Verizon Note Edge Thread

blemoon42

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I Love my white edge from att but
Unfortunately it has the light bleed around above the home button and around the display.
Tried to exchange it but they said they were all like that.
Was gonna exchange it for the black version but they don't have either color in stock any more.

Posted via the Android Central App

yostevo

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I usually tell people the edge is l like a dedicated toolbar like on a pc. It hides just like that. Go ahead tell Microsoft it's gimmicky. That being said really would love to initiate multi window from the edge itself.
If the double edged s6 doesn't allow that from the left edge that would be a fail.

BobDog437

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I woke up to find an update is ready to install. Was hoping, but I was a quickie and just a minor update. Hope it is one of the preparatory fix updates, so as to install Lollipop.

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
This update is definitely in preparation for lollipop. Just some nerd talk... When this device first came out, if you go under developers options you had the option to switch from dalvik to art runtime but it didn't work. This update allows you to switch to art runtime permanently (don't do it though, things didn't work properly for me.). As you know, lollipop defaults at art runtime so it's definitely coming.

Sent from my Note Edge

Last edited:

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Art runtime in layman's terms is the way Android opens up applications and stores them. Art runtime is supposed to be better battery life and apps open up quicker due to the way it is cached

Sent from my Note Edge

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
This update is definitely in preparation for lollipop. Just some nerd talk... When this device first came out, if you go under developers options if gave you option to switch from dalvik to art runtime but it didn't work. This update allows you to switch to art runtime permanently (don't do it though, things didn't work properly for me.). As you know, lollipop defaults at art runtime so it's definitely coming.

Sent from my Note Edge

Yes, art didn't work originally.. But I won't test it now. Hopefully vzw is speedy in their release, I'm very envious of my moms note 4 with lollipop

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Verizon is usually last with updates but I have never had issues with the phone after.

That's true, however they are getting much better about it. I remember the G2 didn't get KitKat until about 7+ months after it was released. But they are typically (not always) about quality and not quantity :)

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Anyone tried checking Kies for the Lollipop update? I'll try it tonight.. Getting a little impatient now heh :p

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463