Note Edge Sensor Is Defective

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I have an issue with my note edge screen dimming and couldn't figure out why it was doing it. Now i know why. It seems that the sensor at the top is locked in semi auto mode at all times. If you go from a bright room to a dark one your screen will slightly dim as if you have the auto brightness checked. I took my phone to the Samsung store and they tried to fix it but couldn't. They said that there might me an update to fix this issue but right now there's nothing they can do. To check if your phone has this problem just go to a bright room and cover the proximity sensor with your hand and you will see your screen dim. It shouldn't do that. All my settings are set so the screen stays bright but this phone is defective.

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Mine doesn't change, only does when I am in auto mode. Tell them to take out another new phone to see if it is the same, might be just your phone. Have them replace it if it isn't the same.

Sent from my Samsung Note Edge using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Mine only changes in auto mode also. I have not noticed anything about the edge screen dimming incorrectly. But I will keep an eye on it and report back.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
This a email that i got from Samsung saying that all note edges do the same thing

Attachments

• 1418989032782.jpg
    1418989032782.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 19

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12