I just converted a couple from iPhone 6 pluses to note edges

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I was at the mall, walking to the bookstore. I was sending a text and this guy stops me and asks what phone i had. I proceed to show him and his wife my Edge and all it can do. Showed them the spen and what it could do. Spent about 30 mins with them. I then watched them walk to best buy mobile.

I went about my journey to the bookstore and made my purchases. I then was walking back to the food court and saw the tow of them sitting at a table. They were both playing with their new Note Edge phones. They asked me a few questions and I help them get set up.

They said they are going to tell all there friends to get this phone!

✒✒ Sent from my fantastic and feature rich Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.✒✒

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Congratulations Sir, that's the way that Android users help.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It's amazing to me how many apple users believe all these misconceptions about android. These two thought that there was lag, no apps, etc. Once I showed them the play store it was over.

What got them was when I said "let's have a little race. Each of us has to select 4 pictures from the Web and text them to someone." They were like that's easy, and began to do it. I pulled out my spen, hit smart select, collected 4 pics and texted them to my wife. At that point my wife texted me back and they were still selecting pics. They were floored! Lol

Then I asked what do you do if you have to remember a date or something. They said open there calender and create an event. I showed them active memo and wrote a date, description and time and added it to my calander in about 5 seconds. They could not believe the level of functionality I had.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
They just arrived in London stores.

Could someone confirm you can change the orientation of the edge. The new Samsung store guy didn't know and it wasn't in Settings.

It didn't make sense to me.

I know I could chase down You Tube videos or reviews but I'm not that sort of guy.

Thanks in advance.

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

Could someone confirm you can change the orientation of the edge. The new Samsung store guy didn't know and it wasn't in Settings.

I know I could chase down You Tube videos or reviews but I'm not that sort of guy.

Thanks in advance.

Go to edge setting, then select rotate edge screen 180° make sure your phones screen is set to auto rotate.

See next post

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

Thanks in advance.

here ya go

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-05-14-45-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-05-14-45-31.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 109

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
here ya go

Lummox!
You would think the reps would know.
It was two demo models in store. I have a Note 3 so thought I went through everything. Thanks.

I will wait until they remove the £100 premium over the Note 4, hopefully by mid February, and then decide.

I mentioned a few months ago they should use a ticker tape style and it was good to see they have 5-6 edge apps built in. One with live football scores on Saturday.

Different model version here though. Not carrier locked if you want.

Thanks for the info. Glad everyone likes it.

{I want to search for a slim top or bottom hinged flip case for it like I'm using now.}

From a leftie!

Last edited:

Erin Niles

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
This is just awesome! Great job letting them know Apple is not the way to go. Lol

Posted via the one of a kind, amazing Galaxy Note Edge. (which is better than whatever phone you have)

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
That's a neat story. I used to hang out at Best Buy when PDAs were popular. I'd wait until the sales guy would struggle to explain things, "how this works", "how that works", and "oh, I don't think you can do that" and then I'd help the customer out and "wow them" with all the amazing things you could do with a PDA.

I was an unpaid Best Buy employee! Well, at least I got to set my own hours and take 3 or 4 hour lunch breaks. :)

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
That's a neat story. I used to hang out at Best Buy when PDAs were popular. I'd wait until the sales guy would struggle to explain things, "how this works", "how that works", and "oh, I don't think you can do that" and then I'd help the customer out and "wow them" with all the amazing things you could do with a PDA.

I was an unpaid Best Buy employee! Well, at least I got to set my own hours and take 3 or 4 hour lunch breaks. :)

Lol, classic. I love to do that at best buy at the samsung experience kiosk. It's amazing how little the samsung reps actually know (most of them, lol not all), and the crazy stuff they tell a potential customer.

I had 4 people last night wanting a note edge but they had none in stock. I also "sold" 2 Gear s watches for the samsung/best buy folks. Lol. The guy handed me his card and I called today. I have an interview on Friday to work at the samsung experience store in best buy in my area. Lol.

--- Sent from my fantastic Note Edge--- "IT'S NOTE A GIMMICK, THEY JUST HATE US CAUSE THEY AIN'T US!!!!!!"✒✒

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I had 4 people last night wanting a note edge but they had none in stock. I also "sold" 2 Gear s watches for the samsung/best buy folks. Lol. The guy handed me his card and I called today. I have an interview on Friday to work at the samsung experience store in best buy in my area. Lol.

Sounds like your interview is going to be very quick:
> Best Buy: "Hello, Chris. When can you start? Tonight or this weekend, perhaps?"
> You: "Uh, I already started, you know, when the first Samsung galaxy note edge went on display. And I sold 4 of them yesterday, so, where's my commission check?"

My brother did this part time and got some great discounts on TVs, Bose, etc just before he got married.

Good luck with the interview! Sound like a great fit and I'm sure you will do well.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
One of the coolest features (I think) is the ability to search hand written text with S Finder immediately after you write something in a Note.

Make sure you demo that for people too when you get your Best Buy job. It's one thing that really gets their attention.

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
One of the coolest features (I think) is the ability to search hand written text with S Finder immediately after you write something in a Note.

Make sure you demo that for people too when you get your Best Buy job. It's one thing that really gets their attention.

I agree. S finder is fantastic. The other thing I find impressive, and still do is the ability to never loose my main screen during a phone call, even incoming. Tough to demo on a non activated unit, but I can use my own.

--- Sent from my fantastic Note Edge--- "IT'S NOTE A GIMMICK, THEY JUST HATE US CAUSE THEY AIN'T US!!!!!!"✒✒

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like your interview is going to be very quick:
> Best Buy: "Hello, Chris. When can you start? Tonight or this weekend, perhaps?"
> You: "Uh, I already started, you know, when the first Samsung galaxy note edge went on display. And I sold 4 of them yesterday, so, where's my commission check?"

My brother did this part time and got some great discounts on TVs, Bose, etc just before he got married.

Good luck with the interview! Sound like a great fit and I'm sure you will do well.

Thank you man. LOL. I did get the job by the way. It's just something part time as I work full time at my local VA as a psychologist.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
You're a psychologist!

You had a 'head' start!

????????????????????????☺

Good stories all the same.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Your a psychologist!

You had a 'head' start!

😂😈😢😩

Good stories all the same.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lol. I never use my powers for evil. Lmao

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12