February 2020 Update Download Error

Noted Nine

May 23, 2019
Visit site
Been on Android 10 since January, but after that rather prompt major version update, didn't get any further/ security updates, although I checked regularly. Listed I was still on the December patch, but apparently up to date.
Fast forward to yesterday, checked again, and finally saw the February patch was available (which curiously obviously bypasses January), but promptly tried downloading.
Many many times. No luck.
Keep getting the same error message.
Never had this issue before, and rather frustratingly, I can't seem to find a fix online.

Anyone else faced this problem, or know a fix?
A solution would be greatly appreciated.

My phone: Dual Sim Free, Exynos, 128/ 6 GB

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200222-032013_Software update.jpg
    Screenshot_20200222-032013_Software update.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20200222-032025_Software update.jpg
    Screenshot_20200222-032025_Software update.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Noted Nine

May 23, 2019
Visit site
I downloaded this same security patch 3 days ago. Same dual SIM, Exynos 128 GB ROM and 6 GB RAM phone. Absolutely no problems.

Great. For you I mean.
Obviously, wanted help as that hasn't been my experience, and thought I'd get feedback on what I might try to sort it out, without the stress of physically heading to Samsung.
But as I said, great news your update got through okay,.
In truth, still reading through your post trying to identify the part which offers help with this. Though, as it seems we are in the same region with identically speced devices, probably safe to say the problem is with my device. Maybe you thought knowing that much, 'helps'?
Makes me feel all gooey and warm inside.
Thanks anyway.

Last edited:

v65rider

Aug 26, 2018
Visit site
Great. For you I mean.
Obviously, wanted help as that hasn't been my experience, and thought I'd get feedback on what I might try to sort it out, without the stress of physically heading to Samsung.
But as I said, great news your update got through okay,.
In truth, still reading through your post trying to identify the part which offers help with this. Though, as it seems we are in the same region with identically speced devices, probably safe to say the problem is with my device. Maybe you thought knowing that much, 'helps'?
Makes me feel all gooey and warm inside.
Thanks anyway.
Nice condescending attitude. I too had no issues downloading and installing the February security patch, however my phone is not a dual SIM but it is the unlocked Samsung 512gb Note 9.

Since it appears you want to be spoon fed, Google yields many instances of other folks with this similar problem. Despite this one solution being for the S9, it appears the solution should work for any Samsung phone.

https://thedroidguy.com/how-to-fix-...update-to-latest-software-version-1097987/amp

You're welcome.

Noted Nine

May 23, 2019
Visit site
Quick update: Issue resolved

Called regional Samsung customer service centre and a soft reset was suggested.
Once done, gremlin banished, update came through and installed properly. All's good.
Hopefully THIS is of actual help to anyone who might have similar issues on their device.

Noted Nine

May 23, 2019
Visit site
Nice condescending attitude. I too had no issues downloading and installing the February security patch, however my phone is not a dual SIM but it is the unlocked Samsung 512gb Note 9.

Since it appears you want to be spoon fed, Google yields many instances of other folks with this similar problem. Despite this one solution being for the S9, it appears the solution should work for any Samsung phone.

https://thedroidguy.com/how-to-fix-...update-to-latest-software-version-1097987/amp

You're welcome.

LOL.
Spoon fed?
Seriously?

My apparently "condescending attitude" comes from the fact that the post I replied to had nothing to do with actually offering any help.
If you bothered to read my original post, that's all I was looking for.
Quite obviously if I could see the update was available, but could do nothing to download it, then the issue was clearly frustrating.
And really, Google?
Never heard of the thing. You ask for a lift, and ten cabs arrive all at once.
Who'd have thought one could have looked that up first, before coming to a forum, where Note 9 owners usually provide help and suggestions to each other without being accused of being spoon fed. Go figure!
I would ask you to weigh your presumptions before making them.
Thank you for the spoon anyway.
As I've already stated, I've already been 'fed' by Samsung.
Note to self: Forums not for help, er sorry, spoon feeding.

Last edited:

v65rider

Aug 26, 2018
Visit site
Whatever. Had you bothered to read the info in the link I "helpfully" posted, you would've seen this. What a concept. And you still needed to contact Samsung? Guess our word isn't good enough for you. I'll be sure to ignore any future posts from you.
b09b4a6f29edd3d6c715024bbd91e67c.jpg

Noted Nine

May 23, 2019
Visit site
Whatever. Had you bothered to read the info in the link I "helpfully" posted, you would've seen this. What a concept. And you still needed to contact Samsung? Guess our word isn't good enough for you. I'll be sure to ignore any future posts from you.
b09b4a6f29edd3d6c715024bbd91e67c.jpg

We're already in "whatever" territory?
Tut tut.
Careful now, we don't want to turn all condescending now, do we?

Had YOU bothered to read, you'll realise I had already gotten help from Samsung, BEFORE you 'offered' your wee bit of patronising 'help'.
Unlike you, I have no problems reviewing things before going off on them, and yes, yet again, I thank you for at least trying to be helpful. This I mean sincerely.

Just the rest which came with it, that leaves a bit of an aftertaste...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2