05-26-2020 05:40 PM
89 123 ...
tools
    Now that my note has updated to android 10 I hate it. Battery life is terrible, hate the factory battery usage graph, and hate that goodlock doesn't work yet so we can change the navigation bar.
    02-07-2020 01:05 PM
    Goodlock was updated a few days ago. You could also try clearing system cache, it's useful after an update
    OJsakila likes this.
    02-07-2020 01:23 PM
    Navstar still hasn't been updated
    AirMech74 and tube517 like this.
    02-07-2020 02:02 PM
    In the past after a major update I have had to do a complete data wipe and set phone up again from scratch. If I run into a lot of problems that is the last resort. The thing is I want to wait until all my apps have a chance to update.
    Gray Area likes this.
    02-07-2020 02:39 PM
    I was feeling the same as you until they updated Good Lock. Task Changer and QuickStar are my favorite aspects of Good Lock and they are both updated so I'm happy again. I was getting severe lag when switching apps ever since 10 update. Good Lock solved this. Hopefully they will update Navstar for you soon.
    gendo667 likes this.
    02-08-2020 09:23 AM
    I am about to start screaming at this piece of **** update. I can't get my smartwatch to work now. Play Store acts very strange.
    02-09-2020 04:09 AM
    I am about to start screaming at this piece of **** update. I can't get my smartwatch to work now. Play Store acts very strange.
    And here I thought I might finally upgrade from 8.1 to Android 10.
    Between this and the S9 guys having GPS issues, I don't know.
    It seems like the guys having GPS issues have not performed a factory reset.
    It makes me wonder how many of the reported One UI version 2 bugs would be fixed by the dreaded factory reset...
    mustang7757 and Nostromo79 like this.
    02-09-2020 09:49 PM
    And here I thought I might finally upgrade from 8.1 to Android 10.
    Between this and the S9 guys having GPS issues, I don't know.
    It seems like the guys having GPS issues have not performed a factory reset.
    It makes me wonder how many of the reported One UI version 2 bugs would be fixed by the dreaded factory reset...
    Good question, I'm hoping it's just a factory reset.
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    02-09-2020 09:51 PM
    Good question, I'm hoping it's just a factory reset.
    Once upon a time, it was standard practice, after an OS update and it's even easier, now, with the backup and restore support available.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    02-09-2020 10:36 PM
    Once upon a time, it was standard practice, after an OS update and it's even easier, now, with the backup and restore support available.
    Yeah from restore up and running 20 minutes
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    02-09-2020 10:43 PM
    Yeah from restore up and running 20 minutes
    For me it was even easier than that. I got the download about 5 days ago, (AT&T, North Texas) Installed it, rebooted it, cleared the Cache partition, looked at the screen and saw a couple of my icons were missing. Went to the app drawer, moved them back to the desktop and that was about all I had to do to it. Runs great. Didn't even have to do a reset this time. I use Nova prime and my desktop is identical to what I had before. All the features are underneath it.
    Not a single complaint on my end.
    02-12-2020 05:27 PM
    For me it was even easier than that. I got the download about 5 days ago, (AT&T, North Texas) Installed it, rebooted it, cleared the Cache partition, looked at the screen and saw a couple of my icons were missing. Went to the app drawer, moved them back to the desktop and that was about all I had to do to it. Runs great. Didn't even have to do a reset this time. I use Nova prime and my desktop is identical to what I had before. All the features are underneath it.
    Not a single complaint on my end.
    That's great
    Make sure you back up Nova also to Google drive
    02-12-2020 05:58 PM
    LOL.. everytime I change something...
    A wise man once told me something long ago...

"There are two kinds of people in this world that work with computers. There are those that have lost their data, and those who haven't lost it yet.. " I have crossed that line too many times...
    02-12-2020 06:10 PM
    LOL.. everytime I change something...
    A wise man once told me something long ago...

"There are two kinds of people in this world that work with computers. There are those that have lost their data, and those who haven't lost it yet.. " I have crossed that line too many times...
    I like that wise man
    02-12-2020 06:12 PM
    S10e full of glitches, Gmail delete all spam & trash option gone. All processes lag! This is a crappy update!
    03-04-2020 08:23 AM
    S10e full of glitches, Gmail delete all spam & trash option gone. All processes lag! This is a crappy update! Gray box appears onscreen after nearly every process lingering 30 seconds before fading away, blocking view.
    ansa82 likes this.
    03-04-2020 08:26 AM
    Navstar still hasn't been updated
    This is what I'm waiting for.
    03-04-2020 08:26 AM
    In the past after a major update I have had to do a complete data wipe and set phone up again from scratch. If I run into a lot of problems that is the last resort. The thing is I want to wait until all my apps have a chance to update.
    I'm lucky, been using Android since 2011, I've never done a factory reset after a software update.
    The phones I had since than: Motorola Photon
    Samsung GS4, GS5, GS6 edge, GS7 edge, Note 8 and Note 9.
    Last big update was Android 10 on my Note 9 yesterday morning, it looks and feels about the same as before. I'll know more about the battery after a week or so.
    03-04-2020 08:46 AM
    I honestly liked Android 9 very much. No problems there at all. One of the best updates ever!
    03-04-2020 10:42 AM
    How do I see how long my phones been off the charger with the new battery graph?
    03-04-2020 08:17 PM
    Rough guestimate, Settings > Device Care > Click Battery > Click Battery Usage >Graph appears with roughly the time at which you pulled it off charge. Not the most accurate, but will give you a pretty good idea.
    03-06-2020 12:37 PM
    My Note 9 used to last all day without a charge. Since the update to Android 10 the past two weeks battery life gets worse every day. today I was at 30% by noon charged to 85% was back to 35% by 5pm and recharged to full 100%. at 11pm back to 20%. checking the meter the Google Play Services indicate it is the number one App using battery. I don't even play games but you cannot disable this or put it to sleep when not in use. 25% or greater each tonne I check it. Seems to be a bug in this service causing a leak.
    03-07-2020 10:18 PM
    My Note 9 used to last all day without a charge. Since the update to Android 10 the past two weeks battery life gets worse every day. today I was at 30% by noon charged to 85% was back to 35% by 5pm and recharged to full 100%. at 11pm back to 20%. checking the meter the Google Play Services indicate it is the number one App using battery. I don't even play games but you cannot disable this or put it to sleep when not in use. 25% or greater each tonne I check it. Seems to be a bug in this service causing a leak.
    That's not normal, you might have one or more rogue apps. Even though I've never needed a factory reset after a big software update, I would definitely do it if I had the same battery issues you're having right now.
    If you're planning to go ahead with the factory reset, remember to back up everything on your phone before.
    Hopefully that'll fix your phone, let us know what you decide to do and what happens.
    03-08-2020 10:01 AM
    That's not normal, you might have one or more rogue apps. Even though I've never needed a factory reset after a big software update, I would definitely do it if I had the same battery issues you're having right now.
    If you're planning to go ahead with the factory reset, remember to back up everything on your phone before.
    Hopefully that'll fix your phone, let us know what you decide to do and what happens.
    Thank you for the suggestion and quick response. I may try a factory reset. One question on that, if I do reset, will it bring it back to the current level of Android (10) or will that have to be reapplied as well? I will also search here for step by step instructions on backup and full recovery. My data is fully backed up each day as I mirror that to Onedrive so not concerned about data, just app settings and installed Apps that take lots of time to restore.

Also the company I work for I have apps for work installed and managed through a Company portal vs the Play Store, so what happens to those? I have many of those installed and presume I would have to individually manage that outside of Google Backup.

And one other thing is that I do run Beta apps. I may disable those for a while to see of they are causing the problems, but again are for work apps.
    03-08-2020 10:13 AM
    as an update to my post, it seems that due to my travel to an area with limited wifi and 4G network that had very limited strength that perhaps that was causing the drain. I know that if wifi is on and the phone is not connecting it keeps looking for a wifi signal. Turning wifi off, therefore has provided much better battery life. that was the only real change I made. now that I am on wifi solidly, back at my home network, I have wifi turned back on and at 830pm I still have 40% battery after having the phone on all day. Most of the day was driving, but with wifi off, and using Google Maps for the first hour of the day, and my other notifications still coming in like email, apps, txt, battery life is good.
    Other changes I did was to look through the top 10 apps that were indicating high battery use and set them to Put App to Sleep when. ot in use. so perhaps that and turning wifi off made the difference. I will monitor over the next few days to see if that makes an ongoing difference.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    03-09-2020 07:49 PM
89 123 ...