Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

01-21-2015 04:28 PM
48 12
tools
    I'm not sure how many it will fit, but there is scrolling on the panels!

Posted via the Android Central App
    I figured that out about ten minutes ago! LOL.
    Stigasteve23 likes this.
    01-11-2015 05:09 PM
    I don't think we will see massive developer support until someone figures out how to monetize the display contents, or the Edge user community becomes a lot less of a cheap skate than I am.

KingJay708 likes this.
    01-12-2015 10:23 PM
    It'd be nice to have the time on an edge display

01-12-2015 10:24 PM
    It'd be nice to have the time on an edge display

I just found one today. It's on Google Play if you just search Galaxy Note Edge. It's a clock and date panel. The description is all in Korean and it shows some Korean characters in the preview but once I installed it those characters didn't show. I took a screenshot while typing this.

Attached Thumbnails Edge Panels????-screenshot_2015-01-13-22-26-31.jpg  
    01-13-2015 10:27 PM
    This is what it looks like in the search results.

Attached Thumbnails Edge Panels????-screenshot_2015-01-13-22-30-23.jpg  
    01-13-2015 10:31 PM
    I just found one today. It's on Google Play if you just search Galaxy Note Edge. It's a clock and date panel. The description is all in Korean and it shows some Korean characters in the preview but once I installed it those characters didn't show. I took a screenshot while typing this.

Thanks! I'll check it out!

01-13-2015 11:11 PM
    Here's what I want 1) be able to have more than one favorites panel 2) be able to put a back button on the panel (or find an app like I did the home button) 3) be able up space my edge buttons closer to one another 4) control if I want the edge to start back up at the top 5) have a panel for instant text contacts 6) have a button to minimize screen 7) shortcuts to settings options, unless I didn't find it yet.
    01-13-2015 11:54 PM
    This guy has developed an edge panel that does a lot including
    displaying the date, day, time and battery percentage.

I use it and it's great.

On Google Play: "Edge Navigation (back button)"

"Description
    THIS APP WORKS ONLY ON "GALAXY NOTE EDGE".
    Add an Edge Navigation Panel to your Galaxy Note Edge that has a notification / recent apps / home / back / lock button on it!
    The panel shown in the first image, is panel 1.
    Panel 1 has 5 buttons: 1.Red Stripe, 2.Yellow Layer, 3.Blue Home, 4.Green Backspace, 5.White Lock.
    1.Red Stripe: shows Notification Bar (double clicking will show Quick Settings)
    2.Yellow Layer: calls Recent Apps
    3.Blue Home: functions as Home Button
    4.Green Backspace: functions as Back Button
    5.White Lock: flips the panel (double clicking will lock the device)
    If flipped from panel 1, panel 2 is shown.
    Panel 2 has 5 buttons: 1.Red Layer with Slash, 2.Yellow Up Arrow, 3.Blue Camera, 4.Green Down Arrow, 5.White Lock.
    1.Red Layer with Slash: kills background apps, clear memory cache
    2.Yellow Up Arrow: volume up
    3.Blue Camera: execute stock camera app
    4.Green Down Arrow: volume down
    If flipped again from panel 2, panel 1 will be shown.
    To uninstall this app, you have to undo the 3rd Step."

It has a few steps to activate it which are shown when you click on the app icon in the app drawer.
    01-14-2015 09:37 AM
    This guy has developed an edge panel that does a lot including
    displaying the date, day, time and battery percentage.

I use it and it's great.

On Google Play: "Edge Navigation (back button)"

"Description
    THIS APP WORKS ONLY ON "GALAXY NOTE EDGE".
    Add an Edge Navigation Panel to your Galaxy Note Edge that has a notification / recent apps / home / back / lock button on it!
    The panel shown in the first image, is panel 1.
    Panel 1 has 5 buttons: 1.Red Stripe, 2.Yellow Layer, 3.Blue Home, 4.Green Backspace, 5.White Lock.
    1.Red Stripe: shows Notification Bar (double clicking will show Quick Settings)
    2.Yellow Layer: calls Recent Apps
    3.Blue Home: functions as Home Button
    4.Green Backspace: functions as Back Button
    If flipped from panel 1, panel 2 is shown.
    Panel 2 has 5 buttons: 1.Red Layer with Slash, 2.Yellow Up Arrow, 3.Blue Camera, 4.Green Down Arrow, 5.White Lock.
    1.Red Layer with Slash: kills background apps, clear memory cache
    2.Yellow Up Arrow: volume up
    3.Blue Camera: execute stock camera app
    4.Green Down Arrow: volume down
    If flipped again from panel 2, panel 1 will be shown.
    To uninstall this app, you have to undo the 3rd Step."

It has a few steps to activate it which are shown when you click on the app icon in the app drawer.
    This panel app is garbage. Looks very cheese. I installed and uninstalled 20 mins later.
    01-14-2015 12:17 PM
    I don't think we will see massive developer support until someone figures out how to monetize the display contents, or the Edge user community becomes a lot less of a cheap skate than I am.

There is the problem being cheap. People spend money for hardware then want a handout on software. That is one of the reasons Apple apps come first. They will pay for them. I also see no problem paying for major OS updates. Like from 4.x to 5. I think that would help move development along. I would have no problem with say $25ish.
    01-14-2015 12:30 PM
    I would like to able to have 2 numbers for the same person on the contact page. Instead I had to make a new contact for my wife's work.
    01-14-2015 12:36 PM
    I would like to able to have 2 numbers for the same person on the contact page. Instead I had to make a new contact for my wife's work.
    Are you talking about contacts in the phone? You can. Click the + sign next to the existing number.
    Attached Thumbnails Edge Panels????-1421271904325.jpg  
    01-14-2015 03:45 PM
    Yeah they definitely need to make some panels, I've been waiting for something to pop out at me other than the yahoo sports
    01-14-2015 04:45 PM
    Yeah they definitely need to make some panels, I've been waiting for something to pop out at me other than the yahoo sports
    Exactly why I'm still using my Note 4
    01-14-2015 05:23 PM
    I had the Note 4 and loved it, but love being able launch new apps from the edge panel. The new panels will come, just like they did for the S pen when it was new.
    01-14-2015 05:50 PM
    Dude, also the battery on the edge gives most users a full day. Why are you even commenting on this thread?

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.✒✒
    Agree with Chris 100%. Battery life is a non factor. Been at work all day (8 hours +1 hour each way= 10 hours), the phone has been off the charger nor have I attempted to charge it. With moderate use, Facebook, Android forums, text, calls and camera, I'm at 53% when I sat down to eat dinner.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    Attached Thumbnails Edge Panels????-screenshot_2015-01-14-19-22-43.jpg  
    01-14-2015 06:29 PM
    Agree with Chris 100%. Battery life is a non factor. Been at work all day (8 hours +1 hour each way= 10 hours), the phone has been off the charger nor have I attempted to charge it. With moderate use, Facebook, Android forums, text, calls and camera, I'm at 53% when I sat down to eat dinner.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    Non factor for some. It is an issue for me currently. On the Note 4 that I had for 2 weeks, I'd only drain 4% on standby from 9 pm to 4 am. On my Edge, I'll drain 15% in the same time frame. I would love to get similar performance on my Edge. I don't have a flip case on my phone, but this Cocktail Bar seems to be one culprit.

Just because it's a non issue for some, doesn't make it a non issue for others.

That said, I love my Edge and will continue to try to figure out how to optimize my battery life without crippling the device.
    01-14-2015 07:00 PM
    I'm still happy that I got this instead of the 4, I had the 3 and I just needed something different and the edge gave me that spark
    rabernet and Hurleygm like this.
    01-14-2015 07:16 PM
    Non factor for some. It is an issue for me currently. On the Note 4 that I had for 2 weeks, I'd only drain 4% on standby from 9 pm to 4 am. On my Edge, I'll drain 15% in the same time frame. I would love to get similar performance on my Edge. I don't have a flip case on my phone, but this Cocktail Bar seems to be one culprit.

Just because it's a non issue for some, doesn't make it a non issue for others.

That said, I love my Edge and will continue to try to figure out how to optimize my battery life without crippling the device.
    I won't claim to be an expert but in stand by I'm not sure what edge feature would make that big of difference. Night Clock maybe? Assuming you had it on at those times. Are both devices configured the exact same minus the edge panel? If so I might have a few suggestions but that's not meant to assume they're settings you're not already aware of. Happy to help if I can.

01-14-2015 09:54 PM
    I won't claim to be an expert but in stand by I'm not sure what edge feature would make that big of difference. Night Clock maybe? Assuming you had it on at those times. Are both devices configured the exact same minus the edge panel? If so I might have a few suggestions but that's not meant to assume they're settings you're not already aware of. Happy to help if I can.

Yes, they are configured the same. Last night, I made sure that location services and Bluetooth were turned off (I never had to turn them off on the Note 4) and I used Greenify to hibernate out of my apps.

So, last night was the first time I tried doing something different. But results didn't change. They have the same new SD card in them.

Here are stats when I got up this morning.
    Attached Thumbnails Edge Panels????-1421318280104.jpg   Edge Panels????-1421318292913.jpg   Edge Panels????-1421318307382.jpg   Edge Panels????-1421318321002.jpg  
    01-15-2015 04:38 AM
    Yes, they are configured the same. Last night, I made sure that location services and Bluetooth were turned off (I never had to turn them off on the Note 4) and I used Greenify to hibernate out of my apps.

So, last night was the first time I tried doing something different. But results didn't change. They have the same new SD card in them.

Here are stats when I got up this morning.
    During that time the edge panel was only good for less than 1% of the overall drain. So it isn't the edge specifically but maybe the edge is handling background processes differently than the Note 4 but I wouldn't think so. They're basically the same. If it were the edge panel though I would tell you to check the screen time out on the edge panels but other than that the edge panels when not in use shouldn't be making much of a difference. All the edge is is basically a vertical dock and widgets feature. Battery consumption would be based on what is running not what is housing them, especially if it's not being used. So if the edge is timing out properly and it isn't being activated then it itself shouldn't be pulling your battery much.

Looking at the stats your battery consumption split 42% to core functions (phone radio, screen, etc) and then 58% to app usage (even though some of those apps aren't apps, they're still essentially core functions). Anyways just for comparison the edge panel consumed .8 and Facebook and Facebook Messenger accounted for 5.6% more than 5 times the consumption. So it's not the edge. It's something else. At least I think. I'm sure cocktail bar service isn't the only edge resource but still it's negligible to everything else.
    Attached Thumbnails Edge Panels????-screenshot_2015-01-15-09-42-12.jpg  
    rabernet likes this.
    01-15-2015 09:47 AM
    During that time the edge panel was only good for less than 1% of the overall drain. So it isn't the edge specifically but maybe the edge is handling background processes differently than the Note 4 but I wouldn't think so. They're basically the same. If it were the edge panel though I would tell you to check the screen time out on the edge panels but other than that the edge panels when not in use shouldn't be making much of a difference. All the edge is is basically a vertical dock and widgets feature. Battery consumption would be based on what is running not what is housing them, especially if it's not being used. So if the edge is timing out properly and it isn't being activated then it itself shouldn't be pulling your battery much.

Looking at the stats your battery consumption split 42% to core functions (phone radio, screen, etc) and then 58% to app usage (even though some of those apps aren't apps, they're still essentially core functions). Anyways just for comparison the edge panel consumed .8 and Facebook and Facebook Messenger accounted for 5.6% more than 5 times the consumption. So it's not the edge. It's something else. At least I think. I'm sure cocktail bar service isn't the only edge resource but still it's negligible to everything else.
    Well, I had it set to 2 minutes, so changed it to 30 secs just now. See if that helps.
    01-15-2015 10:02 AM
    Are you talking about contacts in the phone? You can. Click the + sign next to the existing number.
    No I am not. I am talking about being able to have multiple numbers for the same person on the edge screen.
    01-21-2015 04:28 PM
48 12