Galaxy Note Edge Wish List

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
As pioneers blazing the trail of the possibilities of the curved display, we are the ones who get to use our devices in day to day situations. All the features that were developed by Samsung are now in the real world being put to use with varied results.

Now that we've had some time to use our phones, what are some things that we think could be done with this piece of hardware that Samsung could actually implement with a future software update? Or what things can we try to do with this device that might be developed in a custom ROM?

I'll start with my list now and update it as time goes on.

1. Ability to choose where notifications come in. Right now they come in on the edge screen. I'd rather have them come in on the top bar, or have the choice to let them come on the top.

2. Ability to customize the top bar and the edge screen to where I can choose to show the status icons on the right side instead of the top screen. Wouldn't that be nice to have no top bar and have all the status icons stacked up like a totem on the right? There certainly is a lot more space on the right than the top.

3. Ability to choose notifications not to overlap into the main screen. I don't know about you guys but they get in the way. If I can't have notifications come in on the top like other android phones then at least let them not creep into the main screen where I might accidentally press them causing me to switch apps. There is plenty of room on the edge panel to not let it interfere with the main screen.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
A scrolling sms text wedge that scrolls through the last X messages I have received. Click on one as it scrolls and it opens in SMS app for a reply.

I could then activate the wedge, set phone on a table, and monitor a stream of texts and read them without needing to pick up phone. If one is important enough tap on it and answer.

Also, if text message notifications are to be on the wedge, have it smart enough to show them in the correct orientation without having to flip the phone upside down to rotate the screen first. Also a way to slow down the display of the text message notification to give me time to look at it and read it. This is even more important now because I often need to read them sideways or upside down.

Last edited:

GSOgymrat

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I would like to be able to lock the edge screen. For example, when I am working out I would like to have my workout app on the main screen and Spotify controls locked on the edge screen. Another idea: running on a treadmill and have a video playing on the main screen and data from a fitness band (heart rate, steps or other data) on the edge screen.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I would like to be able to lock the edge screen. For example, when I am working out I would like to have my workout app on the main screen and Spotify controls locked on the edge screen. Another idea: running on a treadmill and have a video playing on the main screen and data from a fitness band (heart rate, steps or other data) on the edge screen.

Good stuff. Maybe one day we'll have more control over how the wedge works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34