Smart remote app

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Just a heads up! I found this after some Googling.. It's the official Smart Remote app that's due to be released on the S6, and it works great.. I use it for my home theater system, and it's so nice to not have to find three different controllers when they're all in my hand!

**link removed**

Last edited by a moderator:

itfromsg

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I would have loved to use the remote app but it is just plainly a remote app and does not have the same setting as the HTC TV app wherein the schedules can be downloaded and will also show what is currenlty playing. With just 1 press on the now playing icon, your show will play. Hoping it would be the same in Samsung. :(

Brick ONeil

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Found the S-Remote app on my Note Edge and, of course, it doesn't find my tv on the 69 choices under my TV. Do I need to have bluetooth on or something?

dellagregg

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I use it on my bdrm tv, my living room tv, my moms tv and at one of my friend's house on her tv. To be clear i am using the one that came orepackaged in the os when i got the phone.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I use the Smart Remote app and I love it. I'm not sure why others need to have wifi on or can it see what's playing live. I have all those capabilities.

Note Edge

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I have been using this app for a while. I find it funny that I can turn just about anyone's tv on and off.

The first time I noticed this was by mistake... I was at a bar with a guy who had an iPhone and asked what that was on my lock screen, I said oh that's my remote app for my tv. He points it up and hits the power button and like 4 tvs turn off. I turned them back on and we had a good laugh about it. A few weeks later I was out of state at a friends house and we went to Sam's Club to pick up some things I turned off 2 tvs in there as well.