Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
When Samsung launch both phone
they did not think that the Edge would be a bigger hit

they delayed the phone cos they got lot more Orders for it than expected

It will release in Dec before Xmas
How do you know this?
And how could this be true, when the Note 4 forum is 10,000 times busier than this forum.

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
With the "limited" release of this device, I could see it going the route of the first Galaxy Gear watch. There will be a few cool features for the side screen, but not enough in it for the developers to really put any time and effort into it. I'm definitely passing on the Edge because this first one is to just "test the waters" and like the Gear watch, they will focus more on the improvement on the next Galaxy Edge device. No real reason to invest in this one right now.

Posted via the Android Central App

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
With the "limited" release of this device, I could see it going the route of the first Galaxy Gear watch. There will be a few cool features for the side screen, but not enough in it for the developers to really put any time and effort into it. I'm definitely passing on the Edge because this first one is to just "test the waters" and like the Gear watch, they will focus more on the improvement on the next Galaxy Edge device. No real reason to invest in this one right now.

Posted via the Android Central App

This reasoning would add to my excitement as I love my Galaxy Gear! Bring on the Note Edge!

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

there is nothing wrong with buying a new design these days as long as it's going to stick around. The first Note phone was great, that's why it became such a hit, my Note 12.2 tablet is amazing.

You know Samsung is not going to release Note 5 for exactly another year and there is a chance the Note Edge 2 will not be released for another year either, so why lose the opportunity to have such a cutting edge device for all that time.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
15 useful tips for the Note 4 that will also work for the Note Edge.

Galaxy Note 4: 15 Helpful Tips, Tricks, and How Tos | Digital Trends

How to use the Note 4 one-handed
How to use gestures
How to configure the S Pen
How to use the Finger Scanner
How to save power
How to use voice commands
How to use Smart select
How to keep things private
How to get more camera modes
How to take great selfies
How to make sure you don’t lose your Note 4
How to change or speed up Touch Wiz
How to take a quick memo
How to boost your hearing
How to share content on your home network

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
there is nothing wrong with buying a new design these days as long as it's going to stick around. The first Note phone was great, that's why it became such a hit, my Note 12.2 tablet is amazing.

You know Samsung is not going to release Note 5 for exactly another year and there is a chance the Note Edge 2 will not be released for another year either, so why lose the opportunity to have such a cutting edge device for all that time.

Some people see the phone as a gimmick and have written the phone off. I see the edge display as being useful to me for jumping between apps quickly. The phone will have limited release, and I want something unique, and Edge meets those needs. The Edge has all the features of the Note 4 plus the edge display. I have Note 3 to hold me over until the Edge is released.

joganjani

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Some people see the phone as a gimmick and have written the phone off. I see the edge display as being useful to me for jumping between apps quickly. The phone will have limited release, and I want something unique, and Edge meets those needs. The Edge has all the features of the Note 4 plus the edge display. I have Note 3 to hold me over until the Edge is released.

+1. - I do not have Note 3. I've S4. I see a lot of usage for the curved edge. There is a lot of potential for developers to exploit great functionality out of edge.

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

Yep, same boat here. My Note 3 is still a good phone. It seemed weird not pre-ordering the Note 4, since I have gotten the first 3 Notes on Day one. But the Edge intrigues me and I'll wait patiently..well kinda

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Keeping this thread up to date.

ATT is offering the Note Edge at $399 with contract and $950 out right. with a release date of Nov 14.

Other carriers will release the phone at or after that date.

Sprint is offering the phone at $35 a month ($840 total).

No word yet on VZW, but I would guess they'll sell the Edge at $350 or perhaps $399 with contract as well.

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
It looks like the AT&T Note Edge pre-order is filled. I ordered mine about a half hour after it went live at midnight and both Black and White were still available. But got up at 4:30am for work and the cart buttons were gone. Mine shows a shipping date of 11/13, which I suspect is the same for the entire preorder batch that sold out.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Let's see how VZW handles this. My two years is up on Nov 30 and am getting the Edge. But I need a screen protector and also a back case, like what I have on my Note 2.

BTW, my now two-year old Note 2, is by far the best damn phone I have ever had. Never a hiccup, in two solid years. I got it the first day of release which was Nov 29 of 2012... Damn!!! Dropped it a few times too, but with a back case and screen protector there is no scratch on it. I hope the Edge will perform this well!!!

glidersgalore

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Keeping this thread up to date.

ATT is offering the Note Edge at $399 with contract and $950 out right. with a release date of Nov 14.

Other carriers will release the phone at or after that date.

Sprint is offering the phone at $35 a month ($840 total).

No word yet on VZW, but I would guess they'll sell the Edge at $350 or perhaps $399 with contract as well.

I called into ATT last night and told them I wamted to cancel my lines. I was why, I said I am interrsted in the Note Edge or 4, however I do not see paying an extra $125-150 for a phone verse another carrier. They gave me a $150 credit. I just have to order the phone then call back in and I will get my credit.

Joke Adema

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
oke
the Phone is here in the Netherlands also in stock by several company,s
like samsung.com/nl, coolblue

but i think if you live outside europe you must pay tax and i don,t know how much that wil be

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Take into consideration the other Note versions have been around for ages and there are many that want the Edge or any new phone stuck in their two year contract. I am hoping that on September 1st there will still be a Note Edge, I have heard rumors that they will make a new one next year I can only hope so

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante