Note 9 gets One UI 2.1 update.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Odin flashes all Samsung phones
I didn't make myself clear. Will the operating system posted above work with my unlocked Verizon phone or will there be a different version of 2.1 for Verizon. I know Odin works with all Samsung phones but I also know what happens when you flash incompatible software.

I already installed my June patch from VZW but it doesn't include the update to 2.1, only the security update.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I didn't make myself clear. Will the operating system posted above work with my unlocked Verizon phone or will there be a different version of 2.1 for Verizon. I know Odin works with all Samsung phones but I also know what happens when you flash incompatible software.

I already installed my June patch from VZW but it doesn't include the update to 2.1, only the security update.
No that's the carrier version, unlocked you can download samfirm tool or frija and open it and put your model number see if it's available and download it and use Odin

j21jam6

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Nice , let us know what you think!

Enjoying the additions to the camera app. The general performance is faster and my battery life improved by an hour of SOT after the very first cycle of charging. That's sure to improve further. I was pleasantly surprised to get two updates in the same month from T-Mobile.

On a side note my Android Central app crashes when I try to open it. It's been happening since Thursday of last week. I've done all the usual remedies to no avail. I know you're the man with All the answers. I could use your help. Thanks!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Enjoying the additions to the camera app. The general performance is faster and my battery life improved by an hour of SOT after the very first cycle of charging. That's sure to improve further. I was pleasantly surprised to get two updates in the same month from T-Mobile.

On a side note my Android Central app crashes when I try to open it. It's been happening since Thursday of last week. I've done all the usual remedies to no avail. I know you're the man with All the answers. I could use your help. Thanks!

Laugh_6b.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Thats good to hear , Note 9 is a beast .
Its a known issue with the AC app and looks like its been fixed .

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=1004609

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Tmobile Note 9 Locked
Downloading OTA update now
Little over 1 GB

June 2020 Security patch included

Last edited:

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Oh my gosh came here to see if anybody else had received the June patch update from T-Mobile. I had just received a patch update a few weeks ago after having none for a few months. This update took forever! But I looked and it does have the UI 2.1. Haven't explored it yet I jumped on here first.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh my gosh came here to see if anybody else had received the June patch update from T-Mobile. I had just received a patch update a few weeks ago after having none for a few months. This update took forever! But I looked and it does have the UI 2.1. Haven't explored it yet I jumped on here first.
You should see some new toggles in your notifications panel and camera improvements

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Okay thanks I haven't really had a chance to check out what the changes are just yet. I really hate what they did to the camera on one of the last updates I wish they had left it alone it's hard to find what I need now. Hopefully with the changes its back to being more useful for me LOL. What other major changes are there that I should look for? Thanks
You should see some new toggles in your notifications panel and camera improvements

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Okay thanks I haven't really had a chance to check out what the changes are just yet. I really hate what they did to the camera on one of the last updates I wish they had left it alone it's hard to find what I need now. Hopefully with the changes its back to being more useful for me LOL. What other major changes are there that I should look for? Thanks
This video here shows what different things came along with One UI 2.1

https://youtu.be/HK9ncH2gY28

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Thats good to hear , Note 9 is a beast .
Its a known issue with the AC app and looks like its been fixed .

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=1004609

How many versions of that app are out there? I've been using the one that everyone else seems to use until it started crashing badly. Uninstalled, cleared cache partition, rebooted, reinstalled, crashed. Uninstalled again. Then found a different version (?) Runs the same, looks totally different. Still says AC forums across the top though.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
How many versions of that app are out there? I've been using the one that everyone else seems to use until it started crashing badly. Uninstalled, cleared cache partition, rebooted, reinstalled, crashed. Uninstalled again. Then found a different version (?) Runs the same, looks totally different. Still says AC forums across the top though.
They have AC forum app ,AC app then web browser, tap talk which is like the forums app.