Galaxy Note9, how to check if it is unlocked

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Good morning, I have a ATT Galaxy Note9 that I no longer need, and was thinking of selling on Swappa. I sent to ATT for unlock code which I received, but the instructions said to insert non-ATT sim and it would come up with a box to put in the unlock code. I did not have a sim from another carrier. I found instructions in a ATT forum to dial a certain number and a unlock box would come up, enter the code and it says unlock successful. I did this and I did get the unlock successful message.

My question, is there a way to actually check it is unlocked without putting another SIM in it? I know there are IMEI checkers online but none show if it is locked or not.

Last edited:

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
What about splash screen?
It is my understanding that the unlocked phones do not show the carrier splash screen on startup.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What about splash screen?
It is my understanding that the unlocked phones do not show the carrier splash screen on startup.
That's only unlocks versions
Sim unlocked carrier will always show a carrier splash screen and change once another network provider sim is in it .

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
That's only unlocks versions
Sim unlocked carrier will always show a carrier splash screen and change once another network provider sim is in it .
Ah... I see the OP is taking about the kind of unlocked one gets on a carrier phone after it is paid for.
Thank you, for confirming my assumption, but sorry for not applying my comments to the OP!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800