New android 10 update sucks.

68bowtie

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Now that my note has updated to android 10 I hate it. Battery life is terrible, hate the factory battery usage graph, and hate that goodlock doesn't work yet so we can change the navigation bar.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
In the past after a major update I have had to do a complete data wipe and set phone up again from scratch. If I run into a lot of problems that is the last resort. The thing is I want to wait until all my apps have a chance to update.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I was feeling the same as you until they updated Good Lock. Task Changer and QuickStar are my favorite aspects of Good Lock and they are both updated so I'm happy again. I was getting severe lag when switching apps ever since 10 update. Good Lock solved this. Hopefully they will update Navstar for you soon.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I am about to start screaming at this piece of **** update. I can't get my smartwatch to work now. Play Store acts very strange.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I am about to start screaming at this piece of **** update. I can't get my smartwatch to work now. Play Store acts very strange.
And here I thought I might finally upgrade from 8.1 to Android 10.
Between this and the S9 guys having GPS issues, I don't know.
It seems like the guys having GPS issues have not performed a factory reset.
It makes me wonder how many of the reported One UI version 2 bugs would be fixed by the dreaded factory reset...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
And here I thought I might finally upgrade from 8.1 to Android 10.
Between this and the S9 guys having GPS issues, I don't know.
It seems like the guys having GPS issues have not performed a factory reset.
It makes me wonder how many of the reported One UI version 2 bugs would be fixed by the dreaded factory reset...
Good question, I'm hoping it's just a factory reset.

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Yeah from restore up and running 20 minutes

For me it was even easier than that. I got the download about 5 days ago, (AT&T, North Texas) Installed it, rebooted it, cleared the Cache partition, looked at the screen and saw a couple of my icons were missing. Went to the app drawer, moved them back to the desktop and that was about all I had to do to it. Runs great. Didn't even have to do a reset this time. I use Nova prime and my desktop is identical to what I had before. All the features are underneath it.
Not a single complaint on my end.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
For me it was even easier than that. I got the download about 5 days ago, (AT&T, North Texas) Installed it, rebooted it, cleared the Cache partition, looked at the screen and saw a couple of my icons were missing. Went to the app drawer, moved them back to the desktop and that was about all I had to do to it. Runs great. Didn't even have to do a reset this time. I use Nova prime and my desktop is identical to what I had before. All the features are underneath it.
Not a single complaint on my end.
That's great
Make sure you back up Nova also to Google drive

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
LOL.. everytime I change something...
A wise man once told me something long ago...

"There are two kinds of people in this world that work with computers. There are those that have lost their data, and those who haven't lost it yet.. " I have crossed that line too many times...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
LOL.. everytime I change something...
A wise man once told me something long ago...

"There are two kinds of people in this world that work with computers. There are those that have lost their data, and those who haven't lost it yet.. " I have crossed that line too many times...
I like that wise man

Elliejk

Mar 4, 2020
Visit site
S10e full of glitches, Gmail delete all spam & trash option gone. All processes lag! This is a crappy update! Gray box appears onscreen after nearly every process lingering 30 seconds before fading away, blocking view.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
In the past after a major update I have had to do a complete data wipe and set phone up again from scratch. If I run into a lot of problems that is the last resort. The thing is I want to wait until all my apps have a chance to update.
I'm lucky, been using Android since 2011, I've never done a factory reset after a software update.
The phones I had since than: Motorola Photon
Samsung GS4, GS5, GS6 edge, GS7 edge, Note 8 and Note 9.
Last big update was Android 10 on my Note 9 yesterday morning, it looks and feels about the same as before. I'll know more about the battery after a week or so.