can't get Google into dark mode

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
So at one time a few months back I tried and tried to put Google into dark mode. Even though I have my note 9 theme in dark mode, I couldn't get Google feed into dark. So randomly about 2 months ago I woke up, looked at my phone and magically Google was in dark mode. I was in disbelief, no idea how that happened. It lasted a while and all of a sudden about a week ago it went back to all white? Wth?! Ive tried everything. Nothing has changed. Why would it randomly change like that?? So frustrating. It's just that I have time now that I'm stuck at home, I'm trying to figure this out

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Open your Google app, tap More at the lower right, then Settings>General>Theme, and adjust it there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You already scrolled down to look for more options?

Also, which version of the Google app do you have? I'm on 11.2.7.21

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
You already scrolled down to look for more options?

Also, which version of the Google app do you have? I'm on 11.2.7.21

yep ive looked all the way down. Now on chrome I found a dark theme setting and that's been checked on forever but everything is still all white. I don't see any Google updates on play store

Attachments

• 10411.jpg
    10411.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 32

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I know it's not just a Pixel thing, because I can turn on Dark Theme on my Lenovo Tab 4 8. I am using the Beta version of the Google app, so maybe that's the difference. You could try changing to the Beta version by going to the Google app's Play Store page, scrolling down, and seeing if you can join the Beta program there.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, I know it's not just a Pixel thing, because I can turn on Dark Theme on my Lenovo Tab 4 8. I am using the Beta version of the Google app, so maybe that's the difference. You could try changing to the Beta version by going to the Google app's Play Store page, scrolling down, and seeing if you can join the Beta program there.

The dark mode setting is in my Google app as well. I had no idea it was even there so thanks for pointing that out! My app version is the same as yours so maybe it is a beta feature. Not sure why the op's was dark and then reverted to white though.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
yep ive looked all the way down. Now on chrome I found a dark theme setting and that's been checked on forever but everything is still all white. I don't see any Google updates on play store

I'm on exactly the same version(11.1.9.21.arm64). It doesn't have any "theme" option provided. I checked Google Play Store and the Google app under the phone settings. Updated haven't been disabled and none is pending.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm on exactly the same version(11.1.9.21.arm64). It doesn't have any "theme" option provided. I checked Google Play Store and the Google app under the phone settings. Updated haven't been disabled and none is pending.

Crazy that I had dark mode for several weeks and then it disappeared

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

I downloaded the beta version and there's no dark mode on there either. Bummer

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
so I applied to be a beta tester, was immediately accepted and downloaded the beta which has dark mode!! so now I have it!! so if anyone wants it, get into beta testing

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
so I applied to be a beta tester, was immediately accepted and downloaded the beta which has dark mode!! so now I have it!! so if anyone wants it, get into beta testing

Oh good! I thought you mentioned before that you tried the beta version and it wasn't there.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh good! I thought you mentioned before that you tried the beta version and it wasn't there.

Yeah earlier I just downloaded something called Google beta from the play store and clearly that wasn't it. I had to apply, be accepted and then an update was immediately available for me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay