Do simultaneous voice and data?

I think I read that because its a sprint spark phone it cannot do that? I just wanted to confirm this before I purchase one...

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-01-2014 10:42 PM
    Offhand, I am not sure. But, I am asking around.
    12-01-2014 11:18 PM
    From what I was reading you can't do voice and data on spark only on LTE.

12-01-2014 11:21 PM
    So if you don't get a spark signal because spark is not available in my city yet (which is not).....will the phone do both voice and data because it's getting only LTE and not spark? Sorry for this complicated question but the details are very important to me in how I want to use the phone...

12-01-2014 11:43 PM
    LTE will give you simultaneous voice and data. The last phone with LTE that couldn't go both was the iPhone 5s and c. All new LTE phones are capable whether on CDMA or GSM carriers.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T
    12-05-2014 10:19 PM
    Do simultaneous voice and data?

I think I read that because its a sprint spark phone it cannot do that? I just wanted to confirm this before I purchase one...

All Sprint Spark phones do not do simultaneous voice and data over 3G or LTE, unfortunately. Only over WiFi
    12-05-2014 10:34 PM
    LTE will give you simultaneous voice and data. The last phone with LTE that couldn't go both was the iPhone 5s and c. All new LTE phones are capable whether on CDMA or GSM carriers.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T
    This is incorrect in regards to Sprint specifically, and not LTE in general. Sprint Spark LTE phones do not do simultaneous voice and data over 3G or LTE. Sprint Spark phones only have one "path", so they're either handling voice (1x) or data (3G, LTE) but not both at the same time. A Spark phone parks itself in LTE data only mode and uses a technology known as enhanced Circuit Switch Fallback (eCSFB) to receive calls/SMS which still travel over the 1x/3G network.
    12-05-2014 10:48 PM
    Literally was going to pick this phone up today, but this is a deal breaker. I had the nexus 5 and i can't tell you hire many times i had to get off the phone to use gps....to then get back on a conference call. Spark sucks
    12-06-2014 01:13 PM
    Literally was going to pick this phone up today, but this is a deal breaker. I had the nexus 5 and i can't tell you hire many times i had to get off the phone to use gps....to then get back on a conference call. Spark sucks
    12-06-2014 06:50 PM