My UAG Case Just Saved My Phone....Twice...

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I go through extremes to take care of my phones and electronics. I can count on one hand how many times I have dropped all my previous phones. Not only did I drop my phone once, it happened a second time within two hours. The first time (I'm a police officer) I was dismounting my mountain bike. I go to go in my jacket to get my notebook when Mr Edge pops right out. And as I see this $1000+ phone falling towards the sidewalk in slo mo, all I can say is "Nooooooooooooooooo!"

The phone landed FLUSH on the sidewalk screen side down. Trembling as I picked it up, turned it over and not a scratch. The edges of the case protrude in such a way as to not have it come in contact with the ground. And just THREE WEEKS AGO I was walking around w/o a case on this thing. Best 39.99 I have ever spent because my Xmas was about to be ruined early....

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Almost all TPU cases are made like that (with that little lip), which is why that's one of the first things I buy for a new phone. And if the phone lands on an edge or corner, the TPU and silicone liner take a lot of the shock, also saving the screen. (The harder the screen [or any material], the easier it is to fracture if hit lightly on a fracture plane - which is why it takes just a light tap to cut a diamond. A soft plastic screen may scratch easily, but you could drop the phone hard enough to shatter the motherboard without bothering the screen. A diamond screen might break if you put the phone down on the desk at just the wrong angle, but you couldn't scratch it, even with a tungsten carbide scribing tool.)