Note Edge or Note 4?

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
I now have both. I'm not sure which one is going to be my main phone but I do like them both. Seeing app notifications display in the side panel on the Edge is very nice instead of having to swipe down to see the notification. I have the S-View cover on my Note 4 so it does add more bulk to it to make it harder to handle sometimes.

I can see that I will easily have about the same usage on either phone now that I've changed the settings to be the same on each phone. The Edge also doesn't feel so cheap now that I've held it and used it.

I think I'm taking the Edge with me tonight. I'm glad I have both!

Oh, Google Voice makes it easy to have two phones and just use one number.
Since I'm fond on pure android I'm getting the Nexus 6 next but is Google voice hard to use with T-Mobile?

Sent from my T-Mobile Nexus 4 LTE using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
When I had Sprint and gvoice a while back I heard that people were having issues with voice and T-Mobile.

Sent from my T-Mobile Nexus 4 LTE using Tapatalk

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note Edge or Note 4? I'm using the Verizon screen protector.

For all of you Edge owners. Do you have a screen protector or are you trusting in Gorilla Glass 3?

from the NeXuS °6°

My friend that works there put it for me when I purchased it. She sold it to me for 9 bucks with a discount applied for a 3 pack and I figured that the Edge would be a unique experience so why not (at least at first). I normally DON'T use them so this is the first time I've put a screen protector on a device before I actually used it. Felt sort of strange. I'm still using the original. I actually forget it's even on there as it doesn't interfere with the screen swipes or sensitivity at all. I used both my Edge/with and my Note 4/without protection for 3 weeks before I sold the 4. I honestly couldn't tell the difference (nor did I really look for it either). When I get ready to wipe the screen off is when I realize the original protector is still on. And at that point I'm glad it is! I'm truly impressed. At some point when it wears off I'll either use one of the others from the 3 pack or just go naked. We'll see.

Now as for a case I do have one, but I only use it when I feel I'm at risk of dropping or breaking it (some workouts, on a hike, concerts & so on). It's a beautiful piece of tech and it feels too nice in the hand to keep covered up or make bulkier with a case all the time. So I've at least lowered my risk of breakage/scratches from a drop... somewhat.

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Congrats! I actually had trouble selling my Note 4 after I purchased the Edge. My girlfriend has the 4 so that helps!

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Have fun! It's nice to have choices. I thought about the Nexus 6 (mainly because of quicker updates as in Lollipop right now & no bloat), BUT I don't care for the size, I personally don't need the front facing speakers, no S-Pen like features for such a huge screen, Note's screen is sharper to me, Note"s camera is better for me and no expandable storage on the 6).

I guess I feel I'd get more bang for my buck with the Note series mainly because of the S Pen and "some" Touchwiz features. I actually use the pen much more than I thought I would because of it's new software and better implementation then in previous Notes. And then for me the Note 4 is "one upped" by the Note Edge as I feel like I'm getting everything! I still have the best camera with great camera software to complement it. I lose a little battery life wich hasn't been an issue for me so far. I actually use many different edge panels at different times. I appreciate that fact that you can use the edge features (timer, countdown, ruler, record & play voice notes and so on) while the phone is locked. This is a feature often overlooked. And I love the Note Edge night clock! All in all I believe that the Note 4 & Edge make better use of the size than many other big phones.

Just my opinion.
Thankfully we have so many choices now.

As an also: My buddy just told me that Samsung makes the screen for the Nexus 6. If so how ironic.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Have fun! It's nice to have choices.

[snipped to save space]

Just my opinion.
Thankfully we have so many choices now.

As an also: My buddy just told me that Samsung makes the screen for the Nexus 6. If so how ironic.

I like this huge ole Nexus °6° . However, I love the S Pen too. I had to instantly root it to have a feature that the Edge would have right out the book with its TouchWiz: the ability to change that yucky (to me) stock android font with something a little more my style:
0580a7db52af8e5b74d26558e026351b.jpg

I still have 12 days to consider the Note Edge but since I already have a new Note 3 and a new Note 4 it seemed even more redundant than the two of them already are while the NeXuS °6° not only gives the change of Lollipop (though, admittedly, that is not important at all) but a beautiful nice huge-er screen and awesome camera (I may do some comparisons to my Note 4 today).

from the NeXuS °6°

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I like this huge ole Nexus °6° . However, I love the S Pen too. I had to instantly root it to have a feature that the Edge would have right out the book with its TouchWiz: the ability to change that yucky (to me) stock android font with something a little more my style:

from the NeXuS °6°

I feel you. And I take it that you'd struggle parting with (as in selling your old notes on Craigslist or gifting to a family member) to make room for A Note that's different?

Personally I can afford more phones, but I just don't need them.

Hope I'm not being too personal. If so just ignore me.

P. S. I must admit it was tough for me to part with my Note 4, but I had the Edge and the 600.00 I sold it for so that helped ease the pain of my loss. LOLS!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I feel you. And I take it that you'd struggle parting with (as in selling your old notes on Craigslist or gifting to a family member) to make room for A Note that's different?

Personally I can afford more phones, but I just don't need them.

Hope I'm not being too personal. If so just ignore me.

P. S. I must admit it was tough for me to part with my Note 4, but I had the Edge and the 600.00 I sold it for so that helped ease the pain of my loss. LOLS!
I now have 7, yes 7 phones. 5 of them because I'm a junky and 2 blackberries for work. 4 of them are less than a month old (Note 3, Note 4, iPhone 6+, and the NeXuS 6). It is the Nexus 6 that I'm not 100% sure about but returning it for a Note Edge is questionable sense I have the brand new Note 3 and Note 4 already. ...and the Edge is expensive.

I think I need to slow down but this time of year when I'm replacing equipment is always fun. The Edge does have that removable battery and SD card slot and Edge screen but not Lollipop, a 5.96” screen, or front-facing speakers. It seems given the devices I already have the NeXuS 6 was the better choice. ...I think. My equipment is too new for me to consider selling just yet. I should have for the Note Edge instead of the Note 3 but ~ $350 seemed like a lot for a feature I wasn't sure about.

I still have time though and will decide between the Nexus 6 and Note Edge this week. If the Nexus 6 does a couple more random restarts it'll make the decision kinda easier.

from the venerable Note 3π

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I now have 7, yes 7 phones. 5 of them because I'm a junky and 2 blackberries for work. 4 of them are less than a month old (Note 3, Note 4, iPhone 6+, and the NeXuS 6). It is the Nexus 6 that I'm not 100% sure about but returning it for a Note Edge is questionable sense I have the brand new Note 3 and Note 4 already. ...and the Edge is expensive.

I think I need to slow down but this time of year when I'm replacing equipment is always fun. The Edge does have that removable battery and SD card slot and Edge screen but not Lollipop, a 5.96” screen, or front-facing speakers. It seems given the devices I already have the NeXuS 6 was the better choice. ...I think. My equipment is too new for me to consider selling just yet. I should have for the Note Edge instead of the Note 3 but ~ $350 seemed like a lot for a feature I wasn't sure about.

I still have time though and will decide between the Nexus 6 and Note Edge this week. If the Nexus 6 does a couple more random restarts it'll make the decision kinda easier.

from the venerable Note 3π

Nexus 6 is an awesome device... I just wish it had the ability to take an SD card

Posted via the Android Central App

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I now have both. I'm not sure which one is going to be my main phone but I do like them both. Seeing app notifications display in the side panel on the Edge is very nice instead of having to swipe down to see the notification. I have the S-View cover on my Note 4 so it does add more bulk to it to make it harder to handle sometimes.

I can see that I will easily have about the same usage on either phone now that I've changed the settings to be the same on each phone. The Edge also doesn't feel so cheap now that I've held it and used it.

I think I'm taking the Edge with me tonight. I'm glad I have both!

Oh, Google Voice makes it easy to have two phones and just use one number.

Do you notice that the screen on the Edge is not as bright as the screen on the Note 4? I have both right in front of me and am trying to decide on which one to keep (or both) and all settings the same, the screen on the Note 4 is brighter than the Edge.

Thanks.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
∆ Keep both if you can. I have both as well as a Note 3 and haven't done a side by side screen comparison between the 4 and the Edge but I love them both. If one is brighter than the other would it bother you? I do notice that both the 4 and Edge have a whiter and sharper screen to the already stellar Note 3's.

🍷from The 🅰🍗

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11