Note 9 gets One UI 2.1 update.

Medevac1

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
I hope it has better implementation than the A10 One U.I. and subsequent updates. The boards have been lit up with complaints of green screens, misbehaving apps, shortened battery life, etc. I postponed the upgrade until the bugs get sorted out.

Naveed Kazi

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
It's just a incremental update for a UI and not an android version so we Should get it.I don't know why Samsung likes to play it that way as if they are doing a charity

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I just Google'd it and the first two changes they mentioned, "We" already have? "Up to 5 home screens" instead of three AND "the ability to jump between home screens with a thumbnail screen arrangement that shows all your home screens"? Then they're adding "Live Wallpaper (Nexus Style, incredible supposedly)", "a New App Launcher that pinches in from the corners of your screen instead of the bottom, then a dark background comes in behind the apps, then ALL the apps scroll up from bottom to top, like years past", then "Real Voice Typing that will (Supposedly) voice type into any app on your system that has a text fill field!!! New Widgets and a 3D Photo Gallery round it out! Didn't say anything about any "fixes" of course, because that would be "admitting guilt" :cool:

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

I love the quote "Samsung has been doing better with Android updates lately, often deploying monthly patches in lock-step with Google."

I haven't had an update since 2.0 in February that I didn't have to go out and load it myself manually. And looking at the forum, I'm far from being the only one....
Sigh.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I love the quote "Samsung has been doing better with Android updates lately, often deploying monthly patches in lock-step with Google."

I haven't had an update since 2.0 in February that I didn't have to go out and load it myself manually. And looking at the forum, I'm far from being the only one....
Sigh.

You're right Brad... I see other people having trouble like yours all the time - don't understand why some work and some don't! :-\

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Sigh.
That's Att varant issue, make sure you don't run any ad guard or VPN this can cause issues aldo

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
T mobile Note 9 has been stuck on the March patch. My prediction is that One UI 2.1 will come with latest patch.

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
That's Att varant issue, make sure you don't run any ad guard or VPN this can cause issues aldo

No ad guard, no vpn, all pretty much stock. I use chrome, use Textra, weather bug and a few others. Nothing unusual.
We've gone through this when you helped me with my ODIN update. When 1.0 came out last year, updates were monthly. Nice smooth, no issues whatever.
In February, I got 2.0. Nothing since.
I had a factory update. After that, nothing for a couple of months.
Did the ODIN thing. A week later, AT&T said they were using the next update. Been a month now, nothing.
Contact AT&T. All I get is click settings, check for update. If that doesn't work, go with smart Switch. (neither of them work). AT&T troubleshooting ends there assuming all is well.
I wouldn't mind doing the ODIN stuff again. You posted the link to the newest release, but I never got an answer wondering if the update would work ok with AT&T. I like being cautious. LOL. Since AT&T can be goofy at times. LOL

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No ad guard, no vpn, all pretty much stock. I use chrome, use Textra, weather bug and a few others. Nothing unusual.
We've gone through this when you helped me with my ODIN update. When 1.0 came out last year, updates were monthly. Nice smooth, no issues whatever.
In February, I got 2.0. Nothing since.
I had a factory update. After that, nothing for a couple of months.
Did the ODIN thing. A week later, AT&T said they were using the next update. Been a month now, nothing.
Contact AT&T. All I get is click settings, check for update. If that doesn't work, go with smart Switch. (neither of them work). AT&T troubleshooting ends there assuming all is well.
I wouldn't mind doing the ODIN stuff again. You posted the link to the newest release, but I never got an answer wondering if the update would work ok with AT&T. I like being cautious. LOL. Since AT&T can be goofy at times. LOL
Ahh sorry forget steps we went over , you can Odin to any carrier has a newer version and once Att rolls out jump to that all without factory resetting just use user data .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy