Samsung Members app Community feed fail

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
This has been going on for a few days, on both my Note 9 and S9.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I had a couple posts removed for posting the link to a Phone Arena web page, listing One UI version 2 update dates.
If I got kicked off for that, would Samsung have notified me? Screenshot_20200106-093741_Samsung%20Members.jpeg

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You wouldn't get kicked off.

Either the site was modified a little (and very badly) or the update has a bug. Give it a few days and see if it clears up.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I contacted Samsung, via the chat function, in the Members app, to let them know about the failure of the loading of the Community Forum.
Naturally, they respond like its something on my end. Well, I think we can safely say that it is not on my end.
They had me uninstall /reinstall the app on both the Note 9 and S9. I said "I cleared so data, isn't that the same thing?" They said, "yes, but sometimes blah, blah, blah..." Whatever, so to humor them I did. I rebooted the S9 in between. No joy.
I then got kicked up to the next level support. That gal had me clear the phone cache partician. No joy.
I then installed the Members app on the wife's Note 9. No joy.
She gave up and recommended chronicling my experience, by selecting the plus sign, then feedback, in the Members app, but I couldn't do that, either.
I'm guessing it's a regional or Verizon failure, but pretty comfortable that it's not me or my equipment.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I contacted Samsung, via the chat function, in the Members app, to let them know about the failure of the loading of the Community Forum.
Naturally, they respond like its something on my end. Well, I think we can safely say that it is not on my end.
They had me uninstall /reinstall the app on both the Note 9 and S9. I said "I cleared so data, isn't that the same thing?" They said, "yes, but sometimes blah, blah, blah..." Whatever, so to humor them I did. I rebooted the S9 in between. No joy.
I then got kicked up to the next level support. That gal had me clear the phone cache partician. No joy.
I then installed the Members app on the wife's Note 9. No joy.
She gave up and recommended chronicling my experience, by selecting the plus sign, then feedback, in the Members app, but I couldn't do that, either.
I'm guessing it's a regional or Verizon failure, but pretty comfortable that it's not me or my equipment.
Probably a bug .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hahaha just messing see if any updates or can uninstall it and try different version from apk mirror just write down your current version you dont download same one lol

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I think I've found the issue, but this doesn't explain why my wife's Members app doesn't load the community.
When I select the account head on the first screen, and enter my user name and password, I get the second and I have tried clearing the cookies. Screenshot_20200108-225032_Samsung%20Internet.jpegScreenshot_20200109-070052_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Never seen that before
Well, I kinda got it figured out.
I've been at home, every time I tried the Members app or on a web page.
I turned off wifi and got in using cellular.
I could see the list threads on the app and web page. I couldn't select and open a thread on the app. I couldn't log in on a browser. If I tried I got the second screenshot from my post above.
Samsung blocked my ip address or my orbi router (with its stupid "protection" service, that once you try it, you can never get out of it, even with a factory reset) blocked samsung?

I just tried to login using Chrome browser on my laptop and got the same web page, stating "this page isn't working. too many redirects"

Maybe it's all Samsung, but it's the same wifi, so never mind...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well, I kinda got it figured out.
I've been at home, every time I tried the Members app or on a web page.
I turned off wifi and got in using cellular.
I could see the list threads on the app and web page. I couldn't select and open a thread on the app. I couldn't log in on a browser. If I tried I got the second screenshot from my post above.
Samsung blocked my ip address or my orbi router (with its stupid "protection" service, that once you try it, you can never get out of it, even with a factory reset) blocked samsung?

I just tried to login using Chrome browser on my laptop and got the same web page, stating "this page isn't working. too many redirects"

Maybe it's all Samsung, but it's the same wifi, so never mind...
Do you use a VPN ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad