New android 10 update sucks.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why the phone itself, and smart switch say that there is no upgrade, and yet samfirm says there is. I've never worked with Odin, and i don't feel comfortable working with it now. If the ota upgrade is supposed to come from Tmo, then i'll go there and let them try it. If they brick it, then i get a new phone. Sorry.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't understand why the phone itself, and smart switch say that there is no upgrade, and yet samfirm says there is. I've never worked with Odin, and i don't feel comfortable working with it now. If the ota upgrade is supposed to come from Tmo, then i'll go there and let them try it. If they brick it, then i get a new phone. Sorry.
Sure you can take it to tmobile wont do anything for you , Samsung will ask to go ubreakifix to flash or send it in to them . Just offer another suggestion instead if going around in hoops with Samsung and carrier . Also make sure not using VPN.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have another option, and I'm going with it. I'll keep android 9 until I get the ota for android 10. I don't want to chance bricking the phone. After all, it's a Samsung, not a Pixel.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have another option, and I'm going with it. I'll keep android 9 until I get the ota for android 10. I don't want to chance bricking the phone. After all, it's a Samsung, not a Pixel.
You wont brick your phone , your only flashing stock Samsung firmware , not rooting . Be same thing if send to Samsung what they would do or best buy, even ureakitifix. But cool and understand it's not for everyone .

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
I'm running on Pie on a Note 10+ on a AT&T variant with PD MDM (package blocker) loaded.
I like over lays and the ones I use like Double Tap use no data ie not malware. Q would destroy my user experience.
I see no reason to degrade except global dark mode.
Use the factory load of Gmail because google lastest version sucks; no dark mode there though.

What's worse is Q puts a much greater burden on the system because of it's goofed up file sharing security for 3rd party app like office apps. Never had to hard wipe a Android in over 5 years due to a virus or trojan; it was secure enough if you know what you're doing. More useful google junk to waste the battery.

Try clearing the data on the offending app if nothing else works. Try disabling google AR, that was a huge issue on my load.
Clear system cache and check all buried power/battery settings.
Turn off run in background to Android services and keep it off. It resets at reboot.
Disable apps and bloatware that don't serve you especially any provider added power management apps.
Use Galaxy Labs Battery Gaurd and Battery Tracker to help ferret out offenders.
Try Safe mode see if it's a buggy 3rd party apk causing the drain.
Good luck.

I have a S-4 Active still running happily on KitKat... no issues.

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Q on my Note 10+? No way.
The new Android Vista.
It has nothing I need and kills overlay apks which I use like and wuv like Double Tap.
Runs the OS harder too with it's new lame Apple like security permissions on apks that need access to user stored data.

Another Samsung trick although this may not apply in your case is to jam a new OS version in a device that has borderline resources to run it.
New phone time; win-win for Samsung.
Saw that on my AT&T S4 active, in that case they deliberately changed the line grid to a useless grid layout for phone contacts and music albums rendering it useless. However on a new Edge at the time running on Marshmallow had the line pattern!!! At&t and Samsung are partnered, joined at the hip.
They -really- want you to buy a new phone. Be very careful with OS updates nearing the 2 year mark!!!

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Note 10 will have no issues running Q the specs on this phone easily handle next couple Android versions if it were allowed

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
Well I can tell you that after this update I am pretty much done with Samsung.

Ever since my Note 9 has been on Android 10 Android Auto messaging has been broken.
I can recieve and listen to messages but not respond. I always get a "this internet connection is not stable right now".

I've exhausted myself on Google forums, Samsung forums, app resets, cache clearing, evena full device reset.

It seems to be a known issue with Samsung UI 2.0 and they have done nothing to fix it.

Going on 2+ months now of not being able to use this and I've had it.

So Samsung is pretty much guaranteeing that I wont ever buy another one of their phones. Shame because I've been buying their phones exclusively for years now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool