I remember someone posted a month or so back that iLoome was supposed to be releasing a tempered glass screen protector for the Note Edge by the end of this month, but there's still nothing on their website. And I remember mention of another company, but can't remember.

Anyone know any news about whether we're actually going to see tempered glass for the edge? From a reputable company?
    01-30-2015 03:25 PM
    iLoome's latest word is "by the end of February at the earliest". Wouldn't you rather that they get it right than that they get it out fast?
    01-30-2015 04:07 PM
    Would rather get it before I break it. LoL
    rabernet likes this.
    01-30-2015 06:05 PM
    iLoome's latest word is "by the end of February at the earliest". Wouldn't you rather that they get it right than that they get it out fast?
    That was not the latest that I was aware of. I read end of January and have never seen the end of February as a date. My question was not a critique, not sure how you got that out of my question? Now that I know the more updated response, I will keep an eye out at the end of next month.

Anyone know the other company who was also working on a tempered glass screen protector for the Edge?
    01-30-2015 07:26 PM
    This looks like a purchase at your own risk one:

http://www.amazon.com/Changeshopping...cUvbUpU4206957
    01-31-2015 12:18 AM
    This looks like a purchase at your own risk one:

http://www.amazon.com/Changeshopping...cUvbUpU4207624
    Doesn't look curved at all wouldn't touch it
    01-31-2015 01:58 PM
    My question was not a critique, not sure how you got that out of my question?
    Having been on the receiving end of "when are you going to release it" questions, I take any "when are they going to release it" question as meaning "I want it faster than the time I see it released" - which is "I want it before it's ready to be released". Companies (other than Apple) don't have ready-to-release products that they don't release, unless they're trying to go bankrupt. So the basic answer to a question like that, which no wants to see because they'll think I'm trying to be funny (substitute your own not-for-a-family-forum phrase) is "it'll be released when they're ready to release it".

Products that are released on the date that Marketing "pre-ordained" as the release date are almost always buggy. I could cite hundreds of versions of different operating systems alone as proof. (5.0 needed 5.0.1 to fix bugs, 5.0.1 needed 5.0.2 to fix still-remaining bugs and there are still bugs in 5.0.2. But the bean counters don't want to hear "we'll release it when we're sure it's ready to be released", so it gets released with whatever problems are still to be fixed [or not even found yet].)

It wasn't meant as a personal observation that you wanted a buggy screen protector, just a general observation that things with future release dates that aren't already in a state ready to be released are usually released with bugs. If it's ready to go now, and the company announces that they'll be releasing it next week, that's fine, but if Engineering is still trying to find out why 10% of the screen "protectors" break the screens, and the company announces a fixed release date, they'll probably release some bad products.
    02-01-2015 06:01 PM
    Thanks for taking time to explain your response!
    02-01-2015 08:38 PM
    Doesn't look curved at all wouldn't touch it
    I got a response back today that this one and 2 other sellers on Amazon does not cover the edge part of the screen
    02-03-2015 09:01 AM
    I emailed Illoome and Tech Armor last night. I have not heard back from Tech Armor. Illoome emailed me back today and told me March. When I emailed them in December, they told me January so, I am hoping that its March. My screen protector that I have on there is the Verizon one and its already scratched up and knicked. Thought of just taking it off and hoping for the best. The scratches impede the view. I also thought of using the Skinomi one, but I am scared of applying anything wet to the device.
    02-03-2015 09:41 PM
    I am using the skinomi for the time being. It's alright but I am patiently waiting for the tempered glass from iloome. I was also told from an email that march is their expected release date. The wet application is not bad, just make sure you turn off your device and remove battery. Only downside is when using the stylus it leaves indentations for a while and you can see and feel the marks for a little while. Other than that it cover the entire screen and have not had any issues with it lifting anywhere. I have been using it for a month now.
    02-03-2015 10:41 PM
    I've got the skinomi too. I'll give them credit for a good product and being extremely early supporters of the edge design. But past that...

I'm sure they could tell you a hundred ways it's different than Zagg products but to my fingers it's the same thing. And I am having an ever so slight lifting issue in the upper corner opposite if the edge screen.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-04-2015 10:29 PM
    I emailed Illoome and Tech Armor last night. I have not heard back from Tech Armor. Illoome emailed me back today and told me March. When I emailed them in December, they told me January so, I am hoping that its March. My screen protector that I have on there is the Verizon one and its already scratched up and knicked. Thought of just taking it off and hoping for the best. The scratches impede the view. I also thought of using the Skinomi one, but I am scared of applying anything wet to the device.
    I have the Skinomi and it's the only thing I'll use since i can't get tempered glass. I've had it since Jan 9thth. No scratches or any marks. No signs of bubbles or peeling. Easy to apply. It's a really really LIGHT MIST you spray to the screen protector itself and THEN apply the screen protector till the phone like normal. It's not that wet at all. Slightly damp. The first few days it looks awful. I almost took mine but I'm glad I didn't because once the 3 days passed like they say, it looked great. I highly recommend it until a glass one comes out!
    tech_fan likes this.
    02-04-2015 11:06 PM
    I doubt I will go for tempered glass on this phone I use my fingerprint scanner... being it is a swipe and typically temper makes the rest of the phone higher than the button I doubt it would work for me. I think I will stick with my matte finished Healing Shield Curvedfit protector.
    02-05-2015 11:53 AM
    Tempered glass shield didn't interfere with my S5 fingerprint scanner, don't see how it would bother the Edge's.
    02-05-2015 05:45 PM
    I'm not concerned about the fingerprint scanner. It should be just fine. I actually like that the home button would be more flush or slightly recessed.

I bet iLoome is probably having issues with the Edge because the glass is not perfectly flat. The screen actually seems to raise up a bit before the curve starts and I think anyone trying to make a curved tempered glass screen protector will have issues with it making perfect contact and avoiding big bubble areas.

Still keeping my fingers crossed. And my Edge screen is still naked.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T
    02-13-2015 03:39 AM
    I've had tempered glass on all my phones in the last year and this Edge is the only one that has Zagg Invisible shield on it (the dry-apply type). At first it looked horrendous with bubbles that the AT&T rep couldn't get out but now 3 days later all those bubbles are gone and it's Krystal Klear. I'm not missing tempered glass on it at all.

from the Note Edge📱✒
    tech_fan likes this.
    02-13-2015 06:02 AM
    I saw that at the AT&T store. Does it cover the edge?

02-13-2015 07:38 AM
    I've had tempered glass on all my phones in the last year and this Edge is the only one that has Zagg Invisible shield on it (the dry-apply type). At first it looked horrendous with bubbles that the AT&T rep couldn't get out but now 3 days later all those bubbles are gone and it's Krystal Klear. I'm not missing tempered glass on it at all.

from the Note Edge✒
    Yeah I had tempered glass on all my phones up to this one. Then I put on the Skinomi out of desperation because the Verizon one did not hold up and now I am thinking that I might opt for a Skinomi next time and avoid the glass screen protectors entirely.
    02-14-2015 10:27 PM

from the Note Edge📱✒
    Yeah I had tempered glass on all my phones up to this one. Then I put on the Skinomi out of desperation because the Verizon one did not hold up and now I am thinking that I might opt for a Skinomi next time and avoid the glass screen protectors entirely.
    02-14-2015 10:27 PM
    I saw that at the AT&T store. Does it cover the edge?

Yeahp, it sure does.

from the venerable Note 3π 📱✒
    02-14-2015 11:26 PM
    Att has them from body glove if I remember right but it was 45 freaking dollars!

Bodyguardz.com is the maker.

02-15-2015 08:24 AM
    Here's a pic

Attached Thumbnails Any new news on tempered glass?-20150215_072841.jpg  
    techgeek32#WN likes this.
    02-15-2015 08:30 AM