Note 9 users what is your next phone upgrade plan

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I get my phone's through Verizon & 2020 is my upgrade year. I'll definitely be moving on. I love my phone, but I get bored. I'm gonna try to wait till Thanksgiving sales. This year the new S10s & Notes came with a $400 gift card. I think that's worth the 3 month wait. I can't go sub-par after having a Samsung. But if Apple comes through & revolutionizes things (I know, they promise it every year.) I could be persuaded to switch. I need my S-pen, so the iPhone will have to be pencil compatible. Even then...

Catherine Ramsumer

Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
Hell Yes!!! I intend keeping my Note 9 until I'm due for an upgrade in the second half of 2021.
Even then, I'm going to upgrade to another Note (I love my S pen)
Someone in my family is going to get super lucky and extremely happy because I intend handing my note 9 down after I upgrade.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hell Yes!!! I intend keeping my Note 9 until I'm due for an upgrade in the second half of 2021.
Even then, I'm going to upgrade to another Note (I love my S pen)
Someone in my family is going to get super lucky and extremely happy because I intend handing my note 9 down after I upgrade.
Hi, welcome to the forums!
Note9 is a very good phone no doubt.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Well, I had planned on getting one from ifixit, but it would seem that the Note 9 battery is not as readily available as the S9.
I found a couple other sources.
Thanks, for getting me to look!
That damn led notification indicator is the bomb. Cannot believe alot of makers stoped this .

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the note 20, if that's what the name will be for the one launching in the fall? I usually get the latest and greatest every 11-12 months but this is the first phone I'm keeping for 2yrs since the note 2. I really don't have any complaints with the note 9, It's almost perfect. That and the fact that I'm not seeing anything qualifying as must haves or true innovation for me on new phones anymore.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Maybe the note 20, if that's what the name will be for the one launching in the fall? I usually get the latest and greatest every 11-12 months but this is the first phone I'm keeping for 2yrs since the note 2. I really don't have any complaints with the note 9, It's almost perfect. That and the fact that I'm not seeing anything qualifying as must haves or true innovation for me on new phones anymore.
Note 9 is as perfect as any phone has been the last few years. I agree. It's the jack of all trades.

bonedatt

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I went back to using my Note 4 after what happened with the Note 7. Saw the Note 10 and Note 10+ launch and wasn't impressed. Bought the Note9 later on. I think I'll hang on to this for a while. If I need a new battery, I'll get one put in from UBreakIfix. It's a Note we're talking about after all and I have one of the best in the Note9. The experience from previous Notes are very similar. What could they possibly change significantly in 2020, 2021 or 2022? Cameras? New Snapdragon SoC? Maybe if they brought back the IR blaster, UV sensor, iris scanner, 4k display, 5000mAh battery, and put in a hi-fi quad DAC in the headphone jack in future releases. Maybe, just maybe I may upgrade sooner.

Bildriver

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
The LED was a thing for me. But my brother went NOTE 10 PLUS and found an app with the an LED that works great. So it is not a deal breaker any more.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I just got the Note 9 recently due to a decent deal. Ideally, if it lasts, I would like to keep the device at least two years. Other than that, I think I will try to stick with the Note line in the future. I refuse to use a device that has an in screen finger print reader though, so we shall see. But, that might be done in two years. Not a fan of that and have found that it just makes finding a screen protector and case complicated. It was so nice buying a case for my Note 9 that I didn't have to worry about that BS and has a built in screen protector. Much more ideal IMO.

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I will have to see the final specifications on the S20. I love the Note 9 But I never ever use the stylus...

If the specs are good and 5G is anywhere I go, the ultra model should be the right choice.

R

Stadifer

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I was considering picking up a Note 9 via Swappa in the "mint" condition range which is currently running around $450-$500 and then using that for 2 years. I know Android 10 & One UI 2 are the end of the road for the Note 9 and OS upgrades. But, I believe Samsung will continue security updates for 3 years for their flagship devices.

If so, in theory, if I got a Note 9 next month it should have almost 2 years of life left in it including security updates. Then just move up a generation and ride that curve.

Now that we aren't seeing quantum leaps in hardware specs/performance there is less reason to upgrade to the latest and greatest outside of the end of security updates for the device or noticeable Android rot/battery life degradation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463