I use talk to text all the time. Now all of a sudden it's just putting in periods in the middle of my sentences. Usually I would have to say to add one now It's just putting them wherever.

I had to remove three or four of them from what I just posted above. Is anyone else having any issues I've already restarted my phone? Thanks.
    02-04-2020 05:17 PM
    You using Google or Samsung talk to text ?
    02-04-2020 06:53 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem! I have tried restarting and then going to keyboard settings and general settings and nothing fixes this problem! Hope a solution is found quickly... I am using google voice to text, but I have also tried using Samsung and Swiftkey. When using either of those two it automatically switches me back to google voice to text when I touch the mic key...
    02-05-2020 09:36 AM
    Uninstall the update to Google app
    02-05-2020 10:22 AM
    How do I uninstall just the latest update? The only option it gives me is to uninstall updates back to factory version?
    02-05-2020 10:32 AM
    Long press the Google app ,tap info then top right corner tap 3 dots and uninstall the update
    02-05-2020 10:34 AM
    I tried that but I couldn't get to a place that would let me delete just the last update. My only option was to force stop the app or delete all updates to factory. My phone is a note 9.
    02-05-2020 12:09 PM
    I tried that but I couldn't get to a place that would let me delete just the last update. My only option was to force stop the app or delete all updates to factory. My phone is a note 9.
    My screenshot:Sudden issues with talk to text-20200205_132944.jpeg
    02-05-2020 12:30 PM
    Okay, so yes, you want to delete all updates on the Google app. But you also need to go to the play store and turn off auto updates. I skipped that step yesterday and now the Almighty Goog has restored the update and taken away my option to delete the updates.

I'm highly peeved and looking for alternatives to using the Google speech to text engine. So far I haven't had any luck. Any ideas?
    02-06-2020 09:00 AM
    Okay, so yes, you want to delete all updates on the Google app. But you also need to go to the play store and turn off auto updates. I skipped that step yesterday and now the Almighty Goog has restored the update and taken away my option to delete the updates.

I'm highly peeved and looking for alternatives to using the Google speech to text engine. So far I haven't had any luck. Any ideas?
    Hi, welcome !
    Not aware of alternatives to Google text to speech.
    02-06-2020 09:05 AM
    Thanks mustang. My settings button returned and I was able to revert to the factory version.

I was completely unsuccessful in finding an alternative. Typically, I have only a slight bit of cynicism, conspiracy theorist, paranoia in regard to being monitored by technology, but with Android, there are so many 3rd party applications for so many things. I can't help but think they don't allow competitive STT engines because Google doesn't want to lose out on the info that is collected.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    02-07-2020 08:06 AM
    Thanks mustang. My settings button returned and I was able to revert to the factory version.

I was completely unsuccessful in finding an alternative. Typically, I have only a slight bit of cynicism, conspiracy theorist, paranoia in regard to being monitored by technology, but with Android, there are so many 3rd party applications for so many things. I can't help but think they don't allow competitive STT engines because Google doesn't want to lose out on the info that is collected.
    Your welcome!

Yeah you might be right about Google, didn't see any alternatives.
    02-07-2020 08:23 AM
    Oh, that's weird. I didn't get any notifications that anyone had replied. Sorry!

So did the suggestion someone posted did it work? Oh wow now it's putting in "?" before I even say to and in the middle of sentences. Then I have to go back and change the capital letters that it leaves afterwards. What a pain in the you-know-what.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    02-07-2020 08:57 AM
    So were you having the same problem with punctuation just going into the middle of sentences? Were you successful on having it stop? Thanks.

02-07-2020 08:59 AM
    Weird so far today out of the blue my talk-to-text seems to be working correctly. I did look at my updates and it seems SwiftKey did an update less than an hour ago but I've been using my phone for about 3 hours with no issues. Not sure if it's Google or a SwiftKey that is activating my talk-to-text. It looked like both of them were marked for usage. I'm just so glad it's back working correctly! I have not received any updates on security patches still on December 1st and have not received Android 10.
    02-18-2020 11:24 AM