Note 9 users what is your next phone upgrade plan

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Right now have the Note 8 and Note 9 active on 2 phone lines. Note 8 is due for upgrade in April. I'm waiting to see how good the camera is in the S20 before I decide. I might get a Note 10+ as I've owned every Note, may get the S20, or could wait for the next Note.

I'm in not rush to upgrade, have no actual need to, I just love tech.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I've carried Asurion Extended Warranty through Verizon for many years and it has paid for itself with replacement phones. Know what? Phones are getting much better and I've gone a full year with nothing done to my Note 9. Amazing, eh? And I'm a very heavy user, business. When I need a new battery, I'll go to Ubreakitifixit, talk to Verizon, and see if they'll step up and maybe split the cost. Who knows, they might. Anyway, Note 9 is still rocking big time. And guess what again? Haven't even received Android 10 yet! From what I hear, that's OK. There are some major issues with the update! Android 9 has been rock solid. I don't need any issues from a new update! I'm sure neither do you.

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
My next phone upgrade will not be a Samsung product. Not because I dont like Samsung but because there are too many really good options for phones with amazing specs and half the price.
No more spending 800+ on phones for me.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I've carried Asurion Extended Warranty through Verizon for many years and it has paid for itself with replacement phones. Know what? Phones are getting much better and I've gone a full year with nothing done to my Note 9. Amazing, eh? And I'm a very heavy user, business. When I need a new battery, I'll go to Ubreakitifixit, talk to Verizon, and see if they'll step up and maybe split the cost. Who knows, they might. Anyway, Note 9 is still rocking big time. And guess what again? Haven't even received Android 10 yet! From what I hear, that's OK. There are some major issues with the update! Android 9 has been rock solid. I don't need any issues from a new update! I'm sure neither do you.

I've had the Android 10 update for 48 hours. Only cleared the cache partition afterwards. Decided to wait and see whether a factory reset would be necessary. So far I've no complaints whatsoever. Exynos unlocked version. West Africa.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I've had the Android 10 update for 48 hours. Only cleared the cache partition afterwards. Decided to wait and see whether a factory reset would be necessary. So far I've no complaints whatsoever. Exynos unlocked version. West Africa.

Good for you after 48 hours! Hope you have no problems.

Tigrisan

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the 8/512 as well, though the unlocked version. I'll keep it until it's absolutely dead. I love it, it's working great, I can't afford $1000 every year or two and frankly, I don't like the 'no buttons' thing. I have a wish list for someday when I replace this one, but right now, I don't see that in the foreseeable future.

Silvio Britto

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
I saw the Note10 launch and... got myself a Note 9. In many ways it's the last true Note.

And I'll only expect to buy a new smartphone in 2021, maybe even 2022. To me appears to be the perfect smartphone.

The Spen adds a of convenience when it's needed. When it's not, it completely disappear inside the Note. So no disadvantages.

The only thing I miss now in 2020 is a ultra wide camera.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I saw the Note10 launch and... got myself a Note 9. In many ways it's the last true Note.

And I'll only expect to buy a new smartphone in 2021, maybe even 2022. To me appears to be the perfect smartphone.

The Spen adds a of convenience when it's needed. When it's not, it completely disappear inside the Note. So no disadvantages.

The only thing I miss now in 2020 is a ultra wide camera.
I don't use the S-Pen a ton, but miss it, when I'm driving my S9 around. Without it, there is no way, that I've found, to select and copy text from stuff like pictures.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I bought an unlocked 8/512gb Note 9 and used it for only 6-7 weeks before getting the Note 10 plus 5G
It was a bit stupid buying the 9 when I knew I would not be able to resist the 10+ anyway but it is a nice backup phone to have

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance