Galaxy Note Edge is now 100% Unique & will likely remain so

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for a global GSM (LTE if it's there) variant of note edge with 64 bit processor. Out there too many variants and am not clear which one to buy?. Any suggestions please.

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I am looking for a global GSM (LTE if it's there) variant of note edge with 64 bit processor. Out there too many variants and am not clear which one to buy?. Any suggestions please.

I believe you'd be looking for this:
bf7c008dae600583062e976338891302.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galax...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4288936

♻from the n.4✒🍫

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
915G doesn't seem to be international unlocked. This is for countries Singapore, Australia and Spain and supports only 2G on T-mobile.

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
915G doesn't seem to be international unlocked. This is for countries Singapore, Australia and Spain and supports only 2G on T-mobile.

N915G is the international unlocked.. There's only so many models (G, F, A, S, V, and T I think..?) And G is the international version...

Posted via the Android Central App

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I am picking one up from T-Mobile in Chicago today. I will be able to use that phone in Asia correct? Does that mean it must be a GSM phone?

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I am picking one up from T-Mobile in Chicago today. I will be able to use that phone in Asia correct? Does that mean it must be a GSM phone?

Not a GSM phone, but a global phone. However T mobile is GSM Anyway.
Meaning you should be able to use the VZW version in Asia as well.

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
N915G is the international unlocked.. There's only so many models (G, F, A, S, V, and T I think..?) And G is the international version...

Attached are the models and there is no mention of international version as they are all country specific.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-25-17-00-33-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-25-17-00-33-1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 31

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Attached are the models and there is no mention of international version as they are all country specific.

Any suggestions?

Where will you be using it? Sorry if you've already said :/

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Then I'd get the T Mobile model...

OK the reason for my question is to find the Exynos version that can be used on t-mobile and international. You suggested G, for which I said it is not international unlocked. I never denied there is a snapdragon version on t-mobile

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
OK the reason for my question is to find the Exynos version that can be used on t-mobile and international. You suggested G, for which I said it is not international unlocked. I never denied there is a snapdragon version on t-mobile

Oh! Sorry :/ I'd suggest the FY (Europe) variant then.

anon(4054009)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
When the Edge first hit Best Buy I went to check it out. My first reaction was no thanks. Today again in BB I looked at it again. I liked it since the floor model had a number of edge screen apps on it. What about software upgrades going forward, is this a dead end now?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
When the Edge first hit Best Buy I went to check it out. My first reaction was no thanks. Today again in BB I looked at it again. I liked it since the floor model had a number of edge screen apps on it. What about software upgrades going forward, is this a dead end now?
It'll likely get Lollipop and maybe one more major upgrade. It'll be interesting to see how Samsung evolves the Note Edge going forward.

♻from the n.3 controller🍶🍭

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site

There is a lollipop update for the G model, still waiting for anything else...

Ted Stout

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Just bought a used Note Edge, in good condition. I love it! Too bad Samsung didn't create a similar model that replicates the original Note Edge actions vis-a-vis the Edge Panel.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Just bought a used Note Edge, in good condition. I love it! Too bad Samsung didn't create a similar model that replicates the original Note Edge actions vis-a-vis the Edge Panel.

Edge is a cool phone, no doubt. And very unique. The reason Samsung didn't continue with the experiment is because experiments don't sell, mainstream does. So people who bought the Note Edge are typically very tech savvy. That's maybe 5% of the phone using public and perhaps 30% of android users.

Also if you look at the Note 7 it no longer looks business like or pro looking, it looks just like a S7 or S7 Edge with SPen (and 5.7" screen vs 5.5 on the S7 Edge). So they are going totally user friendly and mainstream with the Note line.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Edge is a cool phone, no doubt. And very unique. The reason Samsung didn't continue with the experiment is because experiments don't sell, mainstream does. So people who bought the Note Edge are typically very tech savvy. That's maybe 5% of the phone using public and perhaps 30% of android users.

Also if you look at the Note 7 it no longer looks business like or pro looking, it looks just like a S7 or S7 Edge with SPen (and 5.7" screen vs 5.5 on the S7 Edge). So they are going totally user friendly and mainstream with the Note line.

Good god this man KNOWS his ish. He is right. Notes use to look very distinctive. The 7 now looks like the S7. And it is NOT as wide as your Edge. The 7 does have some cool features. But I really really wish I didn't damage my Edge to the point where I was forced to get a new phone.

If you can stay with the Lollipop update and keep tge phone healthy, you are not missing anything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20