How do you like it? Do you find the screen panels to be redundant as you can access the same info perhaps equally or faster on the Gear S?

I sold my Note Edge that I had for 8 days and reverted to my Note 4 (kept my Gear S) , but I am not sure if it was a good move cuz I do miss the Edge for its cool factor.
    02-11-2015 09:28 AM
    How do you like it? Do you find the screen panels to be redundant as you can access the same info perhaps equally or faster on the Gear S?

I sold my Note Edge that I had for 8 days and reverted to my Note 4 (kept my Gear S) , but I am not sure if it was a good move cuz I do miss the Edge for its cool factor.
    I have both. Just got my gear s a couple weeks ago and love it. I'm shocked you dumped the edge. I know it's a new style phone but I think more panels will come in the future. The coolness factor was too much for me to pass it up on. Yes the notifications on both can be redundant but at work I leave my phone at my desk as I'm looking at things at work. I'm in maintenance in a steel mill and love having notifications and texts on my wrist at all times. And I do take the watch off when I have to repair something so I don't smash it. You will have the same thing with the note 4, should'a stuck with the edge.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    02-11-2015 07:04 PM
    I have both. Just got my gear s a couple weeks ago and love it. I'm shocked you dumped the edge. I know it's a new style phone but I think more panels will come in the future. The coolness factor was too much for me to pass it up on. Yes the notifications on both can be redundant but at work I leave my phone at my desk as I'm looking at things at work. I'm in maintenance in a steel mill and love having notifications and texts on my wrist at all times. And I do take the watch off when I have to repair something so I don't smash it. You will have the same thing with the note 4, should'a stuck with the edge.
    Yeah, I do miss the Edge for its coolness, but I am still unsure whether it can really help me access and retrieve info easier and faster. For example, with my Note 4, I can still get the same notifications on the Notification Panel and even better on my Gear S as I can read the whole messages and respond...all from my wrist w/o needing to pull out my Edge or Note 4. On my Gear S, I can stream videos, respond to messages and emails, make and receive calls, etc w/o compromising the screen of my Note 4.

When I had the Edge with my Gear S, I felt it was an overload of info, and it was a hassle to respond to the Edge Panels and Gear S. So for me, something got to give, and I have decided on the Edge. It is a cool looking device, but it didn't enhance my ways of mobile communication.
    02-12-2015 11:00 AM

I have both but I had my watch on release day so I have had it a while... Just got my Edge when Verizon finally released it on their release date.

My watch gets a lot more attention from me and others... I must say if I am out and about people want to talk about it and know all it can do. I can't say that means I would prefer the Note 4 because I do actually go watchless when I am at home so the edge factor still works wonders for me. The Edge is like the best phone I have owned to date... This is the 3rd phone I have probably said that about in my life time and I am very easily bored. I owned the Note 2 and Note 3 and the Note 4 although better than the 3 in specs etc I needed a different form factor. If the Edge was not released I would have probably tried a different manufacturer this upgrade.

So no I don't find the redundant THEY ARE AMAZING!!!! I am enjoying watching people create apps to put their fun spin on the Edge. I think this is the best combo unless you got the Note 4 and the VR headset. I have heard wonderful things about it and well my Edge won't work with it so I won't be trying it. Also the swarovski back door would be nice but that is for the Note 4 as well and Verizon has them $100 off!!!

Well sorry to be so long winded but I don't like it I LOVE IT and I will probably keep this combo for a while.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    02-12-2015 11:46 AM
    The interesting thing is I agree with everything all of you have said. I have this combo also. I happen to think the edge adds so much flexibility. I do not use the app drawer from the home app, so to be able to run apps from the edge is great.
    02-12-2015 01:41 PM