user.

When I receive voicemail, I do not get any notification (badge; icon in notification bar). All I get is a "missed call" badge on the phone icon. Googling doesn't get me to my specific phone/carrier combination for solutions.

Under Phone > Settings > Notifications, I have:

Notification Style - Sound and popup (on)
Vibrate: On
Blink light: On
App icon badges: On
Lock screen: Show content (on)
Ignore Do Not Disturb: (on)

I have Do Not Disturb enabled for all but my contacts.

I have missed many voice mails (from contacts and non-contacts both) because of no notifier. Help!

ilgal

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
OMG! I finally found the solution.

I had to go into my actual Plan through verizonwireless and turn ON the feature to both block Visual Voice Mail and Premium Visual Voicemail. As soon as I did this, my badges and notifications started showing up.

Here's how:

Log into verizonwireless on your PC (can probably do on your phone as well, but I did mine on the PC)
Select the phone to change
Choose My Plan
Choose "Blocks"
Expand "Block Services"
Expand "Purchases"
Turn ON Block Visual Voice Mail
Turn ON Block Premium Visual Voice Mail

All badges working correctly now. The kids at the Verizon Store in the mall didn't know how to do this, either. It was a poster to the VW forums who came up with the solution.

Hope this helps someone else!

cscott44

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Why would I want to block visual voice mail. This appears to be counterintuitive. Please advise.
OMG! I finally found the solution.

I had to go into my actual Plan through verizonwireless and turn ON the feature to both block Visual Voice Mail and Premium Visual Voicemail. As soon as I did this, my badges and notifications started showing up.

Here's how:

Log into verizonwireless on your PC (can probably do on your phone as well, but I did mine on the PC)
Select the phone to change
Choose My Plan
Choose "Blocks"
Expand "Block Services"
Expand "Purchases"
Turn ON Block Visual Voice Mail
Turn ON Block Premium Visual Voice Mail

All badges working correctly now. The kids at the Verizon Store in the mall didn't know how to do this, either. It was a poster to the VW forums who came up with the solution.

Hope this helps someone else!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463