Verizon Note Edge Thread

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 158613Now that the Edge has been released on Verizon (1/8/2015) it's time to retire the release thread and start a dedicated thread about issues, pointers, how-tos and info on the Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy Note Edge phones.

Last edited:

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
My first question is about VZW's Viewdini. Does it this work on anybody's phones. It doesn't work on either my tablet or my Edge.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to have the Google Wallet default as the tap to pay? Now that I have my Note Edge, I am eager to try this out. I really do not want to use the Softcard. I remember on the Moto X, you could select which one you wanted to use but, I do not see it here in the menus.

glidersgalore

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Set up your Google Wallet. I think you should be able to select from there. If not go into settings, NFC (must be on) at the bottoms is select payment services.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Can you use other launchers, like Nova Launcher and still be able to use the Edge panels? I've never really used other launchers before, but thought about playing with one when I had the Note 4 (exchanged today for the Edge).

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I setup Nova on mine and had a lot of problems with it freezing and losing the dedicated launcher status so I returned to the Samsung Launcher and used Beautiful Widgets and Simple Calender to give it a similar look to Nova. This might also be another reason I stick with the Note 4. I can get a huge amount of apps on the screen and use them with one tap. CNN app is not working and the Yahoo Sports app goes crazy by flipping through all my selections really fast on its own. I am sure they will get these fixed but if the only consistent Edge panels that work are the custom apps then I can get that and more with Nova Launcher and will return mine.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Can you use other launchers, like Nova Launcher and still be able to use the Edge panels? I've never really used other launchers before, but thought about playing with one when I had the Note 4 (exchanged today for the Edge).

Yesterday when I first set up my Note, I had some crashes but, after turning the phone off and then back on it seems to be working well today.

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Anyone tried ART? Note 4 always took 15 minutes to start up because of it. Audio best case? Looking for one :/ leaning toward the wallet flip case from Samsung but not decided yet

Posted via the Android Central App

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
With another Launcher? And the Edge display still functioned?

Yes. I have the Nova Launcher Prime not, sure if that makes a difference. It should not. I was just on it right now and no issues after I restarted the phone from yesterday. Edge panel works fine as well with the Launcher.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone tried ART? Note 4 always took 15 minutes to start up because of it. Audio best case? Looking for one :/ leaning toward the wallet flip case from Samsung but not decided yet

That was the first wallet case that I actually really enjoyed. I wound up returning it though, because after you fold it over the wallet does not close all the way and the flap stays open.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

I had a Verus Thor case on the Note 4, and I'm thrilled they have them for the Edge, so that's what I'm ordering. Anyone know if mic placement is different on the Verizon version like on the Note 4?

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I had a Verus Thor case on the Note 4, and I'm thrilled they have them for the Edge, so that's what I'm ordering. Anyone know if mic placement is different on the Verizon version like on the Note 4?

Mic placement is the same. I think I'm gonna get the Thor and maybe another one, to save some money on amazon and have some variety :) still not sure about ART.. I'll try it and see what it does.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Mic placement is the same. I think I'm gonna get the Thor and maybe another one, to save some money on amazon and have some variety :) still not sure about ART.. I'll try it and see what it does.

The Tridea's have great reviews as well. What I like about the Verus Thor is the slope they put on the back for the heart monitor, that the Tridea doesn't have - that's why I went with two colors of the the Verus Thor (red and gold).

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Also - forgive me, but what is ART?

Stigasteve23

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I got the incipio car from Verizon and is very nice, only thing I don't like is the back is plastic is slightly slippery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech