Why is my rear camera extremely blurry?

Brandi Love

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Extremely Blurry Rear Camera

:mad::mad:
This is what my pictures look like when I try to take a picture.

11018732_1599660966933222_9089361053740838747_n.jpg

This was taken with the rear camera. You can't make out anything. The only mode that's not blurry is Selfie mode (or Beauty mode) why is my camera like this? It's not dirty and there's no film or anything on the lens, it's plain old blurry and I want to fix it so that my pictures are clear.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Extremely Blurry Rear Camera

:mad::mad:
This is what my pictures look like when I try to take a picture.

This was taken with the rear camera. You can't make out anything. The only mode that's not blurry is Selfie mode (or Beauty mode) why is my camera like this? It's not dirty and there's no film or anything on the lens, it's plain old blurry and I want to fix it so that my pictures are clear.
Remove the rear battery cover and clean the plastic lens of the camera. Put the cover back on then go into system settings > applications > sort by all > camera. Clear the cache then try take a picture. Be sure to no be too close otherwise the camera might not focus.

If the problem continues then it's likely an issue with a piece of hardware. At that point, I'd suggest taking it back for a look or contact Samsung for repair.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site

I believe it's glass on the camera lens not plastic actually. That's awfully blurry. No tape or protective film on the camera? It's supposed to have a hole in the middle so it shouldn't matter anyway but just in case.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I believe it's glass on the camera lens not plastic actually. That's awfully blurry. No tape or protective film on the camera? It's supposed to have a hole in the middle so it shouldn't matter anyway but just in case.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T

I took off the Plastic with hole in it
& its much better now
But that made a Major Difference

But still sometimes Camera Still is blury :(

Brandi Love

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site

I tried everything and it's still extremely blurry. I made sure all of the plastic was off when I first got the phone and the rear camera worked just fine and now it's just all blurry. I reset the phone to factory condition and it's still extremely blurry. I'll have to talk someone. We have 3 T-Mobile departments inside of the mall where I live so next time I go to the mall, I'll have someone look at it. I hate that I can't take pictures the way I want to. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 as well and the camera works just fine. I'm not understanding why my Note Edge camera is so screwed up.

JaiHook

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site

Sometimes I find that I need to wipe the camera off as I would my glasses when they fog up. Also could it be it is taken a long time to auto focus?

Posted via the Android Central App using my Galaxy Note Edge

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Sometimes I find that I need to wipe the camera off as I would my glasses when they fog up. Also could it be it is taken a long time to auto focus?

Posted via the Android Central App using my Galaxy Note Edge

Please look carefully there was a plastic with a hole in it on the Camera lens behind on my phone
after i removed it I have no issues of the camera struggling to focus or blrry pics

Last edited:

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This worked for me too. I am guessing the optical focus gets stuck sometimes.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thats just messed up never ever had issues with camera in any Samsung phone ever
I changed 2 phones but still had the issue :(
this Phone I really liked, but now will get the S6 edge hope that doesnt have this issue :(

Last edited:

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
The S6 Edge (same with the S6) has the exact same camera and sensor as the Note 4/Edge so any issues with the current Note Edge's camera could very well transfer over to the S6/S6 Edge.

rexbitz

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

I've read an article about the phone case bevels interfering with the cameras due to the light transmittance. Don't know if that's a factor for you.

Amber Lea

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Okay, I just got the Note 4 today and was about to scream/cry having this very same problem. My boyfriend (who has had a Galaxy months before me) started fiddling, and found a solution that seems to work thus far. Go in to the camera, hit Mode, select "Beauty Face", then go back into Mode and hit "Auto" after one or two tries things suddenly focused.

I certainly hope this helps you too.

reneebovee

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Somebody told me on the forums to shake the phone when you open the camera app, did that and it fixed the problem

I did this and holy hell it worked! I tested it 14 times and it works every time!!!! I have had my phone for months and was unable to take good pictures! Thank you!!!!!

carvation

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

I usually just focus on something far away and then back to the subject

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy® Note Edge

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member