Hey guys,

I have been searching for a couple hours now and not seeing much in the durable case department. Seeing a bunch of UAG cases, and then some sub-par cases. I am looking for a case similar to my old cases, Seidio Obex, Lifeproof, etc. I'm coming from a galaxy s4, and I've seen good cases for those phones but why aren't there any for the note or note Edge?

I prefer something drop proof, dust proof, and or waterproof. Price isn't a concern if it protects my device- any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm at the point now where if I can't find a solid case I'm going to end up returning it and sticking with the S4. I know with the S4 it's been through hell in that case and it still looks brand new. I'm just afraid I'll be cashing in on the insurance more often than not, so I need a pretty tough case.

Thanks all!
    03-30-2015 05:53 AM
    The UAG is a tuff case i have dropped my 4edge so many times & the UAG came through like a champ. The 4edge fits really good in the UAG case. FYI the case fits really well without the stock 4edge back cover & looks cool with the clear back, its great for quick battery swaps when your on the go.
    03-30-2015 06:33 AM
    Thanks Bong, is that the toughest case available?

I fear that case isn't strong enough for the torture it may go through at times.

Side note- I had my GS4 with the Obex case fly out of my pocket while on the highway on my Harley...the phones 100% flawless, yet the case took a few scratches and scrapes. The Obex is solid, so was the lifeproof!
    03-30-2015 06:49 AM
    Just a thought, maybe you should think about protecting your phone from things like flying out of your pocket in the first place? Not a dig, just a suggestion for thinking ahead of the game.

I can't imagine returning a phone like the Edge because I can't find a super-case for it. I want the Edge so I would just take more precautions.
    03-30-2015 07:09 AM
    Life happens, our life styles are most likely a lot different. I've been riding motorcycles for 10+ years and it's only happened once. Also, the phone takes a beating at the gym and while out and about. Have to be prepared for it, I suppose I'll do some more research then return if nothing solid shows up.
    03-30-2015 07:25 AM
    Thanks Bong, is that the toughest case available?

I fear that case isn't strong enough for the torture it may go through at times.

Side note- I had my GS4 with the Obex case fly out of my pocket while on the highway on my Harley...the phones 100% flawless, yet the case took a few scratches and scrapes. The Obex is solid, so was the lifeproof!
    Unless you are working as a demolitions expert, the UAG case is more than enough. I'm like you, on my S3 I had the Otterbox Armor case on that phone. Price wasn't an option. However I have found that while this case is not dust or waterproof, it provides excellent protection and its a gorgeous case. You spend 950+ for a phone, why not protect your investment with what arguably is the best case available for this phone?

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    03-30-2015 07:30 AM
    Unfortunately the case selection for the Note Edge is pretty slim. I have yet to find a waterproof/dust proof case. At most the UAG does help against drops but that's about it. You aren't going to find an OtterBox Defender or LifeProof variant for the Note Edge from the makers of those cases or knock-off brands. The Note 4 barely started getting cases from OtterBox and LifeProof (who is owned by OtterBox) only supports the S4, S5, and S6.

In my experience people who think they need the thickest, toughest case on the market are often wrong. The Note Edge is a pretty durable phone as-is and I've dropped mine already in a cheap $10 case from Amazon. It was dropped onto thin carpet in my office from my desk (accidentally knocked off by someone with their backpack) but it survived. Unless you are extremely clumsy, the UAG case is about all you'll need.

My main concern for waterproofing was not being able to take pictures at the pool or while I'm out on a beach. But I ended up purchasing an HTC Re camera for $99, $20 more than a LifeProof case. It handles still shots (16MP) and shoots 1080p, 30fps video all while being waterproof for up to 30 minutes at 1 meter deep. I purchased the accessory that lets me use it underwater for 120 minutes at a larger depth. So now I no longer have to worry about that.
    03-30-2015 07:33 AM
    Disappointing that they don't make better cases. They could be making so much more money if they expanded their development. Oh well, I'll have to do some reviews on the UAG. The phone will take a beating, that's for sure. I'd just hate to grab the phone while working on the car/bike with greasy hands and get oils and other debris on the screen.

Does the UAG come with a screen protector? If so, is it a good one or does it ruin the touch sensitivity?
    sosaman likes this.
    03-30-2015 07:44 AM
    The UAG is a tuff case i have dropped my 4edge so many times & the UAG came through like a champ. The 4edge fits really good in the UAG case. FYI the case fits really well without the stock 4edge back cover & looks cool with the clear back, its great for quick battery swaps when your on the go.
    This is the case I have and I rarely drop phones but this weekend my phone not only dropped out of my pocket but it went down a number of BRICK STAIRS! After holding my breath and picking it up out of the grass I dusted it off and looked at it from several angles. Not only was my phone in like new condition but the case showed no damage either.

#IAmABeliever

With the clear back I have added a decal sticker on the back of the battery door (gets rid of the hideous Verizon logo) to personalize my phone as well. I bought a white battery door as well and put a decal on it also so now I have two looks for my phone using this case.
    03-30-2015 11:16 AM
    I have the Edge case as well. I have dropped the phone a few times and the case protects the phone nicely. Flossy Carter did a review on You Tube on the UAG case, you might want to check it out. Plus, the case looks sharp with the Note Edge.
    03-30-2015 01:09 PM
    This is the case I have and I rarely drop phones but this weekend my phone not only dropped out of my pocket but it went down a number of BRICK STAIRS! After holding my breath and picking it up out of the grass I dusted it off and looked at it from several angles. Not only was my phone in like new condition but the case showed no damage either.

#IAmABeliever

With the clear back I have added a decal sticker on the back of the battery door (gets rid of the hideous Verizon logo) to personalize my phone as well. I bought a white battery door as well and put a decal on it also so now I have two looks for my phone using this case.
    Hey Priceless? The user above me stated that he removed the back panel and just installed it with the UAG case. I just tried it, it's pretty flush against the case and looks pretty cool being able to see the internals of the phone.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    03-30-2015 06:32 PM
    Hey Priceless? The user above me stated that he removed the back panel and just installed it with the UAG case. I just trued it, it's pretty flush against the case and looks pretty cool being able to see rhe internals of the phone.
    For a more clear look you can also peel off the silver UAG stickers, there stuck on real good but they can come off
    03-31-2015 12:48 AM
    For a more clear look you can also peel off the silver UAG stickers, there stuck on real good but they can come off
    This is great to know... I like the lips on the back of my battery door makes a manly case kinda girly.

I am a geek and all but seeing the battery etc does not tickle my fancy much. I blinged out of my UAG cases with swarovski stones and the other I left plain.
    Note Edge - strongest most durable case or return-2015-04-01.jpg
    03-31-2015 11:24 AM
    Does the UAG come with a screen protector? If so, is it a good one or does it ruin the touch sensitivity?
    It does not... I got a "Healing shield curvedfit" screen protector in a matte finish off ebay. (they have jumped in price since I got mine but I see them listed for about $13 now for shipped a 3 pack)

My coworker who loves my phone so much she got one too got a matte finished one of amazon from skinomi $9.95 for one and hers seems to still be on as well. She did not want to wait for one to come from overseas like I did for mine and hers does not give as much coverage as mine but it goes over the edge.

No fingerprints and it actually stays on my phone unlike others I have heard do not stay on the curve but peel up.
    03-31-2015 11:31 AM
    This is great to know... I like the lips on the back of my battery door makes a manly case kinda girly.

I am a geek and all but seeing the battery etc does not tickle my fancy much. I blinged out of my UAG cases with swarovski stones and the other I left plain.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-04-01.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	260.7 KB 
ID:	168980
    05-24-2016 06:16 PM
    Hi loved that you blinged it out. Where would i find the lips or something similar what is it a sticker??
    05-24-2016 06:17 PM
    Hi loved that you blinged it out. Where would i find the lips or something similar what is it a sticker??
    Sorry I am so delayed it is a decal sticker like you would buy for a car that I placed on the battery door. I don't even carry the note edge anymore so that is why I am a month behind in response.
    06-27-2016 11:28 AM