Note Edge or Note 4?

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a friend who has the Note 4 Exynos and he told me the battery drain like hell, he's accusing the exynos chip (which is the only one over here)

Ace Red

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I ended up with the Edge. The phones are essentially identical with the Edge having the Edge screen and the Note 4 having a bigger battery.
Battery life has never been an issue for me and I like the edge panel a lot! Very seldom do I ever flip through screens anymore.
Good bad or indifferent, I'd get the edge.

It's a little like buying a convertible or a hard top. Everyone I asked who had a convertible said to get one. Everyone with a hard top wanted to know why I would do such a thing. lol (got the convertible and love it)

Robster33

Banned
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I got a second hand Note 4 last weekend for $300 to try out, i have all Apple for my business, Macbook/iPad/IP6 which is all good. I am after a second phone and bigger screen mainly for home private use. It had a few scratches which i new about and i sold it on eBay for $675. Today i saw a sale on eBay here (Australia) for a Note Edge with one of the major retailers online store, plus got another 20% off and got it for $686. They are around the $980 + here, or $1249 from Samsung direct. Could of got the note 4 for for $60 less but thought i would give the Edge ago. Hope i like it when it arrives.

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
You can use the Note Edge in your right hand and use your thumb to easily open apps that you have placed in the edge panel.
The Edge and Note 4 screens are no different so neither is more able to be scratched then the other.
Both the Note Edge and Note 4 screens are great under sunlight.
I am getting battery battery life from my Note Edge even though it has a smaller battery. This might be just due to different settings.

Not sure about the roms.

I own and use both phones every day. I use my Note Edge without a case and the Note 4 in a S View cover.

Just a fun fact, the screens are slightly different, note 4 used a glass substrate in its display, but the edge uses a plastic substrate so that it can be curved, giving it a slightly (but not very noticeably) worse screen.

Also the ROM situation, don't expect any ROMs except a few stock/unbloated. As said above the note edge being a limited edition phone, you don't get much ROM love :/

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Just a fun fact, the screens are slightly different, note 4 used a glass substrate in its display, but the edge uses a plastic substrate so that it can be curved, giving it a slightly (but not very noticeably) worse screen.

Also the ROM situation, don't expect any ROMs except a few stock/unbloated. As said above the note edge being a limited edition phone, you don't get much ROM love :/

I don't care about ROMs and as far as screens go, holding the Note Edge and Note 4 side by side, there is no difference in the quality of the screens. Colors are the same and the quality looks identical.

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't care about ROMs and as far as screens go, holding the Note Edge and Note 4 side by side, there is no difference in the quality of the screens. Colors are the same and the quality looks identical.

I only notice a smidge of a difference, and I'm a little picky and look closely. But yeah essentially they're the same, sorry for the confusion.

Robster33

Banned
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I have had both in the last week, Note 4 i picked up second hand for $300 Aud and sold on eBay for $675. I didn't use it long but kept opening apps on the side and the power and volume buttons accidentally. Picked up a brand new Edge for $680 Aud which is a bargain in Australia and is much better, like the power button on top and the volume buttons are higher i think can't remember. Really like the edge screen. This is my phone for private use, have a iPhone 6/macbook/ipad for my business. With android i have had in the last year a M8, S5, N3, Moto G, N4 , none compare to the Edge. Its a Keeper.

itfromsg

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I picked the Note Edge instead of the Note 4 since I like the design of the Edge though a few others do not like the awkwardness of the look but if you are into more options, I suggest the Edge since the additional edge screen will give you more options to customize your phone.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Don't mean to hijack this thread but I can't help but be impressed with all of the happy users here.
I was disappointed yesterday after a trip to best buy and fell for the edge and the salesmen said they'd quit carrying it for VZW.
Something about the side edge panel was locking up due to a processor problem..
Clearly none of you guys in this thread have experienced that.
I may get one after seeing all of the happy Edgers here.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Don't mean to hijack this thread but I can't help but be impressed with all of the happy users here.
I was disappointed yesterday after a trip to best buy and fell for the edge and the salesmen said they'd quit carrying it for VZW.

Not only have I not experienced that but, until now, never heard of it. My Note Edge has been flawless since the day it joined the party. Then again, I'm on AT&T, so perfection is par for the course, IME.

📐🍷from the sliQ side of womb with the n.Edge🍶📏

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Clearly none of you guys in this thread have experienced that.
I may get one after seeing all of the happy Edgers here.

I have had no problems with my Verizon note edge.... Maybe they ran out of stock (since they only have 100,000 in the USA iirc)

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Edge is slightly larger but thinner than N4, how does it feel in hand specially if you keep it in yours when you walk long distance?

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I got the edge to be different. Lol. Also you can just swipe your thumb over the edge at any time to get to the main apps. Or what you set.

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Edge is slightly larger but thinner than N4, how does it feel in hand specially if you keep it in yours when you walk long distance?

Its wider/shorter, and thinner isnt very noticeable.. Mine feels pretty good in hand (I have a verus case on it) just big, so not always the best I'm certain situations haha

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae