This makes no sense. Why would Samsung put up a massive banner for an old phone, when they supposedly going to be announcing the new S6 in a couple of days?

Engadget is live from CES 2015!

Samsung puts up a massive banner for the Note Edge at CES 2015, but why?-lead_fullbleed_ces2015_01.jpg

The banner says, The Next Big Thing is Here, Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. CES is about the future and not the past, that's why it's surprising to see such a massive banner for a so-called limited release phone.

Samsung puts up a massive banner for the Note Edge at CES 2015, but why?-lead_fullbleed_ces2015_01.jpg
    01-04-2015 11:27 AM
    Because they have the money and they can....
    01-04-2015 01:44 PM
    The banner says, The Next Big Thing is Here, Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. CES is about the future and not the past, that's why it's surprising to see such a massive banner for a so-called limited release phone.
    It's only logical that the only thing that's truly "limited" about the release of the phone is the fact that their production capacity for the display is probably much lower than the displays for all of their other devices.

Think about it, from a business standpoint there is absolutely nothing that Samsung stands to gain by not producing as many Note Edges as they possibly can. If they want to really see how many people will adopt the strange display of the Edge and what the uses are that people find for it, then it would be silly to cap production at a low number, because then there's no way for them to see what sort of sales numbers the phone is capable of driving. That's not even mentioning the fact that if this phone were truly "limited" to a certain production number, Samsung would essentially just be waving goodbye to any profits that could have been made by selling more of them.

Here's what I believe is happening... Samsung knows they just can't physically produce as many Edges as most of their other phones, so their marketing department has spun this fact into an advertising campaign that bills the phone as "exclusive" and "limited" in order to try to entice people to buy it. But make no mistake, they will continue producing Edges as fast as they can until it's no longer relevant from a hardware standpoint and they move onto something else. They would be stupid not to.
    oditius likes this.
    01-04-2015 05:21 PM
    I think that Samsung anticipated this to be a limited release but they were blind sided by its popularity. This could explain why Verizon has dropped the ball on its release. I have heard several people say that Verizon has had problems getting a hold of enough stock of the note edge and thats why its release was further delayed. Samsung cant keep up with demand and this would explain why the big banner is posted at CES. The phone has drawn so much attention that they can not ignore it. I would expect several other models to be available soon with the edge concept.
    oditius likes this.
    01-04-2015 05:58 PM
    I am wondering the same thing. If you look at the demand of the Galaxy Gear S, its hard to keep in stock. That has a curved screen as well. Perhaps Samsung underestimated the demand for the unit. I am hopeful that more will come out in the future. It does make sense to have a curved edge. It helps maximize screen usage.
    oditius likes this.
    01-04-2015 06:04 PM
    That's all cool, regarding the above posts. But if the hottest next phone is the S6 with all metal body, then why bother with the massive Edge banner?

I think this Edge thing, as you guys are guessing, is a much bigger phenomena that anyone, including Sammy had anticipated.
    01-04-2015 09:36 PM
    I thought we weren't getting an s6 announcement until MWC next month.
    01-05-2015 01:52 AM
    That's probably the best reason for the Note Edge banner. The S6 won't be announced at CES.
    01-05-2015 03:07 AM
    Seems like Samsung might have two versions of the S6, a standard and a double edge. The phones are being shown privately to Samsung partners at CES.

Galaxy S6 making special appearance at CES 2015… but it’s not as exciting as you think
    01-05-2015 10:47 AM