04-28-2020 12:20 PM
32 12
tools
    Hey all,

I bought my galaxy note 9 (international) back in October 2018. Got android 9 update as soon as I set up the device. I was in France and had been receiving software updates regularly. Then, I moved to Turkey in June 2019, received 2 or may be 3 updates there. I received the last software update in October 2019. I left Turkey in February 2020 and now I am in Belgium. I haven't received any software update after October 2019. Here is what I have tried so far:

>Manually checking for updates in the setting>software update
    >Samsung smart switch which always says your software is up to date SI5(LUX)
    >Contacted Samsung support from the app, they told me my phone is Singapore origin. I talked with Samsung support Singapore and they said that Samsung has released the update in Singapore long ago. Since I am out of Singapore and using other sim carrier so I will receive the update eventually (not really sure when).
    >Using VPN proxy and setting it to many other countries just to check if that works.
    >Factory data reset (I read somewhere it also works sometimes)
    >Using my Turkish and Pakistani simcard (on international roaming) to see if that works.
    I have tried all above things after clearing cache partition and clearing the data of Samsung store.

Is there anyone who can help me with this? or who has been facing the same problem?
    04-25-2020 08:51 AM
    Might need to flash through Odin

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.
    .https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    04-25-2020 09:00 AM
    04-25-2020 09:04 AM
    Sorry for making the same post twice. I posted first as a guest.

Anyhow, isn't there any other way to update my phone? or if you know the reason why it has stopped receiving updates?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-25-2020 09:09 AM
    Sorry for making the same post twice. I posted first as a guest.

Anyhow, isn't there any other way to update my phone? or if you know the reason why it has stopped receiving updates?
    Hi, Welcome to AC

I'm not sure why you having trouble updating , but you can flash to latest version if you ever flashed before?
    04-25-2020 10:18 AM
    Hi, Welcome to AC

I'm not sure why you having trouble updating , but you can flash to latest version if you ever flashed before?
    I haven't flashed any smartphone before. Moreover, I have read on several online platforms that installing a custom ROM is quite risky. That is why I am reluctant to install one. I just don't get it why/how I stopped receiving OTA updates.
    04-25-2020 10:29 AM
    I haven't flashed any smartphone before. Moreover, I have read on several online platforms that installing a custom ROM is quite risky. That is why I am reluctant to install one. I just don't get it why/how I stopped receiving OTA updates.
    This is not installing a custom Rom, this is flashing stock Samsung firmwares as a Samsung repair center would do.

Do you have a Samsung service center by you ?
    blackhawkhot likes this.
    04-25-2020 10:41 AM
    This is not installing a custom Rom, this is flashing stock Samsung firmwares as a Samsung repair center would do.

Do you have a Samsung service center by you ?
    Oh okay. So you mean its totally safe to flash the software by my own? If yes, could you please share with me how can I do that?
    and I have samsung service centre (not so close though) but its closed due to corona virus.
    04-25-2020 10:48 AM
    Oh okay. So you mean its totally safe to flash the software by my own? If yes, could you please share with me how can I do that?
    and I have samsung service centre (not so close though) but its closed due to corona virus.
    I can show you little later the steps , currently at work .
    blackhawkhot likes this.
    04-25-2020 10:52 AM
    I can show you little later the steps , currently at work .
    okay, I will be waiting. Thanks a lot
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-25-2020 10:53 AM
    okay, I will be waiting. Thanks a lot
    Ok , no problem
    04-25-2020 10:54 AM
    This is the steps :

Windows computer needed

Latest Odin can Google it and download should be 3.13.1 or 3.14.1

Download samfirm v0.4.1 tool , extract it with 7zip.

You will extract files for Odin once download with 7zip and will do same for firmware with 7zip .

There will be 4 files after you extract the firmware

BL

AP

CP

CSC

Each of those files will go in Odin when you open to the corresponding slots

BL

AP

CP

CSC USE HOME CSC FIILE TO SAVE DATA

Home data slot dont put nothing

connect your phone with cable to computer , once the files are in its slots hit start, once done you'll see pass in Odin and it will reboot

My picture shows circle on what you need to do
    Put your model number,region select check for updates , then download the Rom , extract the Rom with 7zipGalaxy Note 9 SM-960F Not Updating to Android 10-20200425_122427.jpeg
    04-25-2020 11:28 AM
    This is the steps :

Windows computer needed

Latest Odin can Google it and download should be 3.13.1 or 3.14.1

Download samfirm v0.4.1 tool , extract it with 7zip.

You will extract files for Odin once download with 7zip and will do same for firmware with 7zip .

There will be 4 files after you extract the firmware

BL

AP

CP

CSC

Each of those files will go in Odin when you open to the corresponding slots

BL

AP

CP

CSC USE HOME CSC FIILE TO SAVE DATA

Home data slot dont put nothing

connect your phone with cable to computer , once the files are in its slots hit start, once done you'll see pass in Odin and it will reboot

My picture shows circle on what you need to do
    Put your model number,region select check for updates , then download the Rom , extract the Rom with 7zipClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200425_122427.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	319693
    Thanks a lot for the details. It doesn't show me the "SPR" region (see the attached picture)Galaxy Note 9 SM-960F Not Updating to Android 10-vdv.jpg. Can I download the firmware for another region i.e. Pakistan? or which region do you suggest? I will be using the device in Europe for may be a few more months and then I will go to Pakistan.

Moreover, after updating the software through this procedure, would I start to receive OTA updates (if there is any)? or would I have to always update through odin?
    I just found this video: . I will follow the same steps.
    Last question, since I'll be doing it for the first time, I fear if I do something wrong. I also read somewhere that the device can brick. Could you please guide a bit about it?
    04-25-2020 12:17 PM
    Thanks a lot for the details. It doesn't show me the "SPR" region (see the attached picture)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vdv.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	319694. Can I download the firmware for another region i.e. Pakistan? or which region do you suggest? I will be using the device in Europe for may be a few more months and then I will go to Pakistan.

Moreover, after updating the software through this procedure, would I start to receive OTA updates (if there is any)? or would I have to always update through odin?
    I just found this video: . I will follow the same steps.
    Last question, since I'll be doing it for the first time, I fear if I do something wrong. I also read somewhere that the device can brick. Could you please guide a bit about it?
    You have to put your model and region , my picture was example
    04-25-2020 12:21 PM
    You have to put your model and region , my picture was example
    Yeah i put my model which is SM-960F and for region I don't know. That's why I asked you that does region matter? Because I am in Belgium and after a few months I will go to Pakistan. So which region should I choose and what difference does it make?
    sorry to bother you but I just don't wanna make any mistake
    04-25-2020 12:23 PM
    Yeah i put my model which is SM-960F and for region I don't know. That's why I asked you that does region matter? Because I am in Belgium and after a few months I will go to Pakistan. So which region should I choose and what difference does it make?
    sorry to bother you but I just don't wanna make any mistake
    No problem

Yes the region is very important that way you can still get updates
    04-25-2020 12:44 PM
    Go to system settings >about phone >software information let me see a screen shot
    04-25-2020 12:45 PM
    Go to system settings >about phone >software information let me see a screen shot
    Here
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 9 SM-960F Not Updating to Android 10-screenshot_20200426-025449_settings.jpg  
    04-25-2020 07:59 PM
    Try " lux " for region or" xsp"
    blackhawkhot likes this.
    04-25-2020 08:06 PM
    Whats the country code ?
    04-25-2020 08:11 PM
    Whats the country code ?
    For LUX it shows only android pie. For XSP it shows android 10 update but I don't know which region is it as it doesn't show the name of the region, it only shows the update. See screenshot below:
    and what do you exactly mean by country code?

Galaxy Note 9 SM-960F Not Updating to Android 10-vdv.jpg
    Galaxy Note 9 SM-960F Not Updating to Android 10-ccwc.jpg
    04-26-2020 05:01 AM
    Your service provider is lux , so its not andriod 10 yet, but your phones model xsp is on Android 10.

You can choose either one , once you learn to flash can go between either in future

You have the flexibility to go on any firmware as your bootloader unlocked and your phone is international version.
    blackhawkhot likes this.
    04-26-2020 09:47 AM
    Your service provider is lux , so its not andriod 10 yet, but your phones model xsp is on Android 10.

You can choose either one , once you learn to flash can go between either in future

You have the flexibility to go on any firmware as your bootloader unlocked and your phone is international version.
    okay that's relieving. A few more questions:
    I will make sure to do everything as you suggested. but still is there any chance of bricking my device?
    what is the source of the firmware fetched by SamFirm? because someone said to me that these firmwares can be edited by the provider and can harm the device

I am just afraid, I don't want to ruin my device!
    04-26-2020 09:55 AM
    Make sure you don't unplug the device while its flashing, or have the computer screen saver or anything to interrupt while its flashing .
    Samfirm I've been using for awhile now flashing my firmware they look like they come from Samsung servers as a update is out for that model its immediately available there.
    04-26-2020 10:04 AM
    Make sure you don't unplug the device while its flashing, or have the computer screen saver or anything to interrupt while its flashing .
    Samfirm I've been using for awhile now flashing my firmware they look like they come from Samsung servers as a update is out for that model its immediately available there.
    Okay, I will search a bit more about the authenticity of the firmware providers. Will let you know if I have any question or when I do it successfully!
    04-26-2020 10:09 AM
32 12